Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going hunting for the first time this weekend

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Re: Going hunting for the first time this weekend

If you kill a bear, the terrorists win....
    RIP Tosa

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    When speaking of mega-fauna such as a bear, Canada isn't that big. And 75% of the countries habitable landmass is bear country.
    25% of Canada is still absolutely huge. Bears may be dangerous, but they are also highly intelligent and emotional creatures, watch some documentories on their behaviour you will be amazed. Why not hunt stupid people instead and try to get away with it, level playing field sport-technically and you get to shoot so everything is ok, everybody happy

I say hunt any species with bigger penises then humans to extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    25% of Canada is still absolutely huge. Bears may be dangerous, but they are also highly intelligent and emotional creatures, watch some documentories on their behaviour you will be amazed. Why not hunt stupid people instead and try to get away with it, level playing field sport-technically and you get to shoot so everything is ok, everybody happy
    I'd be totally for hunting stupid people. Unfortunately our primate biology precludes such things. We can't enjoy for real spectator blood sports any more. So we get our masculine need for violence sated via killing innocent creatures, the smarter the better.

And another thing about bear hunting, you need a special hunting license for it. As most populations are somewhat protected. Not as restricted as moose though. Where you enter a lottery to win the right to shoot 1.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Thanks for all the responses. I note that in my initial post I made a mistake. I should have said "next" weekend, not "this" weekend, as it's this coming weekend I'm going.

I must admit, I'm a little hesitant myself. Funny thing is, I know I could shoot a human being if I had to. I'm not actually sure I want to shoot a bear. I do have some motivation to want to shoot one, as bear meat is my favorite out of any wild game I've ever tried. But no matter what happens it won't be a total loss, as I'll be out with a good buddy, enjoying some of the finest natural scenery North America has to offer: Vancouver Island.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by Goofball; 09-13-2010 at 19:52. Reason: typo
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. I note that in my initial post I made a mistake. I should have said "next" weekend, not "this" weekend, as it's this coming weekend I'm going.

I must admit, I'm a little hesitant myself. Funny thing is, I know I could shoot a human being if I had to. I'm not actually sure I want to shoot a bear. I do have some motivation to want to shoot one, as bear meat is my favorite out of any wild game I've ever tried. But no matter what happens it won't be a total loss, as I'll be out with a good buddy, enjoying some of the finest natural scenery North America has to offer: Vancouver Island.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    tbh you probably wont even get to kill one. last time i went hunting which was like two weeks ago (im trapped in a city now) i wasnt even able to get a shot in on what i was going for. Hunting shouldnt ever be about making the kill only people who dont hunt think that. Its about experiencing nature on a level you just dont reach otherwise.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    tbh you probably wont even get to kill one. last time i went hunting which was like two weeks ago (im trapped in a city now) i wasnt even able to get a shot in on what i was going for. Hunting shouldnt ever be about making the kill only people who dont hunt think that. Its about experiencing nature on a level you just dont reach otherwise.

You're doing it wrong
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

For those of us who grew up in nature I can assure you 100% that hunting has nothing to do with "experiencing nature." Now for you City Slickers and your Walden Thorough obsession, that may be the case. But for me it's all about the meat, meat, meat.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    For those of us who grew up in nature I can assure you 100% that hunting has nothing to do with "experiencing nature." Now for you City Slickers and your Walden Thorough obsession, that may be the case. But for me it's all about the meat, meat, meat.
    i live in a rural area, we go to our land in montana for 2 weeks every summer, my father for longer, the only time we have lived in a city is when my dad was stationed on a nas located in one like SD, i only live in a city now because im at university

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

i live in a rural area, we go to our land in montana for 2 weeks every summer, my father for longer, the only time we have lived in a city is when my dad was stationed on a nas located in one like SD, i only live in a city now because im at university
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ-kOix5FAI

Don't kill it, it doesn't understand what is going on, but it does feel pain and can be terrified. Humans know why they are being shot at
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-15-2010 at 16:58.

i live on the east coast sfts. do you realize how much it costs to transport ourselves along with dogs and gear to montana every year. two weeks is luxurious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12