Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collected wishlist from several forums

Default Re: Collected wishlist from several forums

Quote Originally Posted by AMP
    it seemed like magy lost his excitment about STW2.
    Can't blame him.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orda Khan View Post
    Can't blame him.
    Ja sir, but it is still early yet to talk about the game and what we all are going to do for the love of God.

I think magy is busy with other things at the moment.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Best to talk about it now before it gets released because when it is done most of everything we brought up can't be added in an expansion only in the next TW.

I'm happy just because of the fact that they are doing STW2 where STW is one of my 3 all time favorites in RTS games that I've played. It was on a smaller scale of everything which made the game at it's time a work of art for me because of balance/gameplay.... not perfect of course, but good enough to keep me into the game for 3 years!

My 1st game online was populous the beginning back in 1998 and I played that for 3 years over starcraft which at that time was worshipped by all the RTS gamers. It was very unique from other RTS games, but over the 3 yr span I've played it online we only got an expansion that added just a few MP maps and that was it! The developers couldn't figure out why the game wasn't doing that well online when it was run by java script to launch games and they didn't add no new units or spells over all the years!!!

At least I got a large amount of ideas out that should be added/addressed in MP for STW2 and hopefully one or two of them are in STW2 when it's released.

From knowing you i know that the 3 rts games are shogun world in conflict and populous, what were the other games like in terms of hosting and dropping/crashes? were they as bad as ntw seems to be?

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by AMP
    Best to talk about it now before it gets released because when it is done most of everything we brought up can't be added in an expansion only in the next TW.
    Too right.

I only ever played TW but my brother was always raving about populous.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    From knowing you i know that the 3 rts games are shogun world in conflict and populous, what were the other games like in terms of hosting and dropping/crashes? were they as bad as ntw seems to be?
    NTW isn't that bad... it's steam when it goes hiccup crazy and getting booted out of a good game that you're in the middle of is crazy annoying.

The drops that we're getting might be from the DLCs. When I didn't have them the whole 3 weeks I never got a drop were your mouse pointer turns to a clock really fast and just boots you to the host game room without a msg. I could be wrong, but I only started experiencing that kind of drop after I downloaded the DLCs, so they could be related in some way. Before I would see a msg first with the persons name before going back to the game room and those drops didn't happen as much.

As far as other games... most were pretty good MP wise. I played to many to remember them all, but here's a few good ones... Homeworld, Total Annihilation, WarCraft3 and Dungeon Keeper2. I was hooked on STW at the time, so I didn't play them online very much, but when I did it wasn't drop crazy. The games that were bad MP with drops and crashes were ones with little money or the Devs just didn't care after they got their money and of course I didn't play them long, because I need a stable MP to keep me playing the game, so they never got my money with the expansions and when they added to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Orda Khan View Post
    Too right.

I only ever played TW but my brother was always raving about populous.
    Populous was awesome for sure and I would still be going back and playing from time to time if they had only added and improved it. A few maps and SP missions with an expansion? Where is the real good stuff like new units and spells? What a joke...

I like Peter Molyneux Dungeon Keeper1 & 2 and Theme Park ( not really my thing, but it was good ) old school games. When he moved on to the Black and White game where you play with a big teddy bear that was the end of my liking for him.

It seems like some people when they have a Real Gem they don't know what to really do with it. And these people are 10x smarter where is their imagination?

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

On NTW when units rout...it's mostly beyond repair.

I like to see a more sensible routing/rallying system and merge depleted units during the battle.

When all is lost...a chain rout makes sense and it's perfectly fine troops run for home, but it's silly to see units run off while the rest of the army does fine. In that case routing units should rally more easily (even without the general asking for it).

And I like the idea of merging battered units to new (lower level?) units.

Oh...and give me a bit more time to deploy my troops
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

When units rout it's not only mostly beyond repair it's a lot of the times the redzone depending which direction the unit runs which I never liked. It would be nice to have both bigger maps and a more sensible rally system. I've seen people at other sites say no to bigger maps cause they complain their pc will fry when it's like if your pc can't handle the bigger maps don't play on them? On some maps I feel so boxed in with hardly any room to breathe. And on top of that people ask for a bigger standard unit size when at the same time they complain about needing a super computer to run the game (it's good to see tournaments being played at a sensible unit size).

I always wanted to be able to merge battered units when they got low enough ever since STW, but I always thought it went against the rule of having fixed units during a battle which they didn't want to mess with. In NTW you need at least a certain about of soldiers in the unit so it can square and when you have two units just below that limit you only wish you could merge them together to get that square option. I would rather see units being able to square no matter the unit size just a lesser bonus when it's at a smaller size to a zero bonus when you have almost nothing left in the unit. Gotta love those people who worship ranked games as if you win money or prizes for it and try to get away with cheap wins, by playing small unit size and picking an all cavalry army because the enemy line won't be able to square. I hope STW2 keeps it old school where you don't need a silly formation like that vs cavalry and just need to make sure your spears are turned in the right direction. :)

Steam is gonna be one of the top buggers for multiplayer anyway... I gave it a rest for awhile from annoying controls that haven't changed in ages along with all the drops/quitters and everytime I try to log on to steam it's either down or goes down at some point while I'm logged on. When steam goes down you go down... kicked out of your game and to have it happen during a serious match or tournament match would really get on my nerves. I wish they would have their own dedicated servers STW2, but fat chance on that, so I hope Steam doesn't play games everytime I turn around when I'm on to play.

I think I'd like to see a return of the stat penalty to units crowded together. It's absence I think might be partially why RTW and M2TW did not play well.

i have no proof for this i would like to see such penalty too the more we talk about it the more we see how the core engine of mtw vi was very good
    Last edited by Magyar Khan; 11-06-2010 at 20:03.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Hmm sounds way too soon to me, personally.

Ye its too soon for another full release but tbh napoleon totalwar hasent got enough life in it to last longer, especially in mp the map selection drives me nuts.

Buddha

Guys this is something out of your discussion I want to ask, how can I add my saved game so eneryone can download it in a Thread and tell me your opinions??

Ye its too soon for another full release but tbh napoleon totalwar hasent got enough life in it to last longer, especially in mp the map selection drives me nuts.
    You made a good point, unfortunately.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bull. You ain't tired 'till you played on each map at least 10 times, including the sieges.

The only thing thats bull is the siege games, if i dident try a map 10 times its because it dident warrant playing it 10 times. ive played 446 games of ntw online ad believe me im tired of all the mp battle maps. I was actually tired of them a few hundred games ago.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 11-16-2010 at 19:44.

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    NTW isn't that bad... it's steam when it goes hiccup crazy and getting booted out of a good game that you're in the middle of is crazy annoying.

The drops that we're getting might be from the DLCs. When I didn't have them the whole 3 weeks I never got a drop were your mouse pointer turns to a clock really fast and just boots you to the host game room without a msg. I could be wrong, but I only started experiencing that kind of drop after I downloaded the DLCs, so they could be related in some way. Before I would see a msg first with the persons name before going back to the game room and those drops didn't happen as much.

As far as other games... most were pretty good MP wise. I played to many to remember them all, but here's a few good ones... Homeworld, Total Annihilation, WarCraft3 and Dungeon Keeper2. I was hooked on STW at the time, so I didn't play them online very much, but when I did it wasn't drop crazy. The games that were bad MP with drops and crashes were ones with little money or the Devs just didn't care after they got their money and of course I didn't play them long, because I need a stable MP to keep me playing the game, so they never got my money with the expansions and when they added to the series.
    I pwned plenty of people on Homeworld for a year on MP few issues at all, was really good online. :P
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Quote Originally Posted by Tempiic View Post
    I think I'd like to see a return of the stat penalty to units crowded together. It's absence I think might be partially why RTW and M2TW did not play well.
    This has me worried after playing the demo - blobing units just eating away even though they are sandwitched. In old TW they took a stat penatly melee and morale bunching up in balls.

yes Plz give us a stat penalty to units that bunch up and turn into pacman :(
    UglyJun
    never born never died 黒い山

Blog Entries

Well, the playerbase (which isnt huge) changed completly. Today people consider you as good player, if you can charge with some cavs the enemy missles.
    Today we face people who come from NTW or ETW and some are from Rome. Many of us didnt like Rome and stopped, while there are many today, who love Rome.

The current TW game is more or less some cavmovement and than it takes this route mostly:

1. outshot - with the hardcore, high skillintensive cavcharges
    2. frontal attack, with some amazing general-movement

The penalties are a nightmare, they are almost no existent. Flanking and rearing seems not to have any real effect, so the armies are clustered and you better hold the lines (thanks to NTW) than trying to flank or outmaneuver anything.

The Demo is good enough to see the problems, steroid units circled completely or at least almost fully, fight and fight and fight....keeps fighting....still fighting....won!
    We need a much better penalty system, where flanking means something, where units rout quick, if outplayed badly.

S2 is a NTW-clone, the only skirmish in NTW was done by cavs, unless you played otto. Its (well, its napoleon time with many guns, so its fine if you like this time-area).
    I doubt we will see much of a difference between this two games. S2 has less missle-activity and a bit higher h2h activity.

A real problem are those rubber-band/bubble-gum units, which once in fight are hard to figure out, where on earth they are actual.
    You can easy test that in the demo, once units are in fight, they spread all over the place, you will find it pretty hard to figure out, where they really are and which direction they fight. If armies did clash you know of course, which direction most units will look too, but you hardly will see it, you also wont see, if they turned direction.

Since units are mixed into each other, try to get a charge in there with a flank or rearmaneuver.
    The chance, that your unit get stuck into another unit and lose its charge is high.

Everyone playing NTW will know and see the same problem, like you can see in the demo and tomorrow you will see it live!
    The general and the abilities, same as certain skills are much more important than any movement or smart maneuver.

GL everyone with the game, may you find what you expect.

Well maybe just for kicks and high hopes it would be a good idea to refresh the wishlist after shogun 2 comes out and keep updating it as time goes on to throw fully filled list of wishes at the next TW.

You might be right about how STW2 plays out, but lets wait and see what playing styles form over time.

Yes sadly units are still banded together like bubble gum and you gotta love those cavalry dances, but part of the problem is no one knows what you mean or just don't see it when you try to explain it to them. I'm happy I'm not the only one that sees it thanks kocmoc. :)

And sadly it seems penalties for flanking and rear attacks aren't as strong and I think part of the problem is due to so many 1v1s that go on within combat, where soldiers become unkillable when doing long finishing moves.

TW mpers in an SP dominated TW world can easily appear like crazed prophets. Not a good feeling going upstream, indeed.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

my new wish!

- we need somehow a solution to get into the same Chatroom, even if we come from different countries.

IF i think about a tourney, the current chat wont help at all, we need a way to get us in one room or at least see same rooms.

Actual I sit in a german chat with all my friends playing on other "chatrooms", sigh! GHA GHA GHA twice-good-GHA!

Its GAH Kocmoc, GAH ;)

(or is GHA, GAH in german? ;)
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Its GAH Kocmoc, GAH ;)

(or is GHA, GAH in german? ;)

I just want Shogun 2...

S1 was the only TW game I played online, and I'm getting slightly frustrated with the elements which Kocmoc outlined. S1 was a fine art of morale balancing, S2 seems a lot more random to me.

hope things will make more sense soon
    O4B / Masked

game feels ok enough for me to get addicted...... the combat engine is weaker than in stw1 and the matchmaker system a joke..... but its addicted..... it is a little gem but its not shining yet..... too many bugs flying around :o(
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast