Thread: Modifying SPQR troop roster

Default Modifying SPQR troop roster

Hi @ all,

while playing against AI controlled SPQR i allways felt there was smth. wrong with it´s unit composition ( like engaging the Romans with lots of gaulic troops and/or mercs in them ).
    So, my first though was to take away the ability from the Romans to build any local troops - celtic, greek etc., only living them their italic allies. Now, i´ve got some questions concerning mercs and auxilla troops for Rome and hope, some of you guys could help me out with some advices :)

1. If i delete the ownership "seleucid" in the EDU for the mercs, will the Romans still be able to hire them?

2. Depending on the answer on question 1: if i make roman core troops available as mercs for SPQR, would other factions be able to hire them, despite the lack of ownership entry for those factions?
    - my goal is to compencate the lack of ability for the SPQR to hire foreign troops ( except some cavalry, perhaps, to represent the "devide and conquer" politics of the Romans by making deals with celtic chieftains ) by enabling them to quickly raise up a legion within Italy, representing it through those mercenary roman hastati, princeps and triarii. This would, at the same time, quite good represent the ( historical ) ability of the Romans to raise up significant forces in case of emergency or as the preparation for a conquest, imho.

3. If it is possible to restrict the mercenery pool for those roman core troops for SPQR only, how/where can i tune the rate of replenishment of those troops? ( in Italy only ).

4. I know, some moders have changed the conditions for the Marian Reforms for the SPQR. I guess, i´d need a hint to how to adjust the both reforms ( Polybian and Marian ), to enable the Romans to develope those reformes depending on the rate of expansion of the faction, to alow them to get their auxilla troops faster in order to, again, compencate the lack of local troops in the conquered areas.

Thanks in advance for your reading, and, hopefully some usefull advises.

Greetings, vollorix.

P.S: I´m currently playing on BI.exe.
    - 10 mov. points :P

Default Re: Modifying SPQR troop roster

1. Yes if you remove a faction from the troop in the EDU they cant recruit them
    3. desr.merc file in EB/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/decr_merc , you can change what you need in there , i give all mercs 2 exp and reduce nubers to 1.
    exp 2 cost 2985 replenish 0.055 - 0.065 max 1 initial 0
    replenish lower to make them pop up slower , max is how many are recruitable, and initial is how many the game starts with.
    I delete lots of troops from this , if there not local to a region i usally delete the troop.
    (unit celtic infantry enoci curoas merc, exp 2 cost 2985 replenish 0.055 - 0.065 max 2 initial 0) example
    you can delete the whole line if you dont want the merc in that area.
    Last edited by Rovert; 10-06-2010 at 16:36.