Thread: Should I Help My Allies??

Default Should I Help My Allies??

To be more specific should i aid Koinon Hellenon? They are having their back-sides kicked by the Makedonian Black Army of Doom!!! :D Sparte is Under Siege by the Makedonians and it's fall seems inevitable, the Spartan King has fled(its funny to see Spartans flee ehe) to Crete and if Sparte falls only the Island of Rhodes remain.
    Current Campaigns

"tu regere imperio populos, Romane, memento"—"Roman, remember by your strength to rule the Earth's peoples!"

Default Re: Should I Help My Allies??

hell no, allies mean nothing in EB, they'll as soon sneak attack you with a full stack when you aren't looking. BTW just because KH has Rhodes they're useless, in my Macedonian game, after pushing the greeks from the peleponnesse, KH invaded asia minor and actually conquered most of it *_*'. Worked out for me since now i don't have to break my Alliance with seleucus to take sardis.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

My AI allies only betrays me. I only help factions that are my buffer states I give them my conquered cities to keep ptolemy and AS away from me I got tired of battling phalanxes.
    BTW they are good keeping grey and yellow deaths but they just watch like this that I hate....

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Wow the Getae have taken almost all of the regions with a scripted general O.o

Yeah, the Getai have even taken out several of the defender regions O_o. Even more amazing however.....the Celts own all of Gaul.
    Last edited by Grade_A_Beef; 08-27-2010 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    My AI allies only betrays me. I only help factions that are my buffer states I give them my conquered cities to keep ptolemy and AS away from me I got tired of battling phalanxes.
    BTW they are good keeping grey and yellow deaths but they just watch like this that I hate....

Is that a screenshot of a modded campaign or "vanilla" EB?
    My first baloon, generously given by Arthur, king of the Britons , for nice Casse and Pahlava empires

In my experience, an alliance can be as much of a hindrance as help as the campain evolves, since I avoid breaking them. Setting the other party up to break it is usually easy, though.

Btw, in my current campain, the Sweboz have already taken a defended region. They are working on others. But that screenshot is amazing, and so early...

I say help them.

I think it's not in your best interest that Macedon dominates that area... It's better to have 2 weak factions than 1 very strong.
    A great rule; divide and conquer :)
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    I say help them.

I think it's not in your best interest that Macedon dominates that area... It's better to have 2 weak factions than 1 very strong.
    A great rule; divide and conquer :)
    Yup i've decided to help them! I'm sending a Legion over there to liberate Sparte and while at it i'm gonna take Crete for myself as a Base of some sort :D
    Current Campaigns

"tu regere imperio populos, Romane, memento"—"Roman, remember by your strength to rule the Earth's peoples!"

Sitting on a chair in front of a computer screen.

I usually help those who are my buffer states or who I like. I usually have an army defend my allies when I need to.

"Don't let the voice of the people be filled with anger"-Polybius

It seems i'm too late! Makedonia Has killed-off all the young FM's of KH when they took Sparte! Only the Faction Leader is left in Krete. So knowing that is there any way i can save the Faction from Being destroyed this early in the game? its only 265 BC. Is there a console command i can use to add a FM for KH?
    Current Campaigns

Blog Entries

They have Rhodos. So dont bother. They should have an FM there.If not just wait for one to pop up. Their leader is save in Krete.

@Nohelmet
    What did you do to your EB?
    It says 249bc, but even when I played until imperial reforms Nobody conquered the rebell stack provinces...
    Last edited by seienchin; 08-28-2010 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    They have Rhodos. So dont bother. They should have an FM there.If not just wait for one to pop up. Their leader is save in Krete.

@Nohelmet
    It says 249bc, but even when I played until imperial reforms Nobody conquered the rebell stack provinces...
    Nope they dont have another FM in Rhodos, I know coz when the turn ended their Faction Leader Died in Krete of Old Age then The Faction Was Destroyed and i also double checked by reloading the game to the previous turn; attacked their Faction Leader, killed Him and again Faction Destroyed! Its kinda Sad that only 7 years into the Game Makedonia Has already Dominated Greece while Epiros Dominates Makedonia in the north :D
    Last edited by Valion; 08-28-2010 at 10:36.
    Current Campaigns

If you manage to find a reload where the faction leader survives until he adopts someone or anything else happens it's likely they will come back after seeral years and conquer asia minor, unless offcource the faction leader already has 4 "children that are all "used up".
    In general you coud say helping allies via money or gifting buffer provinces is a good thing to do to keep the game interesting whereas the KH often manage to survive on rhodos and come back later due to high script assistance.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

To check if he had any children left i started a KH campaign game! and it seems he still has living male descendants. In 272 BC he has 3 male descendants aged 11, 7 and 1. So that means at 265 BC the eldest is 14! only 2 more years before he comes of age. Well that is assuming all factions start with the same default setting of the Family tree. But i hope so hehe
    Current Campaigns

Just roleplay that you are the protectors of the free Greeks peoples conquer all of Greece and set up lvl4 govs everywhere.

Forget the Greeks they are save on Crete, Your underbelly is in danger from the with curse, its time to invade Sicily and kick the hated Poeni out of Spain, its Scipio Africanus time. Cheers.

I dont like rushing my games so i took Kydonia in Krete and Gave it to the KH! it worked they got a new FM a turn later, that saved their faction Lol.
    As for Carthage i'm not to keen to get the Africanus name for Scipio since from experience of my old Romani Campaign his male children carry the Name as well which i HATE!
    Current Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by NoHelmet View Post
    Is that a screenshot of a modded campaign or "vanilla" EB?
    You must be joking
    I myself have made more than 6 submods for EB.
    Check my sign.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post

@Nohelmet
    I call it 'Realist Movement Mod'!
    It makes wonders in ALEX...

My Submods for EB