Thread: Pre-Battle CTD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pre-Battle CTD

The year is late 230s BC, and I am preparing to siege both the Lusotann capital, and an Aedui city. After my turn ends, I fight the Aedui, and after that battle, I'm attacked by one of Lusotann's armies. However, everytime I press 'Fight Battle', the game begins to load, before I receive a CTD halfway through the loading process. This has happened before, so I ended up auto-resolving the battle that time. I have also made multiple saves, but something like this happens every once in a while, and auto-resolving typically gives me a horrible defeat. The uploaded save file is here:

http://uploaded.to/file/sjwb8y

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by rocketman120; 11-02-2010 at 23:30. Reason: spelling error

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Pre-Battle CTD

It happens sometimes unfortunately. I recommend using the auto_win cheat so that you do not lose the battle so badly.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

I have got the same problem, that's why I registered here. Everytime I start a new campaign I play for about 30 to 40 years without any problems. Than, aproximately in the 240s or 230s I start getting CTDs when I start a battle. At the beginnig, the CTD appears at the beginning of the third or fourth battle after loading a savegame but later already at the beginning of the second. It happens especially when it's not the player's turn an I'm attacked by an enemy force. It's quite frustrating to get attacked, win the battle and then to get attacked again and get a CTD, especially if this happens over and over again.

Please tell me if anyone has a solution for this problem. I really don't want to use cheats.

Thanks

Nobody?

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by julianm6 View Post
    Nobody?
    There is no solution

The only thing the EB team (and anybody else) can tell you is...

Fresh copy of RTW, EB, fixes, restart campaign, don't use mods, get a better computer, hope for the best

~Jirisys (At least that's what i've seen around)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...