Thread: Where is everyone ?

Smile Where is everyone ?

Greetings,

Been having lots of fun with Roman Wars but I worry that no further mods will be released as it's been too quiet in here. I am willing to help with modding if required but please confirm that you have plans for more mods!

Thank you

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: Where is everyone ?

Hi Leith,

Glad you're enjoying Roman Wars!

You'll be pleased to know that the lack of recent activity is due to lack of time rather than lack of plans. Things just got put on the back-burner for a while, and I'm hoping 2011 will see more free time to finish off the Eastern campaigns.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Hello macsen,

It's good to hear from you! Your mods have been inspiring to me to the point where I might be doing a mod myself for public release. Please accept my thanks and support for any further projects. Right now I am re-skinning some of the Hellenic Total War bifs and if you decide to proceed next year with your mod, I might show you what I've done in case you think it's good enough to be included. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the Totalwar fans out there!

Best Regards

These forums are pretty dead. I have been playing mods for MTW for about four months but dont post much or see any new threads to post in. I really like The Ancient Total War Mod and even prefer it over RTW!!! I look forward to any upcoming releases to ATW!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Gaiseric,

Thanks for the comments... I first picked up on Hellenic TW when I was waiting for RTW to be released, and to be honest, it does beat it into a cocked hat, doesn't it? Didn't realise at the time where it would lead me!

I'm looking forward to getting back on track with ATW2 (The Eastern Empires) as that's been weighing on me a bit. Obviously, keep an eye out here for any announcements ....

Discussion forum thread

macsen rufus--it's wonderful to see a modder--a great one, at that--who is still active on the forums! I want to add my voice to those above (hail, Gaiseric and Leith) and say that I am a big fan of your work. The forums might be "slow" at the moment (to put it mildly), but I want you to know that there are still those of us who appreciate your hard work. A tip of the hat to you, sir. I look forward to your future endeavours.

Hello everyone,

You see, friends, the reason why these forums are "dead" is because lurkers just don't post. I used to be a lurker myself but then I realized, hopefully not too late, that eventually the community of this game will die out if we continue to lurk around without making some comments about the mods we downloaded and liked or disliked. This game is a gem not because I'm a fan of 'old' games but because it does have potential which, in my opinion, has not been fully realized. But with modders like macsen rufus still around, perhaps the future of this game is not so bleak :)

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I haven't been active in this forum in a long time, but I noticed your post, Leith, and I think you have a very good point. Thanks for coming out of the woodwork and being a part of the solution.

Indeed, modders are gems, a big part of what has made this place glitter.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Hey,

I hope you guys don't give up with this mod. I for one have been looking for a developed Ancient mod total war for awhile and I like to see this continue to develop. Hopefully this mod continues to evolve and maybe use the same engine of Rome Total War but in the Ancient war era. Rather then have the 'turns' be a year, I hope this changes to say 4 months or something like that. In other words, a year passes by with 4 turns rather then 1.

But keep it up! I hope to see an update sometime soon!

I love playing as Egypt on Ancient: Total War. After all this time there is STILL not a mod for RTW which covers the era of Ancient Egypt, Assyria, the Hittites, etc. and I keep coming back to this one.

Cool I'm back!

After a hideously long hiatus I have returned to the project. Unfortunately a very severe computer death means I lost all my original research and most of the modding tools I had.

However, the good news is that I am now working on the Eastern Empires (Ancient 2) and will release an updated Ancient 1 (European/Mid East Bronze Age). Nothing new on Ancient 3 (Roman Wars) - I'd love to do a Conquest of Gaul scenario for that, but that will depend on finding the right tools...

Currently in progress: a few tweaks for the Alexander campaign, and I have a Rise of Persia campaign that is coming together much quicker than I expected. I hope to get a beta release of Ancient 2 out in a few weeks (with improved Alexander and the basic Rise of Persia included). Then work begins on the Diadochi.

A quick taster for RoP:

Factions:

Athens
    Sparta
    Ionian Greeks
    Persia (duh!)
    The Medes
    Neo-Babylonian Empire
    Gandhara
    Illyria
    The Scythians
    Egypt (26th Dynasty)
    Thracians
    Macedonians
    Argives

Edit to add: and the Lydians of course!

Ok, so the Greek world is a bit sketchy, but there are two reasons for this: a) the map concentrates on Asia; b) that's what HTW is for...

More later
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 06-02-2016 at 00:30. Reason: Oooops...

Discussion forum thread

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default Re: I'm back!

Howdy Mac my friend ...!!
    Im still here
    & its good too see you back here again with an anouncment ....... as all the available 2.53 downloads have the wrong textures/men files .
    Ive been quietly working in my spare time & in the background on our beloved pre-roman troops , as my journey into importing Civ3 units stalled .
    I'll get you upto speed with that email & some news on a working map of Mesoptamia also .
    cheers for now

Hi Dimitrios,

Good to see at least one of the old crowd still hanging in there!

I was about to post a couple of screenies for Rise of Persia, but forgot my photobucket password....

I've managed to get back into a position where I can work with bifs and bufs and lbms again, so I can now do more than just rehash existing material for the scenario. And I've just downloaded install creator again, so I can post up my current version of 2.53... well, no, it will be the stripped down, cleaned out "Age of Chariots" as intended many years ago, everything else will be in the Roman Wars and Eastern Empires packages.

Anyway, gotta dash, work beckons....

EDIT to add... will move this discussion to the Eastern Empires thread
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 06-03-2016 at 15:47. Reason: update

Discussion forum thread

Excellent news Mac ... "Age of Chariots"
    I totally agree , stripping it down gives you more room to get the best gameplay one can possibly get .
    Do upload soon , as im itching to play this latest improved version ( I last played V2 )
    btw ........ did you get my map & other goodies via email ?
    cheers

Hi Dimitros,

I'm making progress on ATW2, managed to get three new units up and running (see the other thread for eye-candy )

And thanks, yes, your email has arrived, which is a bit different to saying I have it.... long story, but my PC won't access Hotmail anymore so I need to go to the library to get into it. I tried to forward your email to my other account, but it failed, so I guess it will be easier to pop back to the library with a datastick and download the stuff there. I'll try that on Monday.

Ummmm, seems I stayed up a bit late - it's getting light outside

I'll see if I can get the new version of ATW1 into an installer this week then. I need to sort out some way to make it available, I'm a bit out of touch on file-sharing options these days...
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 06-05-2016 at 04:32.

Discussion forum thread

Welcome back, Macsen Rufus! I almost gave up on you :) So happy to know you're working on Eastern Empires. I look forward to about your progress.

Welcome back Leith ...
    I was lurking for a few months then voila !!!
    Macsen appears again
    Anyway , My skills have improved immensely & I'm helping macsen now
    Check out the other thread too see some new re-skins that I have already done .
    Please post some of your new Hellenic skins , im sure we could use them !!
    Anyway good to see the thread starter back .
    & You are supporter number #3
    Long Live Ancient Total War
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 07-05-2016 at 08:55.

And here's a fourth whose interested. Big fan of this mod in the past. I know my way around the files and have had bughunter credit on various mods, eg Redux. Keen to see the new version, and happy to help in any way i can - but I'm no artist!

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    And here's a fourth whose interested. Big fan of this mod in the past. I know my way around the files and have had bughunter credit on various mods, eg Redux. Keen to see the new version, and happy to help in any way i can - but I'm no artist!
    Welcome back Western , I remember you popping up on various threads from way back
    Macsen will have a beta out soon & no worries about not being an artist , bughunting is a big plus !
    cheers

Welcome back, guys

Work continues apace, and the new releases will be bigger and better than before... but then I'm sure you've already seen that in other threads. It's good to be back in the saddle.

Discussion forum thread