Thread: removing geisha

Smile removing geisha

hello, does anyone know of a way to remove the geisha girl from being able to recruit.
    i'd like to play without racing to build a geisha. haven't played in quite some time, dusting off old faithful for a little fun, til stw2 comes out.

any help is appreciated. Thanks, grandpa

Default Re: removing geisha

Try searching this forum or the modding forum. There is certainly a way to stop the AI building the Geisha House, which will effectively get rid of the Geisha.

If you have the original game, patch to 1.12 and play that without the MI expansion. Buildings are way too expensive and time consuming and geisha takes 2 years to train. This means its effectively not used by the AI.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Thank you for your input. I found an mod "GothmogSPEdition.zip ", but when it tried to download it, nothing happened.It has an aspect to remove the geisha. That said, my friends call me grandpa for a reason lol. I once found a thread a long time ago, to edit the building choice, but for the life of me I cant find it with a search of the org. If and when I do find it, i will report back. Thanks again, you folks are awesome. Grandpa

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

I believe it is the 15th entry in the building preferences text directory. Set the building preference to 0.

Note that if you build a geisha house and train your own geisha, the AI will over-ride the .txt and build it's own to counter yours.

edit:

look here---

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...sabling-geisha

And here:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...eld-ninja.html

Last entry gives all the building preferences and their order in the text file for all clans.
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 10-11-2010 at 21:37.
    High Plains Drifter

thank you very much. you nailed it. much appreciated.