Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Collected wishlist from several forums

Blog Entries

Default Re: Collected wishlist from several forums

Especially in high fund games, you start to face camper with 4 mangonels in their back, its possible to win, but its not easy.

What we now see is the problem we pointeded out a few times already, since units hold so extremely long, people can move and play very bad, still, you cant really outplay something.
    You flank good, you rear, you time it well.... but the unit stand there, alone, completely circled and dont rout till the last men is dead!
    This happens with any moral 10 unit (or above of course) which isnt tired.

Actual we will see this coming more and more, people with lack of skills, move terrible, still do insane damage on your army, because the game support this crap.

Mistakes are not punished enough! thats for sure. flanking and rearing means almost nothing, the only thing a flank is good for is, to get the charge in and kill many, but the moral penalty isnt there at all.

So far I faced a few guys camping with a mangonel in the middle of their box or hidden way off in the corner, but they were all terrible players, even a couple allowed me to swing cavalry unit clear as day around their back and charge through a gap taking it out. It is annoying, but from a distance I can see the shots coming and if it's after your cavalry or general you can just dodge them, sadly you can't with infy though, just don't stay to packed.

It's 100% true mistakes aren't punished enough. Rear charging a unit with base morale of 10 + rally going on it and it won't break or suffer enough loses, even when you set it up so your cavalry unit gets a good running start smack dead on into the back of the unit. It's very annoying to see a Nag Infy sandwiched fighting forever and almost until death or even warrior monks with base morale of 15, nothing like seeing a blob of them sandwiched just eat away through anything. Blobs I can handle though just by tying them up and shooting them to hell with missile units, but the thing is if you sandwich them with melee with equal or close to equal combat points you should get the same effect of pounding them to hell with missiles, but you don't and the blob will come out equal on kills with the units that sandwiched them just about.

So far I played about 100 or more 1v1s MM and lost about 5 and 4 out of the 5 was me just getting out tanked (mostly all melee no missile units), where it didn't matter how hard I worked with flanking and rear attacks and matchups, units wouldn't break therefore getting beat down by more tank numbers with morale base of 10. My last lost I had was just me not pay attention to fund amount (now getting more 14k), where I started with a 10k army in a 14k match - I deserve to lose not paying attention (wish i had a 14k army he was good, a runner making me chase him, but he was still decent). I also had to concede a defeat vs cancritter after him making me chase him to the corner and right when I see a cav of his going for my general CAMERA SYNC OUT (can't click on anything and my screen goes blurry)... sigh what timing, might be my graphics card, but I reported it twice in the beta and here in the release it's still there... zzz

I'm not having to much trouble with tank armies - partly due to the fact most suck and if people were half-way decent I'd lose alot more because of mistakes not being payed for like they should be. The other reason is just me being a gun monkey right now, which is like the other other big thing to help take morale down aside from killing the general.
    Last edited by AMP; 03-22-2011 at 06:05.

Blog Entries

Amp, we did figure this out weeks ago already, in games with 14 the best is to buy heavy melee and some yari cavs. Melee with 9 armor and than move it. There are retainer for extra armor wich will pay of, if you rush some missles. Thats the way the game will head for, simply as the bad playing people can much easyer controll a straight rush, than a smart playing.

Yes, guns is the way to go, but still, the game is too limited right now. If you cant outmove the enemy and units fight till end of days, we can just take off moral and skip that feature, which seems not to matter anymore!

Yes I know Kocmoc and in my post I was agreeing with you, that you don't pay dearly for mistakes and we knew this before the game was even released, why are you so surprised?

Armor is suppose to increase missile defense AND melee defense, but question is... how dose it help with melee defense and how much of an increase? They won't give us the answer to that question. I know alot of people don't care to know stats and only care about *feeling*, but I like to go by both thank you very much - none of this hidden info crap.

I tried to point out a couple times, that people aren't getting, which seems to be effecting flanking/rear attacks as well, is all the 1v1 duals that go on, where the soldiers can't be touch by any other enemy soldiers at the time it's going on.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Sorry no time to read all.

Heigth advantage for range units a reality in S2?
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Sorry no time to read all.

Heigth advantage for range units a reality in S2?
    Higher ground doesnt give you wider range for your missles. It was in other TW version, today its not.
    Hills have very little till no effect. Woods have good effect, especially vs incoming arrows.

Terrain means very little. Terrain mostly cause problems with setting up, since many maps are very clustered, with all those little towns, blocking hills in it.
    There are also problems with guns, they are calculated for each single men, so you can have 1 men shooting and the other cant shoot because LOS.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

There are also problems with guns, they are calculated for each single men, so you can have 1 men shooting and the other cant shoot because Line Of Sight
    ... which seams realistic to me and how it should be.

But that high ground does not give a range advantage to arrows is a pitty.
    They probably took it out to discourage campers, but along with it took away an important taktical element. :(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    ... which seams realistic to me and how it should be.

But that high ground does not give a range advantage to arrows is a pitty.
    They probably took it out to discourage campers, but along with it took away an important taktical element. :(
    Well, it is a huge tactical momentum, yes. To take it out is not the best idea. About LOS and single mens firing. Well, its realistic, i like it, but there should be a way to see this easyer.
    You really have to zoom completely in, else you wont see this. During a battle you hardly will have the time to do this.

There is a bonus in melee when fighting downhill... just run any 1vs1 test with vanilla melee units of the same kind, you'll see the difference, just not a huge one.

Hills don't help with extra distance for arrows, but they are nice to help position your troops right in some spots so you can get your guns to fire over your troops and not through them (friendly fire).

Woods can be nice for cover from missile units. Also ninjas are great for woods... they'll take out a yari cav no problem in them and on open terrain they'll lose ofc (cav lose speed and suffer in melee combat in woods ofc).

I can see the gun flashes from which ones are firing and which ones aren't plus the smoke rising from the guns that are only firing (zoomed out). The thing is you'll see some gun shots going straight through your troops and hitting enemy troops (yes i zoomed in a replay to check this out). :/

Blog Entries

I said, the bonus is almost not there, im sure, the random factor is a lot higher. Same as some new cavtests, you can beat the randomness till a certain degreee, still, its hard to say, if its a bonus ore if its random. I couldnt see any real effect of fighting downhill. I dont see much advance on sitting on a hill, apart from the speed.

Woods are good, i go so far and say, woods a good designed, the difference makes sense and is big enough to give you a tactical momentum.
    Hills are like the rearing/flanking, its maybe there, but it doest make any difference.

Aaron, did you test walking cav or the stackable moral penalties? I still have a hard time to understand some things, it seems, sometimes penalties/advances are shown, sometimes not. Bad omen seems to stack, at least sometimes, or my legendary retainer doesnt work sometimes....

Well I don't have 2pcs to do tests like I could in the past... really wish I had a 2nd one for stw2, so much testing could be done. Maybe you'd like to buy me one? :)

Well as far as hill bonus go I've seen in 1v1s unit of same kind the attacker downhill winning all the time, but that was before the game was released. Can't really tell while in a normal game with all the action going on... need to run tests for that.

Walking Cav? you mean when cavalry is sitting still and getting charged yet still winning? no I haven't run a test with that in the released version... I do wonder if that's fixed

As for the stackable morale penalties units with different kinds such as whistling arrows, scare, and warcry I'm sure they stack (except two of the same kind) and I don't think retainers that give the same -bonus would stack either or else that'd be really OP. In 2v2s and up the negative retainers just go to one enemy, so everyone says anyway.

Hoowwll......Well i wish they would fix the bugs.Been reading forums and seems no point even playin atm..:(

Btw, Hi Kocmoc , AMP, Magy etc... Once ive get the game installled and running.Feel free to test with me Amp or whoever else wishes....ive restricted game time atm , hopefully after issues r sorted out i will have more time....

1. Remove the possibility of having general that costs 0 koku or better; make the general cost same for everyone. (The general upgrades are not in level with the money they cost. The matching system should take care of the difference of general benefits.)
    2. Make ashigaru unit upgrades to cost less than samurai upgrades and samurai upgrades less than monk upgrades. (The benefit is bigger; cost should follow. This is balancing part II thing.)
    3. Make artillery unavailable for standard games or raise the cost to 4x what it is now. (Not only is fixed artillery vs moving enemy an unrealistic; it is also exploited a lot and shapes the game to really boring one.)
    4. The matching system needs fixing. (I'm rank 6... I been autolosing fights against rank 9-10 since I was rank 1. The rank 1 players been autolosing to me since rank 4.... It's not fair; its not fun; its not competitive; it doesnt work.)
    5. Make personal banning system that prevents banned player to play with or against you. (I have about 100 russians in my timezone that spend their time figuring how to exploit. I could really live whitout 100 of them.)

Those are the ones I would put up as main issues after two weeks of play. I had some good games but... over 50% is someshort of exploiting. I have lost quite a few games due making tactical error, I have won few when opponent made one... Thats how it should be. Not like 75% of the loses; opponent has better army and steam rolls; unlocked all the units like hero units, camping strategy with arty or smt similar. Game should be won means other than having unfair advantage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234