Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collected wishlist from several forums

Default Re: Collected wishlist from several forums

MONey talks.
    This space intentionally left blank

Some good Posts I Will add some of your remarks next days ....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Well it would be nice to fix the things that needed to be fixed 10yrs ago...

Please Please a 1 click run toggle... I mean doesn't that bother you guys after all this time?

Also a normal in-game chat... Just hit a hot key type and hit enter and be able to see the typing and not have to tilt your camera just to see it. ( is it really that hard? )

And some more...

Why do we still after all these years have to say rules and rules over again? The creator should be able to set the cap limit on a unit even while in the lobby and there should be a box that shows unit restriction limits and updates everytime something is change. Also it should show on the unit card the limit you can have of that unit. All these years later and we still have to ask rules when we join a game. :(

Need to have the name of the Map when you join a game somewhere as well as an option to load up the map and view it. ( when someone dose this it shows everyone that they are checking the map )

Also get rid of the goofy count down timer that resets when each player loads when starting a game and do it right with showing everyones loading % in a nice looking progress bar. If someone is stuck at a % it will just show it and people can esc...

We should be able to save replays of games that were unfinished from the wonderful quitters and plug pullers and make a hall of shame for them.. :)

hhaha yes that goofy downtimer....

I wonder where all the people are that told me off when I suggested for the wishlist 10yrs ago about having a mp campaign and graphics like NTW has now. I must have gotten into several arguments about those two things in the past with them telling me it's not possible... I wonder what they have to say to me now? It was always possible it was just a matter of time and money.

And some more...

If a gun unit doesn't have LOS it shouldn't fire at the ground. ( yes I know you have hold fire, but that's not my point )

Be able to control more than 20 units at a time and if you do just add an arrow down and up where the unit icons are if needed... pretty simple

I would like to know the fatigue of a unit by showing it either on it's icon or next to the moral above the unit.

I would like to have a face to face with the person/persons who suggested that we able to see the enemies moral.

I would like to have camerafreedom built in as an option and not have to add it in by changing the pref config with every new TW. That way even new comers can have the advantage.

With the game rules even if they had a little text box in game the host could modify so u dont have to say to 13 players that join each time would be great. The title isent enough for game rules and noone really reads the game title anyway.
    I get tired of stating the rules every time a different player joins as the last one left because they couldent get german v2 rockets as prussia.

Why you cant copy paste into ntw is beyond me you cant even ctrl v, so you have to type the blasted rules every 10 seconds untill some players agree to the rules and stay.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-12-2010 at 13:44.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Bumpdated

Magyar, do you want to add some do's and don't's to the map section of the OP. For example, in one of the map threads there was much gnashing of teeth over buildings/towns on the NTW maps because pathing doesn't know how to handle them, so MP maps should NOT have buildings or towns.

Trouble is CA said in an interview there will be temples that radiate mysterious auras or something on the battlefield. Im all for the location giving a bonus just leave the building off the map :p we will pretend its there promise!

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Temple with Mystery Aura? Is this Fantasy:Totalwar? But then... shiny ... shiny...
    Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Blog Entries

i personal dont like those auras or AOEs.

The general is already an increased luckfactor and raise the random factor, to bring more AOEs will increase the combination of luck, increase randomness and make the unit value less interesting. Same goes with moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Trouble is CA said in an interview there will be temples that radiate mysterious auras or something on the battlefield.
    I forgot about that. The feature has some merit in that as spiritual places can have a powerful effect on the mind. This sounds more like a SP feature though than something that makes sense in a MP game.

Trouble is, stuff like that always seems to carry over into MP. There has always been a few tiles at map edges where deployment is not allowed and these areas, or in out of the way places is where I used to place models.
    Anyway, I'd not heard about that aura stuff but straight away it sounds like they are about to ruin things again.

What are they trying to do? Experiment some with fantasy in STW2 to see how it goes and how people like it because the next TW is a FTW? I'm all for a fantasy TW, but lets keep it in FTW only... ( bring on the fireballs and lighting bolts! ) :)

Some more wishlist stuff I'd like to see in STW2...

When you save replays I'd like to seem them sorted by date, save names who vs who so you don't have to type them, tell winner loser side without having to load it and when you click on a replay have another box show up listing all players unit selections in that game.

I would like to see the Cav fixed in STW2... bad idea to have them try and turn to flank units all on their own when you issue an attack. Example where it can get buggy with that - heavier cav that are slower which try this on a unit I've seen get bugged and never attack the unit only run at the units side the whole time and will not engage!

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

The aura is a bad idea no matter what. Even if the building relates to a unit, ie a temple to monks, a building offering a moral or other type of bonus during combat is retarded. Seeing your mate get his head chopped off, being outnumbered, getting flanked or impaling the enemy is going to have the same effect on a soldier regardless of what building you stand next to.

The other thing that irritates me about AOEs is that the magical effect stops at a certain distance. So the guy standing 40 feet away is affected, but the guy 42 feet away is not. Dumb. They would also likely establish "ownership" of a landmark AOE, instead of allowing units on both sides to benefit (which would be pointless). The problem with changing ownership, however, is dumb from a historical RTS standpoint: the enemy has the moral bonus during the fight, but I take it from him and now I get the bonus and he does not? Sounds like Dawn of War to me
    (
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

i will add it , as i agree... it would be plain stupid.... will add a new header with the title DONTS

Another addition to replays would be to have them auto save on their own after a match to about up to 3 before they start rewriting over that way we won't have to worry about forgetting to save a replay sometimes.

hate when somone quits a game when losing USSR clan are a nightmare for it, then you cannot save the replay since the player quit.

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    hate when somone quits a game when losing USSR clan are a nightmare for it, then you cannot save the replay since the player quit.
    That's why the game should be able to save replays if someone drops or the game crashes... it is possible, but I wonder how hard it is to implement.

At the .com they are doing if you had one wish what would it be? As a MP player I would have to look at the thing that hurts the most which is the time consuming double checking everything to make sure units are doing what they are suppose to be doing such as - units running, units drawin out how you drew them when you dragged a line, units coming out of box formation properly, units on fire at will, units in melee mode, and units not taking a long way around into enemy fire.

The top of the list would be units running since that is what you want your units to do the most in the heat of battle to get to their location fast and into formation quickly. When you draw a line you have to wait for the command to go thru before you can hit R and if you hit R to fast your unit will walk. If you just want to give a move order you can double click to run, but you have to do it right for the unit to run or else it'll be walking at a time when you need it running. A very simple solution would be to have something like a universal toggle button that you can click on and off for running, so no double checking for anything... when you draw a line your units will be running and when you give a move order with one click your units will run... and when you have it toggled off you can use the double click and R as needed for run. I feel handicapped when I'm double checking all the time and having to wait to hit the R key on some units when I need to be quickly going back and forth controlling units.

The others are annoying, but not as bad to deal with like the running, but they all do add up...

units don't always draw out like you want them to - when you press the space bar they could be in some other formation and even in a long line into enemy fire and let's not forget about having to try multiple times in tight locations to get a formation you want

units don't always come out of box formation the right way and sometimes end up being long ways into enemy fire and it can get bugged when using boxing formation saying the unit is in box when it is not or that it isn't in box when it is and using a hot key I tried for it doesn't help

units on fire at will and units with melee on - what happened to just holding alt when you quickly wanted to go into melee with a unit that is ranged? now you have to check and click and also wait which is a step backwards I would think

units going the long way around buildings - hmmm just go through them would be nice :)
    Last edited by AMP; 09-23-2010 at 16:23.

Hmmm it's pretty dead around here right now I wonder why...

To keep things coming in... STW2 one of the interviews said about making the units more distinguishable just like the original STW... it was pretty easy to tell which units were what when zoomed out. In NTW alot of units look alike when zoomed out and zoomed in and you have to mouse over all of them to know what you're facing infront of you and that's if you know the units. You now have DLC units which an opponent can have against you which is fine I don't care, but you also need to find out the stats to them.

It would be nice in STW2 if you could view stats of an enemy unit during a match by right clicking on it just like you can of your own units by clicking on a unit card. If not at least have it where you can view DLC units and stats of which you don't have in a faction when selecting your units, if they plan on moving to this trend of DLC and no more packaging it all in expansions.

I hope in STW2 units are easier to tell apart just like the old days.

Steam can be VERY ANNOYING

You lose connection to steam you get booted out of your game and having NTW only a few weeks it has happened a dozen times already.

Someday they'll have their own reliable servers (I hope), but unfortunately we're gonna be stuck with steam for a very long time and so the random disconnects continue... :(

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post

You lose connection to steam you get booted out of your game and having NTW only a few weeks it has happened a dozen times already.

Someday they'll have their own reliable servers (I hope), but unfortunately we're gonna be stuck with steam for a very long time and so the random disconnects continue... :(
    Yep I get it too, crap connectivity at times.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMP

This I think is the biggest problem for MP'ers
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Well I don't know how it works, but why do you need both steam and the host inorder for the game not to crash? In other games I've played when the host left the game it would just select a new host out of players still in the game. Dose steam need to be running to check something in NTW all the time while playing? I have no idea.

The game is bad enough with the other drops... host leaves game sometimes crashes, player leaves game sometimes crashes, sometimes the game will boot everyone out back to the game lobby, someone crashes or fails to load and you sit through the silly count down timer without knowing, and just yesterday I got booted and it said VAC authentication error when my copy is from steam and I didn't change a thing...

It also trims down when you really don't have a standard playing online with all the silly games up with the broken maps, different unit sizes, having 3 battles land, siege, and naval. This is fine, but when you add it with the connection problems and broken ways people can play it really hurts the MP experience.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post

Almost every game On NTW MP I did is like this for me, but on ETW I rarely had this happen to me. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKingWarmanCake88 View Post
    Almost every game On NTW MP I did is like this for me, but on ETW I rarely had this happen to me. Unbelievable.
    I know right! It's Unacceptable! They make money, so they should get their act together!

This List should be updated, but it seemed like magy lost his excitment about STW2.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

I like to see a limit to stretching units to the rediculous 3 miles wide single line shape.

Furthermore...Steam is a drama right now (on NTW anyway)
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

How do other rts titles compare when hosting games and playing are there many drops?

Buddha

I remember somebody the name of Red Devil in STW that claimed to have started to single line and did it with all ND units. When I met him in WiC and he played in my clan he didn't know my name from STW. When I told him I played STW back in the day, he claimed to be unbeatable and the best at it when he played and this was all over ventrilo voice chat! The sad part is he didn't remember the match I won against him... :)

They discontinued units being able to fire two rank deep to allow the opposing side a chance to charge into melee I guess. In STW you could fire two rank deep and cause high casualties on units at close range, but it was all good.

The thing that bothers me the most is the soldiers 1on1 fights when engaged with the enemy. I guess they did it so cavalry had a chance in melee cause they want to keep cavalry units at a smaller unit size? I'm sure they could've just changed the game to allow some soldiers to be able to defend against multiple enemies to compansate for their smaller unit sizes when they are suppose to be tough in melee. I would hate to see thousands of soldiers in melee in STW2 all going at it 1v1...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast