Thread: The Iranian Nuclear Programme

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Iranian Nuclear Programme

Well, I am just inquisitive what you people think about it. What are the plans of Iran and how far do you think the Islamic republic will go; what the consequences will be. What should/will the reaction of the US, EU, Russia, China be... News and development. It's quite possible that during November we will have new round of talks between the EU and Iran...

The floor is yours, ladies and gentlemen!
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Default Re: The Iranian Nuclear Programme

Iran will try and do what they always been doing finish the nuke without getting attacked they know the USA cant attack cos they are bogged down.

Since US cant attack they must use a proxy (proxy = Israel) Unfortunately for Israel short of using nukes an Israeli attack will not destroy Irans nuke programme but could end up bogging down an America ally in a deadly war. Nukes indeed may not stop the programme as it is apparently been well distributed and hidden plus the knowledge will still be there after any attack.

Any Israeli/USA attack will cause Irans proxies HAMAS and Hezbollah to attack Israel. Israel would not fare well in this senario just like in the last Hezbollah fighting. Therefore Israel/USA need sneakier methods to disrupt the Iranians I bet all sorts of CIA/Mossad shennanagins are going on as we speak just like the virus that was found in the siemens SCADA.

The last method is to use another proxy to buy off Iran here enters the EU with aid and the like to help Irans rubbish economy this may work in the short term or at least long enough to delay Iran till US/Israel have worked a plan that can stop Iran going nuclear.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 10-22-2010 at 01:46.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Iran will try and do what they always been doing finish the nuke without getting attacked they know the USA cant attack cos they are bogged down.

Since US cant attack they must use a proxy (proxy = Israel) Unfortunately for Israel short of using nukes an Israeli attack will not destroy Irans nuke programme but could end up bogging down an America ally in a deadly war. Nukes indeed may not stop the programme as it is apparently been well distributed and hidden plus the knowledge will still be there after any attack.
    Referring to the bold bit, did you hear about that advanced virus that only targeted Iran's infrastructure? Seems to have done its job.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11388018
    http://www.symantec.com/content/en/u...et_dossier.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Referring to the bold bit, did you hear about that advanced virus that only targeted Iran's infrastructure? Seems to have done its job.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11388018
    http://www.symantec.com/content/en/u...et_dossier.pdf
    I already mentioned it see below the bolded bit from my earlier post

Therefore Israel/USA need sneakier methods to disrupt the Iranians I bet all sorts of CIA/Mossad shennanagins are going on as we speak just like the virus that was found in the siemens SCADA.

A disruption to SCADA like this would slow it down a lot as they would have to replace all the controlers in every plant. However they will just buy new ones and ensure there properly checked and they will have to ensure proper controls on USB sticks etc.

Course they might ditch those kinds of controllers altogether but it would require a massive overhaul of the architecture of the plants and achieve the delay US wants.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 10-22-2010 at 02:05.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I already mentioned it see below the bolded bit from my earlier post

A disruption to SCADA like this would slow it down a lot as they would have to replace all the controlers in every plant. However they will just buy new ones and ensure there properly checked and they will have to ensure proper controls on USB sticks etc.

Course they might ditch those kinds of controllers altogether but it would require a massive overhaul of the architecture of the plants and achieve the delay US wants.
    Woah. Somehow I didn't see that part of your post. Sorry. But yeah, as long as they can make a virus to get in, wouldn't they be able to severely delay Iran's efforts as long as they wanted? They switch out the controllers and then they just infect those with a new virus causing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Woah. Somehow I didn't see that part of your post. Sorry. But yeah, as long as they can make a virus to get in, wouldn't they be able to severely delay Iran's efforts as long as they wanted? They switch out the controllers and then they just infect those with a new virus causing more damage.
    Not if they went for some kind of local distributed system but it would be a pain to run and that would reduce the efficiency of the plants achieving the delay.

US can play dirty and stoke an Islamic coldwar hence this
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 10-22-2010 at 02:36.