Thread: This game needs more maps!

Default This game needs more maps!

Absolutely cant be bothered playing more NTW because of the lack of maps, CA should do us all a favour and release maps from the campaign for multiplay theyre already in the game and theres 6+ months to go till shogun2.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Default Re: This game needs more maps!

In Rome TW it was somehow possible to extract all the maps from the campaign to become MP Maps.
    I wonder if this is possible for NTW, too and if someone has figured out how to do it.

its not

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

If you want more maps id suggest NTW3 from the lordz. They made at least 15-20 more maps for ntw,all factions playable,lots more units as well as a fog of war if you so choose. Just go to the lordz forums and apply to be a tester then upon approval they will give you a dl link. You will also need the mod manager as well and if you dont like it you can go back to vanilla at any time.
    It is also what ntw online shoulda been......once you play you can never go back to ntw arcade styles battles.
    http://thelordz.org/

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Do they work online?
    Fog of war - how does that work?

Yes the mod is for online play only and skirmish battles against the AI if you want. In fog of war mode basically that means while walking you cannot see my troops unless they are in the line of sight. Running however means you can see them all the time. You need the mod and the mod manager as well....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344757

Maybe a free DLC including ETW maps for NTW use would be easy to do for CA? Then again, I am not too sure how nice the ETW maps are since I kinda skipped everything besides buying from it.

ETW maps are the same as Napoleon but in Napoleon they are better, plus you get more maps with napoleon. When empire was first released only 3 maps available, which was very boring for the longest but the die hards kept on, and those were 2 2v2 maps. and 1 4v4 map. I think it was patch 1.3 maybe 1.2 cant remember when they finally released more maps. and that was almost 6- 8 months into it.
    I obey the rose.

Honour and Friendship

Sounds like they went from epic fail! to just fail with the mp maps.

Buddha

Yeah, quite the surprise actually.

sigh im playing on the perfect mp map right now in the single player campaign! painful!

Buddha

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Seems it's been figured out how to add maps. It might be as simple as copying and renaming a temporary file.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

more info? and doesent that make the game incompatible with other players?

Buddha

I'ld guess it does when the whole mod is installed Swoosh. At least, that's to be hoped (otherwise the door is wide open to cheating and perceived cheating). What's needed is figuring out how to add new maps, and just that (sounds like TheLordz already know it). Just adding maps shouldn't make you incompatible with others, but of course those maps can only be played on when all people have it.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu View Post
    .Just adding maps shouldn't make you incompatible with others, but of course those maps can only be played on when all people have it.
    Well, if that is true, than it should not be too difficult to put together a good mappack, which you and your friends can install and with them you can then play those map, while still beeing able to play the "vanilla" maps when you are just occasionally playing a stranger.

You are getting my hopes high :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Well, if that is true, than it should not be too difficult to put together a good mappack, which you and your friends can install and with them you can then play those map, while still beeing able to play the "vanilla" maps when you are just occasionally playing a stranger.

You are getting my hopes high :)
    That was possible in all titles; I'ld expect it to be possible with NTW too.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

In NTW if you install any map outwith the vanilla options the game becomes incompatable with vanilla and wont let you join MP games or host a game anyone can join.

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    In NTW if you install any map outwith the vanilla options the game becomes incompatable with vanilla and wont let you join MP games or host a game anyone can join.
    Wow! That's very sad.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

My question is : how difficult is it to install a new map?
    If I can play online with the vanilla version, meet someone I know to have certain new custom maps and can just quickly go out of the game, rename a few files and get back into the game and start playing my friend within a few minutes, that would not be all too bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    My question is : how difficult is it to install a new map?
    If I can play online with the vanilla version, meet someone I know to have certain new custom maps and can just quickly go out of the game, rename a few files and get back into the game and start playing my friend within a few minutes, that would not be all too bad then.
    Something like a modswapper, but than just for maps. That could very well work Nigel.
    Ja mata

TosaInu