Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many old clans are really coming back?

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question How many old clans are really coming back?

How many old clans really are coming back? Because I know with M2TW there was all this hype with them.... and hardly any came back long term expect for a few. Would S2TW be taken any more seriously?

Default Re: How many old clans are really coming back?

If its good im sure a few clans will pop back up, alot of players are too fragmented now to form their old clans. MTW2 was terrible MP and most old clans and players saw this and dident bother with it. I dont even know if wolves will reform, at the moment im the only active wolf in Napoleon totalwar - magy and kocmoc play now and then but not for many weeks already. If i had to place a bet id say the old clans wont return for shogun 2 - we will see some players return for sure but beyond that i cant see it.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

When STW2 mp will be good...I expect the return of many old players.

Not so sure about the clans...even when former die hard clan guys return...I think it will be different. We used to stab eachothers backs with passion...now we're much older and just happy to see eachother again.

The old shoggie feeling was special...we defended our own tribe and we fought the others. 7 years or so since...I now want to hug my former enemies.

I predict "the old" will stick together ...some kind of new "uber" clan...without a clan tag.
    We don't need to be in a clan anymore I think, we seen it all already...probably too old to be bothered.

Newer clans will jump in...I hope the shoggie atmosphere (honourable behavior and vague stuff like that) will return, but I'm afraid the old will shake their heads, because it won't be the same anymore.

We're now the Statlers and Waldorfs here...lol
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Well I logged in to reply and Kas has more or less done it for me. Time has rolled on and we are all a tad older and now it's like 'wow hello mate, it's so good to see you again after all these years'.
    Life sucks, and memories become rose tinted to compensate but let's not try to kid ourselves, Shogun 2 will never be Shogun it doesn't matter how hard we try. Whether it will be another pleasant chapter in the book of nostalgia remains to be seen. To be honest, for me, too many players never even made it to MTW and that's when the series turned to shit IMO, Rome just added to it.
    It's way too far down the line to expect all those players and clans to return through some steam time warp. Sad but true.

And Kas, you've always been a softy at heart. If I'm not mistaken you attended more than one TW shindig ;)

part of the clan wolves aspect was the hunting on the sheep, collected in other clans.... for this a foyer did trigger me a lot.,... bragging sheep, the everlasting new players asking for challengers and so on... for the competetive aspect a foyer is a must....

i play ntw now and trhen cuz its GUI is not good enough for me.... it isnt made for the cybergamer but more for the sp gamer.... so many checks and doublechecks that for me it looks like starcraft2 also the era is not to my liking..... shogun era catches all whats needed, small time scale, less amount of units, rock scissors paper, the honour, the valour, the pain of hand to hand combat.... :)

i will return and if the gameplay suits me than i will rampage thru many hosted games..... but if the overal cybersport experience dissapoints me i will focus on mp campaigns.... still have the drive to create an online one once again.... if the game cant satisfy me perhaps the intrique between players and clans can ....

so summarized....

Foyer & excellent gameplay = Wolves herding everywhere
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Six of the 47s (Drisos, Anskar, Ishida, E-Menel, Methos, and me) are still in contact with each other via Facebook but we haven't communicated much in a while. Drisos has mentioned interest in S2TW but is heavily involved with Uni. The others are all pre-occupied with real life. The original forum's still up, but has been relatively lifeless for years now. When the release date is closer I'll see if they intend to give it a whirl.

The idea of being ronin without formal affiliations has always appealed to me, but if it turns out to be good enough to attract a lot of players, it'll probably be like VI, where if you're not in a clan, you'll end up in many games teamed with players you don't know who don't team very well, up against clan squads that do team well and just roll, roll, roll. That gets old after a while and is the main reason why I eventually joined the Hunters.

I think there will be a lot of new players and clans. As has been said, whether or not the old players/clans will really get into it will depend a lot on how good the overall experience is. One can only hope.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

I'm guessing the Doragons will not rise from the ashes.
    This space intentionally left blank

I'm trialing in Aggony although I've hardly been around due to work and shamefully buying an xbox. Clan Takiyama (Mizu) is doubtful a lot of us split when Rome launched others like Jochi and Marcus are in Ronin.

Tears/Donbatti has been on NTW a bit, but apart from him and Jochi I've not spoken to any others apart from Orda here and a brief convo with CBR on MSN who may consider returning if its good.
    Not sure what Yuuki and Tosa will do?

From Shogun days I've always kept in touch with my old clan m8 Linksan/EuroSan from chain and euro clans he may return if the games good. I have also seen some Elite's around.

But like others have said I expect the old to stick together due to the great times we had in Shogun and MTW its amazing how old some of us are these days coughs in Jochis direction :)

Just be nice to see as many old faces as possible tbh.
    Last edited by Sp00n; 10-05-2010 at 11:42.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Nobody said that resurrecting a clan means bringing back all the old members and continue on the same path as left eight or seven years ago. Too much time has passed for that. Old clans will not "come back" in that form - as we remember them.

What can happen is for a few, or even one, old clan member to resurrect the name and the spirit of their respective clan. Re-build the membership base from grounds up, keep the name and retain the history and values. There will be undoubtedly many new players and at release, the timing will be perfect. It's only a question of leadership and strong will. Happened before, will happen again.

I'm sure the Grey Wolves will make a return and surely many of their future STW2 members will be new, but they will undoubtedly capture the old Wolf spirit. Like them, other clans can come back...

If the game is good and I will like it, I wouldn't mind getting Kenchikuka back on its feet, either. With some luck and some courage, we could easily have 20 new members and still claim to be the oldest clan in Total War. :)
    Last edited by Tera; 10-05-2010 at 18:11.

The Order of Kenchikuka

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sp00n
    Clan Takiyama (Mizu) is doubtful a lot of us split when Rome launched others like Jochi and Marcus are in Ronin.
    Marcus and I play as ^Nomads^, individuals who play together but not tied to any Clan.

But like others have said I expect the old to stick together due to the great times we had in Shogun and MTW
    It seems that a lot of the older players are coming together already and having some fun playing NTW.

Its amazing how old some of us are these days coughs in Jochis direction :)
    The older we get in years the more we enjoy ourselves.
    The one thing I do admire among the players who know me and my real age is the fun comments and the happy joking that takes place.
    Have you ever tried leading an army using a 'walker' or 'zimmer frame' as we call them??
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tera View Post
    Nobody said that resurrecting a clan means bringing back all the old members and continue on the same path as left eight or seven years ago. Too much time has passed for that. Old clans will not "come back" in that form - as we remember them.
    One need not have all thy old members to be a great old clan today- Good point.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I doubt oldtimers will make up a big part of the number of people playing S2:TW online. Let's hope the atmosphere is good nontheless. [I did not like the R:TW foyer... :(]

I guess most people don't feel the need for a resurrection, if there's only one or two 'of the old days' in town.
    But I expect at least 7Bear7 and Aggony in there, ... maybe even Takiyama and Wolves?
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Blog Entries

Just food for thought:

If Oldtimers give advice and want things, but don't plan on returning, then first off, why give your opinion and two, why not come back?

RW will be there as ussual..we never left ..see ya'll opening day..bring next of kin notifications forms

Blog Entries

No, maybe a few, but most will play it a few days or weeks and than leave again.
    The only chance to get those old people interested and than keep em interested is, if the game is really good.

The minimum is obvious, while many old player want gameplay more than eyecandy, this wont work.
    While i hope for the best, i still feel, that we will be disappointed. S2 wont be close to STW, surely a lot better looking game, i also bet, that we will have a much better SP-Campagin.
    But thats it, the gameplay will be crap and it will be an early beta once again.

3 Months after launch, you will see max 2-4 old clans, maybe not a single one.

Time will tell.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

well ... if CA was serious this time more info would be given especially since we are 6 month before release. Can't believe that some people still fall for CA marketing schemes ...

Whos falling for what? Ca are releasing info about their game as is normal its still early days and im sure many people are still undecided on shogun2. I guess most people on this forum (the multiplayer forum) are waiting on reports for multiplayer.

Buddha

Hi all,

long time ago. Greetings to all of you who knows me.
    well i think that i am an oldtimer. I can say for me. I will play STW2 in MP if there is a relationship to STW. I hope CA develops STW2 very well with all gimmicks from the old game.
    For old ELITEs i can say, that i am with some of them still in contact and they follow up the development of STW2.

I think we will see us in STW2 chatroom sorted by Clannames :-)
    JP has spoken

howl JP greetings and welcome.... we hope to see the eliteforce onlien soon....!
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEofJerichoPrime View Post
    Hi all,

long time ago. Greetings to all of you who knows me.
    well i think that i am an oldtimer. I can say for me. I will play STW2 in MP if there is a relationship to STW. I hope CA develops STW2 very well with all gimmicks from the old game.
    For old ELITEs i can say, that i am with some of them still in contact and they follow up the development of STW2.

I think we will see us in STW2 chatroom sorted by Clannames :-)
    Good to see you JP!! :)

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Interesting discussion.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

smells a little moldy, but it's definitely Obake!

greetings to all of u up there,

almost a decade later, i believe there are a lot of papa out there now. :)

after searching steam for familiar names, me finally got to add some of u !
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/signaturepics/sigpic3889_2.gif

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Hey Justy thanks for giving me the head-up on S2TW! Lets sound the horn and gather our brothers.. only this time my gal will be controlling the mouse...

The forum looks... different..
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Blog Entries

Well, look at the numbers. If i compare the people who visit the different forum, i clearly see that 90% or more still are on the SP part of the game.

As this is about old clans, i think it will be always very hard to create a "new" game and ensure, that you please the oldtimer.
    Its hard and also questionable, just a handful player, who wont make much of a difference.

The game is a lot better than many of the other TW versions, CA really try to get a better MP-part out.
    I still doubt, that we will see many old clans or player coming back. There will be some, who try it out and leave after some days of playing.
    There will be a almost complete new generation of player, with some luck a few clans will be back, but surely not many.

I spoke with many people and im surprised by the positive feeling concerning the amount of MPlayer.
    As it is now, i have heavy doubts, that we will really see a huge amount of MPlayer.
    Sure, there will be more than we had 10 years ago, but it wont be 10 or 20k like some are hoping.

The gamedesign has some aspects, like achievements or that little campaign you have to play, but this is more ore less stuff copied from other games,
    nothing new and surely not good enough to make this game a success for onlinegaming.

2 weeks to goo and hopefully im wrong and we see 100k player online.

Koc

We Sith will most likely stick with good old RTW as we always have, many Sith members tried the Shogun 2 demo, none where impressed. Shogun 2 combat engine is simply inferior to the RTW engine.

the environment cannot adapt to us, but we can adapt to the environment.

good to see u tootee, dont tell me you have a 10yr old child already.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/signaturepics/sigpic3889_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Tera View Post
    If the game is good and I will like it, I wouldn't mind getting Kenchikuka back on its feet, either. With some luck and some courage, we could easily have 20 new members and still claim to be the oldest clan in Total War. :)
    pop me a message if you do resurrect Kenchi- would be good to be back in it
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sjakihata View Post
    pop me a message if you do resurrect Kenchi- would be good to be back in it
    It be nice to see Kenchikuka return to TW MP .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast