Thread: For Every Item You don't But on Amazon I will Buy Two

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default For Every Item You don't But on Amazon I will Buy Two

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...hile-book.html
    Put your money where your mouth is
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: For Every Item You don't But on Amazon I will Buy Two

Well, pedos need something on their Kindles, too.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I'm guessing it's a honeypot put on by the feds.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

I was going to ask who would publish this kind of thing but noted that it's Amazon/self-published!

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    I was going to ask who would publish this kind of thing but noted that it's Amazon/self-published!
    .....Which means that it hasn't been published by a publishing house, but rather by the author himself...

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    .....Which means that it hasn't been published by a publishing house, but rather by the author himself...
    Yep, but surely amazon should have foreseen this right? Or at least just check that, y'know, people aren't writing manuals on peodophilia, making snuff films, terrorism etc.

Stop press: Usama bin Laden's memoires available exclusively through Amazon.com for Amazon Kindle TM.

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Yep, but surely amazon should have foreseen this right? Or at least just check that, y'know, people aren't writing manuals on peodophilia, making snuff films, terrorism etc.

Stop press: Usama bin Laden's memoires available exclusively through Amazon.com for Amazon Kindle TM.
    From the article:

Amazon said in a statement that it "believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable."

Amazon said in a statement that it "believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable."

So Amazon believes that censorship means what it says in the dictionary. What a non answer. Pathetic.

well, the article is even funnier.

The company issues guidelines banning certain materials, including offensive content, illegal items and educational test solution manuals. However, Amazon does not elaborate on what might be considered inappropriate content, stating that "what we deem offensive is probably what you would expect."
    And then it says they removed it.

Also,

"While I deplore the agenda of this book, I defend the author's right to say what he wants and the readers' rights to read what they wish as long as it doesn't escalate into something more than speech," one wrote.
    I find this kind of self-grooming, facile parroting to be disgusting. "Oh look I'm just like voltaire!"
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 11-11-2010 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    I find this kind of self-grooming, facile parroting to be disgusting. "Oh look I'm just like voltaire!"
    You hear that all the time from various Americans who pretend that you have freedom of speech and then ask for pedo books to be banned.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

This isn’t censorship of free speech. Censorship is when the Government prohibits anyone from publishing or selling a book. This is a business decision.
    A business is under no obligation to sell anything that they feel won't sell or may hurt their business. I imagine the firestorm of protest and loss of customers exercising their freedom to shop elsewhere inspired Amazon to drop this disgusting filth.

There is also potential legal ramifications. Encouraging people to follow a particular behaviour or course of action that results in serious crime can be considered solicitation and could lead to lawsuits. The fact that the author points to a teacher who has abused a child as an example of what he hopes to achieve from the book just confirms that he is hoping that readers will commit a serious crime and therefore it seems likely he is guilty of solicitation (but not having read the book of course it is impossible to be definitive). As it has been made available internationally via Amazon I’d be surprised that there isn’t a D.A. or prosecutor somewhere willing to take this case on.
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 11-12-2010 at 13:03.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    This isn’t censorship of free speech. Censorship is when the Government prohibits anyone from publishing or selling a book. This is a business decision.
    A business is under no obligation to sell anything that they feel won't sell or may hurt their business. I imagine the firestorm of protest and loss of customers exercising their freedom to shop elsewhere inspired Amazon to drop this disgusting filth.
    /thread

I don't know why they even brought up freedom of speech anyway...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Done. I didn't buy this, so you now need to buy two of them.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't buy this, Strike. So when you get two, could I have the 2nd one from you for free?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."