Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

Revive a Clan, start a Clan here at the Org?

There is some consideration being given to a new project to provide private Hosted Clan Forums here at the Org.

With so many members of old Shogun Clans, and possibility of new Clans being developed for the new Shogun; an easy way to get-it-all-together quickly might be to use a specially designed forum category right here on the Org Shogun 2 Forum.

Would any of you be interested in taking advantage of an Org message board presence for your Clan, existing or new? No need to create a Clan web site, just sign up for a private sub forum here, where your Clan name will have high visibility and easy access by the whole Org community.

Questions, comments, sign ups?

HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Attention Old Clans and New Clans!

I think would be a good idea Tomi-san.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Nice idea!

Some old clans still around and perhaps some mothballed clans will rise again.
    Many clans founded after STW will be active on STW2 also. And there will be new clans of course.

But the release is still 7 months or so from now...most TW players probably say "nice, but too far away to get overly excited already".

For the time being the old shoggies and some era enthusiasts will provide most of the input here I think.

I ended my TW career clanless and I have no intention to join or start a clan*, but I'm looking forward to meet old friends again.

*disclaimer: I can change my mind
    Last edited by Kas; 09-02-2010 at 14:45.
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Stickied. If there is lot of interest for this could be extended for Clans playing any of the total war titles. So we might be able to start hosting Clans playing Empire/NTW and their tournaments. We are putting lot of effort to make you guys as happy as we can, by providing what you might need. So if you are interested, please say so here.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Stickied. If there is lot of interest for this could be extended for Clans playing any of the total war titles. So we might be able to start hosting Clans playing Empire/NTW and their tournaments. We are putting lot of effort to make you guys as happy as we can, by providing what you might need. So if you are interested, please say so here.
    There has be a “pre-game revival” taking place though out the Total War community, with people who we have not heard from in many years ending up on their still active Clan forum front steps.

This is of course the result of the proposed return to the Shogun era.

One Clan I personally know about has doubled its membership since the news came out about Shogun 2.

These “returnees” have purchased Napoleon, and are playing avidly to bring them selves up to speed on the changes in the series, to be that much closer to Shogun 2 when it comes out.

So it is not too far fetched to consider that 6 months from now, that they will be "as", if not "more" ready for action in the new game, than any who have been playing along all the time in-between Shoguns.

This was the inspiration of proposing the above Clan forums here and now. Building Clans takes time and there is time now. There will always be naysayers who will wait until there is proof positive that the game will be worth all of the hype, but by that time they will be 6 months behind the their peers in organization and team development for competition.

There are Napoleon Total War contests open “now”, and planed for the “immediate future”, that will provide a training ground for reviving and start-up Clans.

There are people who make things happen;
    there are people who watch things happen;
    and there are people who wonder what happened.

Which are you?

If the last question was pointed at me. I would say im the kind of fellow who lets actions speak on my behalf. I am not here to decide on anybody´s behalf what is best for the MP community, but to listen and learn from you guys what would be helpfull and if you can tell me what would be best for you. I will work hard to make that a reality. So in the end.If there is a will, there is a way.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

If the last question was pointed at me.
    No Kage, it was an intended challenge for the potential Clan makers, and restorers.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-03-2010 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    There has be a “pre-game revival” taking place though out the Total War community, with people who we have not heard from in many years ending up on their still active Clan forum front steps.

This is of course the result of the proposed return to the Shogun era.

These “returnees” have purchased Napoleon, and are playing avidly to bring them selves up to speed on the changes in the series, to be that much closer to Shogun 2 when it comes out.
    Indeed I even managed a 4v4 with you the other week, preping myself with the new engine is the main reason I'm playing NTW atm.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

No Kage, it was an intended challenge for the potential Clan makers, and restorers.

Sorry.
    Its ok.I just misunderstood where the quote ended, my mistake.No offense taken.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 09-03-2010 at 15:30.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ok, “why” have a Hosted Clan Forum at the Org?

Times have changed!!!

With the advent of Steam restructuring the way we communicate, traditional Clan message boards are now relatively unnecessary.

Steam really eases the ability to talk with individuals (who do not even have to have the game booted btw), and groups, and even though we don’t have an open community forum yet, all of the other immediate communication needs are taken care of in-the-game.

With a Steam Group established you can set up self-reminding meeting dates for your members, make announcements, leave messages, and control who is considered a group member. About the only thing not covered is the ability to have private in depth discussions with other Clan members, and this where the Org private Clan forums come in.

Imagine if you will a Shogun2 forum called “Hosted Clan Forums”, with individual subs identified by the Clan Names that occupy them. Heading the list could be a “Start a Clan” sub, and a “Join a Clan” sub, to take care of the public interfacing, but the actual Clan forums would be only accessible by the authorized permission of a Clan leader(s).

I personally am going to talk to my Clan leadership about taking advantage of this offer of a convenient place to meet, as our message board is basically unused these days. We still need a discussion room somewhere, and we all come to the Org anyway, so it would be very convenient, plus provide us a highly visible presence to attract new members.

Basically a great idea I think (thanks to Kage)!

Who else will be first to give this a try?
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-03-2010 at 20:04.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I'm not familiar with the .Org forum code, so bear with me. Is there a large functional difference between a closed clan sub-forum and a closed clan social group?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I'm not familiar with the .Org forum code, so bear with me. Is there a large functional difference between a closed clan sub-forum and a closed clan social group?
    forums have lot more options and layers to use compared to social groups.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I assume security is better with the fora code. Do access restrictions apply to Moderators (I'm guessing Tosa will be able to see all of course.)?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

The main administrator will ofcourse see everything, below him it is completely up how it is settled and permissions set. I would keep the hosted forums as private as possible. This is a thing that should be addressed when the general rules how the hosted forums would be handled will be made. Input for this is also appreciated.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Will there be a return of the "Clan" member title, or will InsaneApache stay unique?

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Will there be a return of the "Clan" member title, or will InsaneApache stay unique?
    My friend you are asking hard questions. We just have to see if it will be so, not a bad idea certainly, but then modders might need a modder usertitle also and The Org is not known for having many specialized titles for its members.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 09-03-2010 at 21:33.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

My friend you are asking hard questions. We just have to see if it will be so, not a bad idea certainly, but then modders might need a modder usertitle also and The Org is not known for having many specialized titles for its members.

Fair enough. I'm more interested in how the clan forums will affect the .Org as a whole than how they get used by the clans internally. They should increase forum traffic, and, if implemented correctly, should be a wonderful option for the MP crowd and new players. I probably won't be in a clan because, frankly, I'm terrible at RTS-style MP and no clan in their collective right mind would have me.

Maybe we need to start our own Clan of Multiplayerly challenged? Though i doubt we would be hosted here or anywhere else for that matter.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 09-04-2010 at 00:55.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Kage-san,

I would be honored if you would accept Clan Hunter as the first sign-up for the Hosted Clan Forum here at the Org.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/huntercouncil

I probably won't be in a clan because, frankly, I'm terrible at RTS-style MP and no clan in their collective right mind would have me.
    Drone; it would be our pleasure to take you in, and work together with you to "just" have as much fun as possible! That is what our Clan is all about, having fun, win or lose!

Just let me know (pm), and I will get you started

Good Hunting everyone!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-04-2010 at 14:20. Reason: Added Steam link.

OK, I added a bunch of the people on the Hunter Group list to my friends list on Steam. Both Hunters and Aggony members. Most probably do not know me, so feel free to tell them how horrible I am. hehe :)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, “why” have a Hosted Clan Forum at the Org?

Times have changed!!!

With the advent of Steam restructuring the way we communicate, traditional Clan message boards are now relatively unnecessary.

Steam really eases the ability to talk with individuals (who do not even have to have the game booted btw), and groups, and even though we don’t have an open community forum yet, all of the other immediate communication needs are taken care of in-the-game.

With a Steam Group established you can set up self-reminding meeting dates for your members, make announcements, leave messages, and control who is considered a group member. About the only thing not covered is the ability to have private in depth discussions with other Clan members, and this where the Org private Clan forums come in.

Imagine if you will a Shogun2 forum called “Hosted Clan Forums”, with individual subs identified by the Clan Names that occupy them. Heading the list could be a “Start a Clan” sub, and a “Join a Clan” sub, to take care of the public interfacing, but the actual Clan forums would be only accessible by the authorized permission of a Clan leader(s).

I personally am going to talk to my Clan leadership about taking advantage of this offer of a convenient place to meet, as our message board is basically unused these days. We still need a discussion room somewhere, and we all come to the Org anyway, so it would be very convenient, plus provide us a highly visible presence to attract new members.

Basically a great idea I think (thanks to Kage)!

Who else will be first to give this a try?

Tomi,

I think traditional clan boards stll serve a huge purpose. Yes, times have change, but one must understand that for recruiting and privacy issues, they still serve a basic purpose and I don't think solely using Steam/Org is a good idea.

But instead, why not use all 3 of them combined as a mighty tool?

Just my lousy 2 cents.

Are we assuming they continue to use Steam as the medium for game hosting? If so... Arkh! I don't like Steam :)
    Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Can I sign up for Steam and log into it to see how it operates without having bought a Steam-based game? I'm totally unfamiliar with it, other than what I've read.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Quote Originally Posted by Togakure View Post
    Can I sign up for Steam and log into it to see how it operates without having bought a Steam-based game? I'm totally unfamiliar with it, other than what I've read.
    http://store.steampowered.com/

They have an Install Steam in the upper right corner.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

http://store.steampowered.com/

They have an Install Steam in the upper right corner.
    Thanks, Tomisama.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Quote Originally Posted by UglyElmo2 View Post
    OK, I added a bunch of the people on the Hunter Group list to my friends list on Steam. Both Hunters and Aggony members. Most probably do not know me, so feel free to tell them how horrible I am. hehe :)
    Ive told them you were Demon Kanamori from Shogun so I think most may decline :)

Just playing Elmo :)
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00n View Post
    Ive told them you were Demon Kanamori from Shogun so I think most may decline :)

Just playing Elmo :)
    Aaaargh! :) I had so many run ins with the original and all the clones that followed using the same moniker, I had purged that name from my memory . . . until now! Thanks Sp00n !!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by UglyElmo2 View Post
    Aaaargh! :) I had so many run ins with the original and all the clones that followed using the same moniker, I had purged that name from my memory . . . until now! Thanks Sp00n !!! :)
    ahahah really? Didnt know that! you were Demon?

see what u started spoon :p

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Noooooo! Elmo was not Demon! ack! Though Demon was Tinky Winky and a few others as well as Demon Kanamori. He had like 200 usernames, if memory serves me, from those times where he/she/they weren't off their meds. hehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast