Thread: without being negative but... a man a man a word a word

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default without being negative but... a man a man a word a word

A man a man a word a word is a dutch saying for something like keeping your word.... well as in the title without being negative we could collect all the promises and hypes we find in the previews and interviews... and when collected and ordered we can check in a better way which promises are held and which aint.....

i noticed a lot of referring to the past about features and such.... also over time we got new features (MP campaign, 3D graphics ;o)) but slowly lost a few too (foyer, mapeditor)

lets debate the pros and cons a bit and if usefull we could start a sticky thread with collected findings....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Blog Entries

Default Re: without being negative but... a man a man a word a word

In the first place it would be nice to get some guy like Jack from CA involved here.

Today i saw an interview with some CA stuff, there were some negative question in it. I personal think, that the time changed a lot, the community judge very fast and if something is bad, they call it bad.
    To keep player happy is a hard thing, i see many people who are active online, who are extremely disappointed by the changes to the codes. Which means, that modding will be a lot harder, maybe impossible.

10 years now, and i saw the same situation many times: We was excited and than the "new" TW game was out, it took 1-2 Weeks to realize, that we didnt got what was promised.
    The loss of replay, battlestatistics, ladder, mapeditor.... are hard to understand, still, if the gameplay is awesome we can forgive about that.

I personal wish to see, that CA doesnt only use this place or other forum to advertise something, instead to involve the community and maybe explain, why they made certain decisions.
    Whats the reason for no replay anymore?

If i would be a modder, i wouldnt buy the story with that changed codes i did read this morning, instead i would believe, that many mods was so damn good, that CA started to worry.
    How they can sell mods for download on Steam, if there are extreme good mods out for free?

I think, that CA should earn money as much they can, if they deliver some real good game in return.

Other companies involve player a lot more and use the ideas and the feedback of the community, CA almost never did that. With this new "leading role of MP" times change, Online Player are a harder folk to please.
    SPlayer are a lot easier to keep happy, since many bugs they never will notice. If thats really the goal, we should see a lot more communication.

Threw the thread hijacking posts together in a thread and to a more appropriate forum.The thread can be found here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...replays-in-NTW
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 09-07-2010 at 18:22.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

they both just escaped severe wolf punishment, ;o) thx kage...
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....