Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Catilinian Conspiracy [Concluded]

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Default The Catilinian Conspiracy [Concluded]

The Catilinian Conspiracy

The night is October 20th in the year of the consulship of Marcus Tullius Cicero and Gaius Antonius Hybrida darkness has fallen over the grand city of Rome. Armed Gangs stride around the streets attacking all those who do not support their political objectives. Men are killed for the property that they process and young men with the arrogance of youth attempt to change the system that has ruled Rome for centuries. Some do it because they are bored and wish to lead lives different from their fathers others are heavily in debt and believe a purge of the system would allow them to become wealthy men finally there was Catilina a man of contradiction. At Cicero's house where he is protected by those who think that Catilina is plotting to attack Cicero is woken by the banging on his door. A slave of his walks to the door "Whose there?" he asks. The reply was faint but audible Marcus Crassus. Indeed it is Marcus Crassus the wealthiest man in all of Rome and one of its most powerful citizens even if he holds no official office. Following him are the former Praetor Quintus Arrius as well as Marcellus and Nasica both young men who had recently joined the senate and had being widely thought to be supporters of Catilina. They begin to speak “Trouble is brewing in the province of Etruria.” Cicero interrupts “I have heard the same rumours however I strongly doubt that four men of your standing would come to tell me rumours. What facts do you have in your possession?” Arrius looks around uncomfortably shifting in his seat he was a soldier’s man clearly out of his depth in this political environment. He always added h’s to his vowels because he clearly thought that was the way you sound educated.
    “I was in Hetruria up till yesterday. There are a bunch of fighters gathering across the region. I hunderstand that they are planning to hadvance on Rome.”
    “How do you know that?”
    “I served with several of the ringleaders in the legions. They tried to persuade me to join them, and I let them think that I might- purely to gather hintelligence, you hunderstand,” he added quickly
    “How many of these fighters are there?”
    “I would say five thousand maybe ten
    “As many as that.”
    “If there were not that many now, there will be soon enough.”
    “Are they armed?”
    “Some. Not all. They have a plan though.”
    “And what is that?”
    “To surprise the garrison at Praeneste, seize the town, fortify it and use it as a base to rally their forces.”
    Crassus leans in after listening to the conversation this entire time “Praeneste is almost impregnable and it is only one days march from Rome.”
    Cicero leans back in his chair with a wry smile on his face “My, my how well informed you all are”
    A flash of anger runs across Crassus’s face. “ We have had our disagreements in the past Consul,” He said coldly “but I’m a loyal citizen, first and last. I don’t want to see a civil war. That is why we are here. Last night we all received letters addressed to us that told us what was about to occur I think you will find them interesting reading.”
    Cicero glances down at the letter and reads it

The time for talking is over. The moment has arrived. Catilina has drawn up his plans. He wishes to warn you there will be bloodshed in Rome. Spare yourself and leave the city secretly once it is safe to return you will be contacted.

Cicero eyes widen “Catilina pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo ”

The Next Day

Cicero strides into the Senate and sees Catilina sitting in his normal place in the senate surrounded by his supporters. He strides to his place at the Rostra in the middle of the senate floor. As is customary his is the first to speak.

What are you doing, Catilina ? What are you thinking ? We feel the great
    vice and plots of you. O what time! O what manner! The senate understands these,
    the consul sees. This man is still living. Living ? He also comes to the senate; he also
    dares to do judgment; the eyes are designating our death! And we, good men,
    are doing nothing ! The senate and the consul ought to lead you to your death,
    Catalina. We have a plan and we ought to do; if we do not do now, we, we, openly
    to say, err! Go away now, Catilina, and lead your friends with you.
    You cannot remain with us; I shall not tolerate you, and your people,
    and your plan.

Catilina stands up at this and begins to clap slowly. “Well done Cicero you chickpea farmer you renter of Rome. My first ancestor was Sergestus, companion of Aeneas, the founder of our city and you dare to ask me to leave. You whose family the grandson of a farmer dare to lecture me on what is noble. I spit at you and your new man ways. If the good people of Rome wish for me to leave so be it. But know this Cicero they all despise you. Look at them they are only using you to protect themselves attempt to destroy me if you wish. Once that is done these good men will want nothing more to do with you by destroying me all you are doing is destroying yourself. Good day men of Rome.” With this Catilina strides out of the Senate hall.
    Cicero stands up once more. “Men of Rome we live in difficult times I have being made aware that there are others standing here in this august body that are followers of Catilina they wish to harm the republic. However I myself whilst having suspicions do not know anything for a fact. Thus I turn the preceding’s over to you good men of Rome. I am no dictator like Sulla instead I am a simple man. Thus we shall all decide together who is to be proscribed on this day and who is to be executed. Let us vote and we shall all go down in the great books of history as the men that saved Rome.” A great applause rings throughout the Senate as the Senators prepare to vote on the fate of the republic.

17/17
    Johnhughthom
    Beskar
    Romanic
    Double A
    Joooray
    Csargo
    Saskai
    ByzantineKnight
    ATPG
    TheFlax
    DiamondEye
    WInstonHughes
    GodEmperor
    Autolycus
    White Eyes
    YLC
    Secura

Rules
    Standard Rules apply
    No screenshoting
    24 hour phases
    Out of thread communication is acceptable all QuickTopics are to be reported to host so that I may take orders from them
    Both Cicero and Catiline will be known figures both are unkillable until the men protecting them are killed.

Voting

There are two ways that you can vote at anytime

The first is

Vote Exilium This exiles the person chosen by the senate they may no longer be helped by any roman citizen. They can be given no shelter nor no food. At any time this may be reversed with Vote Recall

The Second is

Vote Tullianum. This takes the person voted and throws them into the Mamertine Prison where they are to be killed.
    Last edited by Captain Blackadder; 10-12-2010 at 11:16.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: The Catilinian Conspiracy

Why, yes please my good sir.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks interesting. I will join if you let me.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Beskar and JHT playing in the same game, that should be interesting.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi'm hin.

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

I'd be interested to play as well.

If you are planning on starting this anytime soon, you might want to move it (or make it move) to the main Gameroom forum, because I think few people even take notice of this over here. And it's not like there is a lot of competition for this game at the moment.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I think there's a few in front of Capt B in the queue Joooray, I agree though that once it moves to the Gameroom interest should pick up. Looking forward to this one.

Well ATPG and DIY are both ahead of me in the line so there is a little while to go untill this game will start.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I will join to support this game.

I think it is a shame you didn't get enough people for the Time Travelers game, so I'm reporting for duty friend.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Well ATPG and DIY are both ahead of me in the line so there is a little while to go untill this game will start.
    Sorry, didn't look at the queue. Though I was wondering who will fill the spot left by the cancellation of Yasei's game. After all there is no game running at the moment.

GH is next in line, but I'm not sure he is ready to go yet, neither do I know it about DIY and Atpg. I just feel like, the longer there is no big game, or even small game for that matter, people will loose interest in the Gameroom and we might loose even more player or at least have a difficult time to get them all back.

But that's not for me to decide, because the GMs will have to do the work and I can't make them start earlier, nor do I want to. But it's just something to consider.

© Crazed Rabbit

There is the large Inavi game running at the moment, and a paused small game and a running small game (Parasite). Death is Yonder is in front of me, and I am ready to go for the small game.

GH's game I'm sure will open soon enough. And if you're feeling a lack of games, try the Mafia section at TWC, there are 3 games in sign ups and badly needing replacement players in the Zelda game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    There is the large Inavi game running at the moment, and a paused small game and a running small game (Parasite). Death is Yonder is in front of me, and I am ready to go for the small game.

GH's game I'm sure will open soon enough. And if you're feeling a lack of games, try the Mafia section at TWC, there are 3 games in sign ups and badly needing replacement players in the Zelda game.
    True, I totally forgot about Inavi, since I was killed in the first night phase and was not allowed to post thereafter, I haven't been following that game. And you are correct about Parasite of course as well. Sorry.

I have joined a game over at TWC, but they don't seem to be able to fill there games any better than over here.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to GH's game a lot and didn't want to sound to complainy, it just felt like the Gameroom has fallen kinda dormant at the moment.

Also I will stop spamming this thread now. Sorry.

Edit: Also, I just realized this is a small game, I don't know why I thought it was a big game. Man, I'm a bit confused.
    Last edited by Joooray; 09-18-2010 at 16:44.

© Crazed Rabbit

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'll play
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

I did not think this game was waiting for another before it could start. How is it possible? There's only one small game running, and it's Beskar's Parasite, which is on hold. If there's games before this one, where are they? I want to signup.

In.

The other games should start their thread or get jumped.

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    In.

The other games should start their thread or get jumped.
    Technically speaking, I applied for the 3rd slot in October (roughly 16th Oct onward I guess), as from this period till then, I am busy with exams etc. I will be totally unable to host a game until then.

It appears I have not noticed the revamped small game queue which has switched out from a month by month basis to a priority/queue.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

well if signups are still open...

In!!
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Only 8 more people required

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.

Oh, and I think Carthage should be destroyed.
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

My net access may continue, so keep me in this one until further notice.

I'm dropping from basically everything else. Still need to get life sorted.

Support the gameroom, join this game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Support the gameroom, join this game.
    No sooner said than done. I'm in.

The great Shai-Hulud Member God Emperor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IN =)
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

I have got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

INTP

I can't miss games with Atpg In them.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I am up for this IN

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Just a couple more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Writing the Role PM's now halfway there only two more places avalible.

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

In!

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I'll fill the last spot, then.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Let the Games begin this round will be a little longer as sending out the Pms took longer than expected.

For everyones information

Cicero is Csargo

Catiline is Saskai

Enjoy

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast