Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic LukMap & Script creator

Senior Member Senior Member Wellington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PanthaPower @ Jan. 26 2003,16:10)]Wellington,

that's an interesting theory you got about that horseshoe region... Well, when LMM4 is ready, we could do some more testing with that.

I reread my last post again and noticed that I might not have been clear. I was in a hurry so sorry for that one. To make things clear, what I meant in my last post was that I had a region where my title would be at and where my units would stand. But the castle would stand in a different region on the map... And not even close to the one where my units would be at
    But it could have been caused by one error that was made by me. I reshaped a few provinces on my LOTR map and accidently gave two castle coordinates to one region. Of course it gave an error in the errorlog but still I wanted to try the new map in MTW. I ofcourse deleted the extra castle out of the script file.

I'm now running a complete new run and I will test again. I think the run will last for one more hour. Takes so much time on my P3-450 laptop...

Wellington, one more question. The DLL that we are using will expire soon. Are you going to make your own DLL or will you keep on using this dll in the final version?

P.P.
    PP,

If you had 2 castles in the same region that should have been logged as an error when you did a "Test Map" run (that's the whole purpose of the "Test Map" run type - to trap most errors before you try a "Map/Script" run&#33

Basically, if LMM says there are errors then you should correct these via LMM. Ok, you don't always have to BUT LMM does NOT GUARENTEE and error free Script if you have errors. Many utilities/programs will just stop at the first sign of any error and force te user to start again. LMM does not this. LMM says "let's try to notify the userrs of as mnay errors as we can" - and hence it tries to keep running - even though errors have occured. What the end result of those errors will be if you then try to install LMMs generated output is really undeterminable.

I'll add a few more posts to this thread later in terms of -
    - Dreamweavers question
    - the csImageFileTrial package
    - LMM4 update

Welly

Guys,

I have a problem which I cannot identify... I succesfully converted my LOTR.BMP to a working script, Bif, LBM and TGA files using LMM3 (no errors in log). I ran it in MTW and everything seemed fine. But when I started playing I noticed that at least one region was not working correctly. I played as Almohads and they got the Regions Scotland and Livonia. The problem is in Livonia. I'll explain it in detail below what happens in MTW.

Take a look at a part from the Ref_Identifiers.bmp:

* When you check the ID in Ref_Identifiers.bmp it states ID_Livonia.
    * When you right click on Livonia inside MTW it shows the name Smolensk
    * A title is available and it's called "Title * of Livonia"
    * A castle is placed and the name of the castle is "Livonia Castle"
    * Moving units out of the Livonia castle is only possible to ID_Volga_Bulgaria (the ID that is shown in Ref_Identifiers.bmp).
    * Right click on Volga_Bulgaria gives an info screen that it's called Livonia
    * When moving my Livonia units from the Volga Bulgaria region to Livonia it states that I'm invading Smolensk
    * ID_Smolensk (the ID that is shown in Ref_Identifiers.bmp) does not have closed borders shown in MTW (e.g. the orange border colour for a region owned by Almohads).
    * Right clicking on ID_Smolensk doesn't work and seems totally dead.
    * Smolensk Castle is shown in the region ID_Smolensk.
    * Checking the colours in the palette slots came up with the right rgb values in the right slots (Livonia 211,195,179/219,203,187 en Smolensk 227,211,195/235,219,203).
    * SetCastle, SetOrigin and SetPort all have the right coordinates in the script I checked all of them and they are exactly as I specified.

Well, I'm puzzled. All the surrounding provinces seem to work fine and I cannot find any problems so far in the script. If you guys have any ideas or any further questions, please don't hesitate to share them with me. Can any of you guys also try one of your campaigns to see if you experiecne the same problem with Livonia, Smolensk and Volga_Bulgaria?

Wellington, one issue I would like to address. I see that the "income" value in SetAttributes seems totally random. Scotland for instance gives me 4102 florins a turn Maybe you could put a fixed income value of 150 for every region?

Also about the thing that I had two castles specified, well it was an error from me. When I ran the full script/map process I thought I was running a flawless BMP (I ran it many times already). But I forgot that I was behind another pc with an old version of my BMP. I understand that is shouldn't test these things when i get erros but it was the first time that I got a working LBM file in LMM3 so I was excited to test it after a manual correction in the script file. Forgive my curiosity....

Looking forward to hear any ideas,
    Panthapower

I have a couple things to mention here.

Mapsizes
    MapTex.tga size of 1024x1536 also crashes the game. This size also gives the line 2164 error in LMM again.

Factions.txt
    The names have to be all caps in the RegionOwner field, otherwise those regions will not be owned by anyone.

The Swiss
    Thx for the tip Barocca, I was thinking along the same lines.
    First, I tried just putting the swiss as SWISS=(minor,catholic,CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST,Swiss) without region ownership; swiss emerge in year 1405-1410 in high game. Result=no portrait found crash again.

Next, I gave them ownership of Switzerland and left them as SWISS=(minor,catholic,CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST,Swiss) RegionOwner=(ID_SWITZERLAND)
    YES, it works Lasted till 1453 although MTW gave me a defeat because I wasn't the most lasting dynasty and most glorious. The Swiss had only 3 provinces, the Papacy one, and me 47? I don't think I clicked glorious achievement when I started the game, oh well.

Here is what I did. I modified the Britain map and put it 51 land regions (up to Switzerland). I used the default mapsize for the Maptex again. I played the Almohads with 49 regions owned. I gave the Papacy Bavaria, and the Swiss Switzerland. I played on Easy, High, modified florin start money(gave almohads more and the others less ), auto everything. Since the Swiss were in the game from the start...no more irritating "The Swiss Emerge" event. I also had an event about the Portuguese sailing/trading around the world, but I didn't get any errors. I will try again again with a new map/script making the swiss a minor faction again without any land, to see if it crashes again. But, as of now, it looks like the Swiss and the Pope have to be in the game with land ownership.

Pantha
    I think I've seen the same things in my games but I haven't really looked into the name descrepancy as I have been trying to see if I can reach year 1453. But I did notice titles weren't displayed right for royalty, and one royalty had a generic name which MTW said something about name not found in the notes which pop up in the game, but the game still went well.
    Dremewevr

All you have to do, is to decide what you are going to do in the time that has been given to you... -Gandalf the Grey

Dr3mew3vr,

GREAT I see we are getting closer and closer. With everyone doing their own testing we are getting a lot of results in a very short time span
    I also experienced that my game runs fine with these small errors on the map. I didn't have any crash to desktop at all in my game but I only played for a few years a few times(at least 25 turns).

About the pope and swiss thing, yes I also concluded the Pope HAS to be in the game. I was worried about the Golden Horde/Swiss thing but didn't come that far yet with my testing.
    One thing to help you solve the Swiss portrait mystery, I heard someone (Barocca?) used a tool in the past which can look at what directory MTW is looking while you run into that Portrait error. One thing it gave a clearer view at is for instance the fact that Prince portraits are coming from the general portrait directory.

P.P.

Exellent I have just tested with the swiss in my E.C.W campaign after reading your posts and it seems to work so far so good.
    P.P when you ran LMM3 with your maps were they defalt size?
    sorry if this is a silly question but I'm working all hours at the moment and just grabing 5 minutes here & there on this. Cheers M.E

Quote[/b] (MR EGG @ Jan. 27 2003,15:50)]P.P when you ran LMM3 with your maps were they defalt size?
    M.E.

Yes it's the default MTW size I used. In other words, the BMP I provide to LMM3 is 2048*1536 in size which creates an LBM file of 2048*1536 and 4096*3072.

For me this is the only resolution where I get everything to work yet.

P.P.

p.p brilliant so you start off with 2048*1536 and this works no problem with LMM3? is there any thing you have done in particular (that I might be doing wrong )that gets this to work, Ive had no luck with larger maps with LMM3 Cheers M.E

Quote[/b] (MR EGG @ Jan. 27 2003,16:01)]p.p brilliant so you start off with 2048*1536 and this works no problem with LMM3? is there any thing you have done in particular (that I might be doing wrong )that gets this to work, Ive had no luck with larger maps with LMM3 Cheers M.E
    Not sure if I get what your asking M.E.

What I did is supply the BMP for LMM3 in the size 2048*1536. It runs through LMM3 and creates LukMaps of 2048*1536 and 4096*3072. I open them in Photoshop and convert them to PNG. I then open them in Mithel's tool and import the default MTW colour palette. I save it to LBM via Mithel's tool and copy them to MTW. I copy the script file plus Bif files to the FactionSelect and Campmap directory. I then copy my own made LOTR MapTex.TGA (2048*1536 and 4096*3072) to the texture directory and voila, a working campaign Well, except for a few problems but for that please read my previous post.

Hope this answer your question

P.P.

Thanks P.P yes it does answer most of my question,but when I run any larger maps I get an error message:

Line:1031
    Char:7
    Error subscript out of range:'[number1]'
    Code:800A0009
    ScourcemicrosoftVb script runtime error

Quote[/b] (MR EGG @ Jan. 27 2003,16:26)]Thanks P.P yes it does answer most of my question,but when I run any larger maps I get an error message:

M.E.

I had some weird errors too a few times with VBS crashes. But I solved it by downloading LMM2 and LMM3 again from the Org and making a complete fresh copy. I also updated all the files used by LMM (several DLL's etc) and after that everything worked again. But only making a fresh LMM3 directory with fresh MapFolder-test files solves the trick usually.

P.P.

OK thanks P.P I'll try that

Quote[/b] (MR EGG @ Jan. 27 2003,10:26)]Thanks P.P yes it does answer most of my question,but when I run any larger maps I get an error message:

There was a bug that I thought I'd fixed in LMM3 (I'll recheck it).

The problem I had was if I copied the parameters.txt file from one mapfolder to another but left the "SameRegion=(r,g,b)" or "LandBridge=(r,g,b) paramters in then I got this same crash. The problem is if LMM did'nt find the colours on the map it screwed up later. I thought I'd fixed it.

I think for LMM4 I'll change the name of the program from lukmapmaker to LMM4 - so just we can all be sure were running the correct version.

Anyway I'll you with update the LMM4 progress later (busy testing something at the moment - LMM4 NOW WRITES THE TGA's as well&#33

So what? Well ... I'm impressed

Welly

Mr Egg,
    BTW - check my post on Barrocca's thread regarding UPLOADING FILES ...

Quote[/b] (Wellington @ Jan. 27 2003,17:50)]So what? Well ... I'm impressed
    Good job Wellington When will it be released?

Quote[/b] (PanthaPower @ Jan. 27 2003,11:54)]
    Quote[/b] (Wellington @ Jan. 27 2003,17:50)]So what? Well ... I'm impressed
    Good job Wellington When will it be released?
    A couple of days maybe. I still have some things to do -

- finish the byterun1 encoding (the comression algorithm) for the 2 lukmap files
    - finish checking for 'silly errors'
    - change the scaling of the minimap.bif and minilukup.bif to reflect the real MTW sizes (at present LMM always 'fills' the space in these 2 bifs to reflect your map size - what it SHOULD do is size these small images relative to the 2048x1536 size

This means LMM4 will now produce true filetypes for the LBMs and TGAs (as well as the Bifs). The TGA,s are just created from the "xxx_Original.bmp" users map and if they are smaller than the MTW sizes they are either -

- tiled with wood (what you see MTW)
    - tiled with any other image the users wants (a new optional file you can put in the mapfolders "BorderTile.bmp")

Looks really good

Installer/Backout
    -----------------

I was trying to get an Installer/Backout facility in LMM4. This now makes sense as we have all 8 maps and the Script.txt (later on we'll have the various translated files in the loc/eng as well) so it makes sense to have an installer that just copies certain files from the MTWfiles folder into the correct locations in the users modding copy of MTW. The idea is also for the user to optionally provide a 'list' of all things (images/icons) related to a specific mod and keep them in the MTWfiles folders. In this way we can use LMM(5/6?) totally install all components of a mod and also back them out. This means working on 2 or more mods at the same time will be easy-peasy

A bit to think about though because this requires the LMM user to have 2 MTW folders (unmodded and modded) so LMM can do the 'backpout' by just copying the relevant files from one MTW installation to the 2nd one.

Ok, back to testing

Welly

Great news cheers Wellington.
    I am impressed

Quote[/b] (dr3mew3vr @ Jan. 26 2003,22:21)]Question for you Wellington. Is there any way to make it so LMM doesn't have to go through the lookuptable.txt chronologically down the list automatically when deciding which regions to put into the map and script file one creates? What I mean is that if you only have two provinces on your map, those provinces will always be Scotland and North Umbria, etc., etc., with Sicily always last...going down the list. Is it possible for you to modify LMM so that the user can pick which region ids that he wants to use in his map (besides specifying the names in RegionNames.txt)?
    Dreamweaver,

I'm writing this up for you now as a forerunner to a 'Technical Guide'. I'll post it ASAP.

Also I really would like your feedback/ideas/opinions on what I write up as your probably aware that yourself and the other guys in this small (albeit extremely competent&#33 team are doing far more testing/investigation that I can currently do, and coming up with excellent observations, considerations and suggestions that I've not even considered.

This is great as it provides me with intelligent feedback that I trust and hence saves me a lot of time in terms of trial and testing the results of LMM/MTW on my own.

At present my time is more taken up with the writing and testing of LMM4 - OF WHICH I AM EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH Don't want to get you too excited but I really think LMM4 is the release that finally cracks ALL of the 'technical' issues - and I mean ALL Other important issues (ID_SWITZERLAND, the pope, the golden horde, ... ) are LOGICAL issues that, whilst being critical to anyone producing new mod's, we can all contribute towards solving.

So, my apologies if I hav'nt replied to your post's as much as I'd like to. I'm watching this thread for ideas whilst being busy juggling half-a-dozen other balls with only one hand

Welly

Very quickly I should say that the problems you guys see with some regions in the LMM generated campaign games may (and I mean MAY&#33 be a result of the LMM 'adjacent regions logic' not being done correcty. I'm really not 100% happy with this part of the code as it relies on the user producing thin (preferably 1 pixel - no more than 2 pixels) border lines on their map.

LMM scans the users map from left to right. It tries to find adjacent regions by looking at the next 1 or 2 pixels. This can go wrong if a "Pink" boder is too thick. The referance '.bmp' ("REf_Adjacents.bmp") tries to show exactly where LMM has determined 2 different regions exists. All it shows is a single white pixel that LMM has determined (via the LMM program logic) represents the 1st indication (scanning left to right) that there are 2 different regions that are also adjacent.

I'm looking at this area of code right now. The best advice would be -

- if you have strange considerations regarding 2 adjacent regions on the MTW map, have a Look at the "Ref_adjacents.bmp". DO these 2 regions have a white pixel that looks to be adjacent to both of these regions? If now maybe the LMM algorithm for this bit opf processing needs rethinking (I'm, looking at it now and trying to work out all the possibilities).

The problem is at present that it's absolutely impossible for me to code LMM to deal 100% correctly with all of the potential input.

MTW does'nt have such a problem. The MTW map's are 'fixed' and should be considered as CONSTANTS in terms of the MTW engine. Therefore MTW does'nt have to conceren itself with such issues.

LMM is trying to do something different. LMM is trying to allow any modder to build there own campaign, based on the visable inherent rules that we see in MTW, whjilst providing all the required/correct technical files that MTW expects.

In other words - it's quite easy for any engine (MTW) if the INPUT RULES are fixed (ie: constants). LMM is attempting to provide INPUT RULES that are NOT fixed (ie: variable) and such variable rules change for any single map that any modder is trying to make into an MTW campaign.

A very big differnce - but not a showshopper My intention is to ensure LMM provides the required flexability for "The Orgs" modders to write/draw/develope there own campaigns.

I'm sure we are going to hit a lot of problems on the way. I'm also absolutely convinced that we can push this MTW engine (via LMM) to the limits.

Ok, I was just thinking out loud with the above diatribe - bear with me

Welly

Wellington,

I see you are getting very impressed by the new LMM4 functionality. I'm curious to see the new improvements and I'm sure it will make the modding and testing stage quicker and easier again. Looking forward to beta-test it.

About the bordr issues that we run into. Well, if you have a close look at the topic that I wrote concerning the three regions which mix up you see that two regions are borders but one is not There are even two seperate regions between it (the livonia unit issue). So your theory about the pixel width might be true in some cases but not in all We need to do more testing on this and I hope the other guys can test this too in their campaigns if it's always the same id_region's that are causing troubles or that it seems to be random. I haven't found any clue yet.

OKay, I call it a day. I'm going to have some rest. Speak to you guys tomorrow.

Panthapower.

Wellington,

maybe there's a small clue here. Look at the three pictures. In the script file the Almohads get Scotland and Livonia.

As you can see in the Ref_Identifiers.bmp Livonia is at the top.

IN the faction select screen however Livonia is displayed (orange colour) at the place where Volga Bulgaria should be indetified

In the MiniMap Livonia is also displayed (orange colour) at the place where Volga Bulgaria should be indetified But you can see the castle and title's are placed correctly in the main map (lukmap).

What I am thinking about is that there migth be a relation/interaction between the Mini-map/factionselect screen and the LukMap for units placement/origins etc????? I mean, it's curious to see that the minimap and factionselect screen both show an incorrect place for the ID_Livonia region. Maybe the Bif_palette or Bif creation procedure in LMM3 is wrong?

Well, I hope these pictures are of help for you. If you don't understand my example, please ask for more screenshots or more details.

Panthapower

P.P.

Love the maps I always think a picture speaks a thousand words. I'll have a better look at these images tommorow and also maybe 'sit back' for the day and consider the implications of what I've now seen/heard from yourself, Mr Egg, Dreamweaver, etc ., and how LMM is currently some stuff.

BTW, great to see your image of MiddleEarth in the faction select menu, the Almohad Orange colour. Just shows me that LMM3 does it's job LMM4 will be better Together we are all getting there Great progress Guys.

Welly

P.P.

Forgot to say .. regarding the land province values (4000+) that LMM generates in the Script for your LoTR map.

HOW DARE YOU CALL MY CODE ""RANDOM"" This value is actually calculated on a very scientific basis

It's actually 5% of the pixel count (the total number of pixels in any land region). Random Ie: the value of the land is diectly proportional to the land area.

I'll change this to make it a constant value - 150?

Allow me to assure you P.P. that, although my code may well be considered 'random' by the unenlightened, many people do not share my 'sphere of enlightenment'

If I do appear to write 'random code' on occasion - then please rest assured ...

... there will be a damn good reason for it

Welly

Quote[/b] (Wellington @ Jan. 28 2003,02:14)]P.P.

Forgot to say .. regarding the land province values (4000+) that LMM generates in the Script for your LoTR map.

HOW DARE YOU CALL MY CODE ""RANDOM"" This value is actually calculated on a very scientific basis

It's actually 5% of the pixel count (the total number of pixels in any land region). Random Ie: the value of the land is diectly proportional to the land area.

I'll change this to make it a constant value - 150?

Allow me to assure you P.P. that, although my code may well be considered 'random' by the unenlightened, many people do not share my 'sphere of enlightenment'

If I do appear to write 'random code' on occasion - then please rest assured ...

... there will be a damn good reason for it

Welly
    Wellington,

I never accused you of random code. In fact, my exact words are: "I see that the "income" value in SetAttributes seems totally random.". But if I offended you, my sincere apologies.

But now I know your code is not random and actually uses some intelligent calculation ( ) could you keep using this formula but cap the limits to lets say 650?

If this is a bad idea, just tell me.

P.P.

Quote[/b] (Wellington @ Jan. 28 2003,00:55)]P.P.

Love the maps I always think a picture speaks a thousand words. I'll have a better look at these images tommorow and also maybe 'sit back' for the day and consider the implications of what I've now seen/heard from yourself, Mr Egg, Dreamweaver, etc ., and how LMM is currently some stuff.

BTW, great to see your image of MiddleEarth in the faction select menu, the Almohad Orange colour. Just shows me that LMM3 does it's job LMM4 will be better Together we are all getting there Great progress Guys.

Welly
    Wellington,

I see you liked those Middle Earth map pictures huh? Good I hope other people will think the same when it's released.
    But about the information in the images, I'm really curious to hear what you say about it. I didn't have the time to actually test my ideas yet and today I will not have much time either so it would be great if someone else could evaluate what's going wrong in the bifs/lukmap/script.

About your idea of sitting back today and let all the new info sink in, I think that is a good idea. I'm sure it is very hard for you to keep up with the new ideas we post, the results of tests, the crashes and the causes that we are thinking of, posting here at the Dungeon and also write the code for the new LMM version at the same time. Seems you have a full-time job there

Anyway, keep up the good work Wellington

P.P.

Wellington,

I did a quick check concerning the Bifs for lukup that are created by LMM.

I opened an original MTW minilukup.bif and had a look inside the palette. I then opened an minilukup.bif generated by LMM and compared these numbers to the ones of MTW. I concluded that there doesn't seem to be any error.

I then opened the original MTW minilukup.bif again and checked the palette slot and colour for Livonia and Smolensk (slot 26 and 28). I compared that to the minilukup.bif generated by LMM and noticed that slot 26 and 28 are given to the wrong regions (refering to Ref_Identifiers.bmp)

So my conclusion is that the regions which are specified in Ref_Identifiers.bmp are in some cases not correctly processed into the LukMap.lbm or minilukup.bif. There is nothing wrong with the BifPallette in the Default directory of LMM.

P.P.

Guys,

I FOUND THE BORDER PROBLEM
    I'll explain it below.

I checked an original MTW Lukmap.lbm and looked up the values for Livonia and Smolensk. Here are the values:
    Livonia - Slot 26 - RGB 195-179-163
    Smolensk - Slot 28 - RGB 211-195-179

I then check an original MTW Minilukup.bif and looked up the values for Livonia and Smolensk. Here are the values:
    Livonia - Slot 26 - RGB 136-96-160
    Smolensk - Slot 28 - RGB 168-128-176

Now I looked in Ref_Colours.bmp and compared the data. Notice that the colours are NOT the same as specified in the LBM pallette/slot

As you can see, LMM sometimes attaches the wrong ID_Region to the the wrong slot

Hope you can find the cause of the problem Wellington.

Panthapower

Quote[/b] (PanthaPower @ Jan. 28 2003,05:20)]Guys,

I FOUND THE BORDER PROBLEM
    I'll explain it below.

I checked an original MTW Lukmap.lbm and looked up the values for Livonia and Smolensk. Here are the values:
    Livonia - Slot 26 - RGB 195-179-163
    Smolensk - Slot 28 - RGB 211-195-179

I then check an original MTW Minilukup.bif and looked up the values for Livonia and Smolensk. Here are the values:
    Livonia - Slot 26 - RGB 136-96-160
    Smolensk - Slot 28 - RGB 168-128-176

Now I looked in Ref_Colours.bmp and compared the data. Notice that the colours are NOT the same as specified in the LBM pallette/slot

As you can see, LMM sometimes attaches the wrong ID_Region to the the wrong slot

Hope you can find the cause of the problem Wellington.

Panthapower
    PP,

Brilliant I'm checking this whole area right now. There may be a work-a-round in LMM3. Give me an hour or 2 to check all this.

One other thing I'm putting into LMM4 is the ability to include or exclude regions for any users map. Just optional parameters in 'Parameters.txt', for example -

IncludeRegion=ID_SWITZERLAND
    ExcludeRegion=ID_SCOTLAND
    ExcludeRegion=ID_WALES

This then forces LMM4 to ALWAYS use some region id's and/or NEVER use some regions id's. Will help a lot with testing.

Guys,

The problem is that the LMM 'Lookuptable.txt' is wrong. The region ID_Volga_Bulgaria (slots 26/27) is in the wrong place and this throws the whole rest of the table out of sync with the lukmaps.

Have look in loc/eng names.txt the order should be -

@{"Muscovy"}
    @{"Livonia"}
    @{"Smolensk"}
    @{"Ryazan"}
    @{"Chernigov"}
    @{"Lithuania"}
    @{"Pereyaslavl"}
    @{"Volga-Bulgaria"}

which is an entry-ordered table in names.txt - now look at the table a bit lower down -

["Muscovy"] {"Muscovy"}
    ["Volga-Bulgaria"] {"Volga-Bulgaria"}
    ["Livonia"] {"Livonia"}
    ["Smolensk"] {"Smolensk"}
    ["Ryazan"] {"Ryazan"}
    ["Chernigov"] {"Chernigov"}
    ["Lithuania"] {"Lithuania"}
    ["Pereyaslavl"] {"Pereyaslavl"}
    ["Khazar"] {"Khazar"}

This is the table I used to build the 'Lookuptable.txt' but it's wrong as the table above is NOT order-entry, rather its just keyword entry.

Basically I was looking at the wrong table

I've corrected the table now for LMM4. Just replace the entries inyour LMM3 table as follows -

024,025 Land ID_Muscovy "Muscovy"
    026,027 Land ID_Livonia "Livonia"
    028,029 Land ID_Smolensk "Smolensk"
    030,031 Land ID_Ryazan "Ryazan"
    032,033 Land ID_Chernigov "Chernigov"
    034,035 Land ID_Lithuania "Lithuania"
    036,037 Land ID_Pereyaslavl "Pereyaslavl"
    038,039 Land ID_Volga_Bulgaria "Volga Bulgaria"
    040,041 Land ID_Khazar "Khazar"

Excellent job PP

Welly

Ahhh, ofcourse. I was so excited with finding the error that I didn't check the lookuptable.txt...
    But about the names.txt, this is a perfect example that whoever worked on this part of MTW at CA didn't make our modding life easier. There are so many mistakes in all the original script files. I'm sure we'll bump into more of these errors which mess up our mods.

Anyway, Wellington, great that you gave us the new entries for the new table. Saves me time to look through the files myself to check if everything is alright.

Okay, I'll try a new run with LMM now but I'm only able to test it late this evening.

P.P.

Quote[/b] (PanthaPower @ Jan. 28 2003,06:29)]Ahhh, ofcourse. I was so excited with finding the error that I didn't check the lookuptable.txt...
    But about the names.txt, this is a perfect example that whoever worked on this part of MTW at CA didn't make our modding life easier. There are so many mistakes in all the original script files. I'm sure we'll bump into more of these errors which mess up our mods.

Anyway, Wellington, great that you gave us the new entries for the new table. Saves me time to look through the files myself to check if everything is alright.

Okay, I'll try a new run with LMM now but I'm only able to test it late this evening.

P.P.
    Just ran Britain test again with the new table. The lukmap is now in sync. I'll test this tonight also.

Yeah ... it's annoying when professional programmers/systems people do think in a sloppy manner. It's make support a real pain ... still that's only human nature. No ones perfect.

I was strongly suspicious at first, just after I managed to get LMM2 to generate a good Script. It appeared to there were some 'hard coded' considerations in the MTW engine (ie: ID_Scotland must ALWAYS be adjacent to ID_North_umbria - that sort of thing). Seems it's not the case which is really gratifying. However, there may well be some hard coded considerations with some regions. Maybe ID_Malta must always be an Island? Can't tell yet but it's something to be aware of.

I'll change "Ref_Colours.bmp" to add the slot numbers on the left hand side.

Just so you know I've totally restructured LMM4. This was necessary as the code was growing and I needed to do some things in order to prepare the structure for LMM5/LMM6 (I know what I want to incorporate for these 2 releases). Therefore LMM4 will be a totally new release - NOT an upgrade to LMM3.

Welly

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast