Thread: Sieges

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sieges

How will Sieges be done on S2TW MP (or in general)? Will it be like NTW where you can garrison troops in barracks and that? I think they should bring back fancy things like Arrows towers (with archers in them ofc) and boiling oil.

Default Re: Sieges

As Japanese castles, atleast the bigger ones were built as a succession of courtyards connected by narrow twisting passages, you can expect some rather bloody multi-stage assaults to reach the main keep, with the defenders falling back to the next line of defense when the pressure becomes too big. CA has already mentioned a decent amount on sieges, so I expect them to be filled with features and fairly well polished.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Ye no doubt they will have a bit to them but seiges in mp? cant see it especially not with the same army values on each side if they stick with that. Sieges have never been popular in MP and i doubt they ever will be due to the huge advantage the defender has, sieges in mp campaign tho thats something else but i think we will see players just siege a city and wait till it falls instead of playing a siege battle against a human.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

But it be cool though Swoosh, especially in a 2v1 situation in a MP camp maybe.

It could be a fun distraction once every 6 months or something, just going by past experience on playing siege games. Thats just me though. If we make a clan campaign it will certainly feature siege battles for the clans capital tho so as to make a clan difficult to wipe out. we even had some river battles in the last clan campaign, infact i think it was a river battle where a ronin player famously turned on his ally and attacked him as he had been negotiating with the enemy in the campaign. you could attack allies if you wanted in shogun. Somone refresh my memory which clans and players were involved in that incident if memory serves it was rage clan led by monsta(before he became a wolf) and im sure the victim of the betrayal was tera in no fear clan at the time?
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-30-2010 at 23:03.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

it was such a display that i didnt dare to look and find out what really happend but it was the campaign at his peak moments....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

I miss siege games. Most of my experience was in M2TW, but if you can gather enough friends together they make for really fun games. Very long at times :P It is tough to take a defending city or castle but all the more rewarding if you do. As ducky mentioned about the layout of japanese castles, it could be very interesting and enjoyable.
    I obey the rose.

Honour and Friendship

Blog Entries

For those of you who played me and/or saw my Castle 2_5_2 on VI, can you imagine a S2TW version of Castle 2_5_2 ?

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Sieges in MTW were quite one sided. But it depends on what kind of games are hosted. Depending on the strength of the castle, the defender can be given two or ten times as less money.

Handicapping yourself at times, gives new players a chance and at the same time allows you to learn more about your units/will develop new tactics.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Handicapping happens with any map tho like sometimes me amp and magy would take 1 player with all cav 1 with all foot 1 with all missles etc or take weak factions. in the current game you cant set different values for each side and i dont think a good MP will learn much from choosing a different army in a siege game as whatever they learn they wont apply to say a cwc battle. But each to their own i guess the goal of most experienced players is just to have a balanced battle and is why they dont play sieges much. I can see sieges being fun for clan capitals in a clan multiplayer campaign but thats a pipedream and will never see the light of day again. Problem is there just arent enough multiplayer peeps on the one site not in a community way anyway. Even in the mp campaign you dont see seige battles, if somone has star forts your just going to starve them out.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 11-11-2010 at 10:53.

Buddha

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

True Swoosh, there are many ways to handicap.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Blog Entries

I hope sieges will be fun in S2TW MP though.