Thread: Minneapolis

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Minneapolis

Hey dames and lords,

I'll be spending some time in the fine city of Minneapolis, however I've never been there, and don't know how to entertain myself. Any advice?

Thanks
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: Minneapolis

juicy lucy
    Pack a coat

Prepare to be bombarded with the most horrid accents ever to grace the english language.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

You can entertain yourself by annoying the locals with a fake Scandinavian-English accent and endless questions about Fargo and Prince.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Or by getting stuck in bad weather. Or by hiding in a freezer to escape the cold outside.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I think the Mall of America is nearby. It has a roller coaster and other rides on the inside. And people go there to jog because it's a mile around on each of the floors.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Mall of America is in Bloomington which is a few minutes south of Minneapolis.
    ....They don't have much else. I'd go with Louis' suggestion. Also, they don't play duck, duck, goose there. They call it duck, duck, grey duck. Make sure ask people to play duck duck goose with you.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

The only thing I really know about the Twin Cities is that they have a huge Laotian population, so the obvious answer would be to find some Laotian restaurants and have a rocking good time.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Ahh, the adventure continues I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    Or by getting stuck in bad weather. Or by hiding in a freezer to escape the cold outside.
    This I like.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 10-14-2010 at 18:37.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks all guys. The weather is good for now, and I have found a couple of watering holes to my liking. Will visit Mall of America this weekend in all probability even in spite of my irrational fear of walled cattle shopping areas. Any specific places? Restaurants, bars, illegal racing, fight clubs?

Danke all
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut