Thread: Is there a dentist in the house?

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Is there a dentist in the house?

because my bottom, left, and near-rear tooth (not counting wisdom tooth), hurts like heck, but I can't afford to go to the dentist.

basically, I'm asking for any possible solution that can fix the tooth at home; I heard it can be done, but I want to be sure.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a dentist in the house?

My grandpa is a dentist and my bro is training to be one, but it could be one of a number of things, you will have to see a dentist, you cant do it yourself, too dangerous. Could be cavity, root canal, gum decay, etc.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Do it the old fashion way and get your cousins to hold you down and pull it out. The pain will squirt away with the blood.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Grandma says chew on this, dunno what it's called in English, relieves the pain. http://www.google.nl/images?hl=nl&so...n+zoeken&gbv=2

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

I have experience in the bad dental hygene + lack of funds department, and talking from experience, nothing except a trip to the dentist (or perhaps meth's home dentistry course) will stop the pain.

A bit of clove oil however will make the pain bearable until your wallet fattens. Just be very careful to only put it on your teeth and don't get it on your gums or swallow any since it is toxic and it will cause "burns" to your gums and make you very sick or kill you if swallowed.

EDIT
    I think Clove is the english name for Kruidnagel (the thing fragony posted)
    Last edited by miotas; 10-10-2010 at 11:05.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Ya these, not toxic, I use them a lot when cooking great in meatballs.

Bit of a good/bad advice to Ibrahim, a little bit of cocaine works best, apply a little and the pain dissapears you won't have any positive/negative effects whatsoever.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

It's been my experience that after trying all the old home remedies, you'll end up going to a dentist anyway. Might as well get drunk and go get it over with.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

If it's the root canal, you'll do whatever is needed to get the money to pay the dentist.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Cancer
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    If it's the root canal, you'll do whatever is needed to get the money to pay the dentist.
    No kidding, waited two weeks because the treatment was supposedly extremely painful. It was hell, after a while it became unbearable and I have high pain treshhold, so I went for it, shaking like a madman, dreading what's to come. Treatment was completely painless, the sedation wasn't pleasant but it was over in a second. I really felt like an idiot for not going sooner when I left the dentist (still shaking), you know it will only get worse.