Thread: One simple question..

Default One simple question..

EB is a great mod that I do play frequently and it works perfectly for me, thus I have but one simple question.

Regarding your minimap, how do you make it appear the way it is? As in - say the Romani control all of Italy, it's just one solid colour (red) and not ruined by borderlines showing up as well as it would in RTW, when the provinces would be shaded in red and the borderlines black.

I think the vanilla minimap just..ruins it. It simply doesn't look nice. Which is why I loved the minimap in the original Medieval: Total War, and hated it when they added the borderline thing in Medieval II: Total War.

If possible - is there a way to make this..minimap thing possible for vanilla RTW or vanilla MTWII?

Default Re: One simple question..

I believe, that there is 2 sets of colours for a faction, province colours and border colours, make these the same, and it should appear as one solid colour.

Not entirely sure though

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    I believe, that there is 2 sets of colours for a faction, province colours and border colours, make these the same, and it should appear as one solid colour.

Not entirely sure though
    Exactly
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Giving you the M2TW version, don't play RTW any more.
    Go to descr_sm_factions.txt in your data folder. Back it up(Always do that)
    the entries will be of the following:
    england, faction england, spawned_on_event
    culture northern_european
    religion catholic
    symbol models_strat/symbol_england.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour red 215, green 0, blue 0
    secondary_colour red 0, green 87, blue 177

loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_england.tga
    standard_index 12
    logo_index FACTION_LOGO_ENGLAND
    small_logo_index SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_ENGLAND
    triumph_value 5
    custom_battle_availability yes
    can_sap no
    prefers_naval_invasions yes
    can_have_princess yes
    has_family_tree yes

The bold areas need to be same, i.e

primary_colour red 215, green 0, blue 0
    secondary_colour red 215, green 0, blue 0
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

Alright, I actually managed to change the Julii faction to a T. Perfectly done.
    All I did was set the green and blue values to 0 while the red values equal to the primary value.

However, I tried something different with the House of Brutii as another test. I switched all the colour values so they'd match their primary counterparts.

It came out as I wanted, however..their colour was a much, much brighter green. Heh.

I only tried that because I didn't know what else to do. I knew they weren't red, so I didn't know what colour to pick besides green. I then thought..I have no idea what to do with factions that don't use green/red/blue colours at all, so I was sort of confused and was hoping just doing that general formula as I did with the Brutii would solve any future woes.

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

If you change secondary color to primary color and keep both same it stays solid. Its in the descr_sm_factions

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

If you want to use some colour other than the default you can easily look up the needed RGB values on the internet. Just google it, there should be several sites for that.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi