Thread: Practice Makes Perfect

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Practice Makes Perfect

Clans are sharpening their swords and polishing their armor getting ready for the release of Shogun2.

One way to get in some quality battle time is to join in the now open Napoleon Total War;

Clan Wars Competition –Top Team Tournament XXVII - Autumn 2010 Championship

This contest will be 32 Clan Teams in a 3v3, seeded, one Battle per Round, knock-out Championship.

To the best of my knowledge this Clan Team single battle knock-out, is the first contest of its kind.

As the result of our last competition, we have a Clan Team ranking ladder of those Clan Teams who completed that contest (just now finishing).

These Clan Teams will be the individual hosts of a new competition where they will set the map and conditions of each of the single battle matches, and then take on the responsibility as Attacker in that battle.

The challenger assigned will defend according to our rules, and the winning Clan Team will proceed to the next round.

It is highly possible for a winning challenger to become a host and set the map and conditions for battles in future rounds.

Any of the 3v3 capable maps may be used except Grassy Flatlands, and all parameters of each individual battle will be posted in advance.

This process will continue every three weeks until there is a single winning Champion Clan Team.

This contest will also produce a point system ladder to provide the seed order for our next contest, hopefully in Shogun2.

If you have any questions please see the Autumn Rules first, and if more explanation is needed, post on our Autumn Discussion forum.

http://clanwars3540.yuku.com/directory
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-18-2010 at 15:44.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Practice Makes Perfect

But my Lord, Muskets and cannons in this era is so much different then this Samurai era you speak of!

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKingWarmanCake88 View Post
    But my Lord, Muskets and cannons in this era is so much different then this Samurai era you speak of!

It might be helpful for players to familiarize them selves with the Napoleon game interface, as it will be much closer to what will be used in Shogun2 than what they may remember from the original Shogun and Medieval games.

And guns are guns, though they may be less important in Shogun2 than in Napoleon, they still will have a significant role, and be something that Rome to Kingdoms players should learn to use.

Overall playing Napoleon is as close as you can get to Shogun2 right now, and any player and teamwork skills developed while we wait, will certainly be an advantage when the game is finally released.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes Tomisama, I was just joking with you. Good points.

Abit too many players needed for the oh so inactive wolves :) i will wait on a some 2v2 tournament. Or maybe we have to wait till shogun2 to don our samurai armour

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

May I join?

Look at the date, people stopped posting last year
    Last edited by OUT4BLOOD; 03-17-2011 at 18:19.
    O4B / Masked

Quote Originally Posted by OUT4BLOOD View Post
    Look at the date, people stopped posting last year
    oh...