Thread: Siam Total War needs unit modellers

Default Siam Total War needs unit modellers

Hi! Im Pazu the Kitsune, chief organizer for the 'Siam: Total War' mod (http://www.moddb.com/mods/siam-total-war)

In essence, Siam Total War is not only a mod covering Siam (ancient Thailand), but mainland South East Asia as a whole, from the years 1530-1700. These are turbulent years, not only is there near constant warfare between local factions, but it covers the dawn of European trade, exploration and expansion into the region. This is the first period of mainland South East Asias contact with the west, before the long period of isolation (1700-early 19th century), and later the second period in which much of South East Asia was conquered by the French and British (we may or may not eventually make a mod covering the second period, depending on a number of factors, regardless dont expect anything for a long while :P)

For now, we must focus on Siam Total War. It is a mod covering a history both fascinating and very unknown to western audiences. Part of our objective is to make this history known.

For now we need unit modellers. Some would say that unit models are the vital organs of any overhaul modification for a Total War game. I have found that this is not far from the truth, and indeed, without a unit modeller the survival of our mod is no guarantee.

Anyone who can model units, is interested in South East Asian history or likes Total War games should contribute to this mod. If you are interested feel free to say so here, or if you have an account at the twcenter feel free to make posts in our thread over there (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331660). Even if you cannot model units but are interested, feel free to contribute, all contributions are welcome :D

I bow before you,

Pazu the Kitsune

:D

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Siam Total War needs unit modellers

@Mee4703

How about joining Nusantara Total War project instead
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...tara-Total-War

you must know that we allready have a lot of progress allready and covering roughly the same area (South East Asia). We have modellers and you could be Historical researchers on IndoChina factions

For now we need unit modellers. Some would say that unit models are the vital organs of any overhaul modification for a Total War game. I have found that this is not far from the truth, and indeed, without a unit modeller the survival of our mod is no guarantee.
    the latter is the very case....
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

I would love to do that Sonic, but our mods have different focuses, and they are for different games, so until all else fails i plan on sticking with Siam Total War :D

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

then it was just a matter of focus eh? Nusantara TW portay each kingdoms rather equally....

and if it was M2TW things... well...

but I allready knew that you have no other unit modeller aside Cute Wolf, who actually agreed to just "share" models with you, and not "give" the models
    Angkara Murka di Macapada