Thread: LETS COLLECT beta test suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LETS COLLECT beta test suggestions

I would like to collect suggestions from you for the beta-testing phase for CA.... why not help them in checking our list with perhaps simple and onvious suggestions... but everything may help... if possible be detailed and use Cointreau english scentences...

As first I would say......

- Check on unnecessary eye strain, fonts: Use clear fonts in the foyer, battle hosting screen and such. Remember people may sit 24/7 in front of the chatting and such
    - Check on unnecessary eye strain, relaxness of the screen: Make an option to disable nasty backgroundmovies in the foyer and hostingscreens and such
    Last edited by Magyar Khan; 09-08-2010 at 16:20.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Default Re: LETS COLLECT beta test suggestions

There are several suggestions from the other threads that could be added here for testing.

1. Connection quality evaluation and determining limits types of games (1v1, 2v2, etc) based on connection quality.
    2. Testing drops and their impact on the remaining players in the game and any ladders/rankings afterwards.
    3. Pre-/in-/post-game communications - chat foyer, voice, messaging.
    4. Matchmaking flexibility for random opponents, private clan/group games, and tournaments.
    5. Grouping options, formations, commands
    6. Balance of units vs each other in cost, combat and movement in MP environment.
    7. Terrain and weather effects to visibility, movement, combat, missile fire. Thinking of things like fog of war, guns in rain, fatigue in snow, hills blocking missile fire and so on.
    8. Morale effects of guns, being flanked, proximity of taisho, other routing units friend/foe, charges, etc.
    I'm sure the Ten Thousand Game club members can greatly expand the details of these and add a ton more.
    This space intentionally left blank

Good list of common sense test suggestions you got most of the basics covered. ;)

Just hope they do a good test on those things and make the necessary ajustments...

I remember one thing that was a problem in the past and not sure if it is still there:

1. Check to make sure muskets and other gunpowder weapons (which depend on line of sight) do not shoot through buildings, hills, trees, etc . .

Quote Originally Posted by UglyElmo2 View Post
    1. Check to make sure muskets and other gunpowder weapons (which depend on line of sight) do not shoot through buildings, hills, trees, etc . .
    That was included as part of my #7.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    That was included as part of my #7.
    Ooops! I missed the "Hills blocking missile fire" part of your number 7. :) Great minds think alike aye? hehe