Thread: Still no Multiplayer Info

Default Still no Multiplayer Info

Is it just me thats frustrated by this? couldent they at least let us know what theyre working on i couldent give a hoot about the new game modes i want to know if hosting and drops are getting fixed, if were going to get a map editor or at least every map in the campaign available for multiplay and if were getting a fully functional chat lobby. Tell me this and you can still keep the multiplayer revolution secret.. Since the single player community have already been informed that CA are fixing AI (it wont go out the door untill its perfect/fine/dumbness avoidance certified) that naval invasions will work and other stuff will work right are we to assume that since the multiplayer problems (not features or revolutions) have not even been brough up by CA that theyre not even bothering with them? How is mike simpsons dream of multiplayer being as popular as single player to be realised if theres not a push to make multiplayer solid before adding bells and whistles?

And who are the new Multiplayer team, shouldent they at least participate in discussions with the community or at the very least introduce themselves? We dont bite and are eager to help you guys in any way possible to improve multiplayer. Get some polls up and run some ideas past the community..
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 11-16-2010 at 16:19.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Default Re: Still no Multiplayer Info

can't say I am not surprised by the lack of info, but maybe it will be worth waiting patiently for some info :P

maybe they're getting all the "crappy" info out of the way to smack us in the face with the "revolution" info later on.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Smacking in the face is not always a good thing :) Im impatient as i dont see any benefit from witholding information so close to release i mean theres 16 weeks left..

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

it could be an attempt to build some hype...or maybe they're scrambling to fix the problems -_-

either way...its going to be a smack to the face...remains to see whether for good or for bad :P

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

The multiplayer team went to lunch , Mike simpson has nothing to say as they havent returned yet. Must be a really big lunch with revolutions to discuss . But ye a bit annoying they cant devulge anything about the MP side. Im thinking it was probly last on the list to develop as they put more into the singleplayer side, and its not finished yet. Cant really give the public anything to chew on if it ends up not showing up in the final product.
    I obey the rose.

Honour and Friendship

for me more important would be if they give us a signal that they see and underscore our current MP-problems....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyReborn View Post
    The multiplayer team went to lunch , Mike simpson has nothing to say as they havent returned yet. Must be a really big lunch with revolutions to discuss . But ye a bit annoying they cant devulge anything about the MP side. Im thinking it was probly last on the list to develop as they put more into the singleplayer side, and its not finished yet. Cant really give the public anything to chew on if it ends up not showing up in the final product.
    The last supper kind of lunch, perhaps? ;)

tempiic are you still playing NTW mp?

Buddha

Uhm sorta not really at the moment.

I am kinda busy in the process of buying a house, which kinda eats up lots of time. And I lost a RAM bank, without it, playing NTW online isn't really an option I've noticed, and I haven't had the time yet to replace it.

That, and well, a lack of maps, a one-dimensional gameplay and some steam instability on saturdays kinda makes it not a priority for me at the moment. Still enjoy the occasional naval battle, but thats mainly against AI due to RAM issues. ;)

**Now my ram issue is solved, quite fast delivery.
    Last edited by Tempiic; 11-22-2010 at 20:55. Reason: Got my ram!

So I played a couple of naval games again last monday, and quite a few land games yesterday online. Dunno, seems for whatever reason I have much more affinity and feeling with naval than land in this game, judging my control, levels of frustration and reading the battle. How odd is that? Btw, I did enjoy myself yesterday as well as monday.

Anyways, you guys think this revolutionary mp thing they have planned and are being very tight-lipped about could perhaps perhaps be an attempt to implement battle objectives in our mp games? Hence these temples with auraus I saw hinted at in some threads?
    Last edited by Tempiic; 11-24-2010 at 16:15. Reason: An attempt to stay on topic

more revolutionary would be to give us the same feeling during battles as we had in mtw stw..... battles in ntw are much harder to "read"....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

One of these years they may understand that the community mainly plays online for the realtime battles, one day they might actually refine that basic element before they start adding all the bells and whistles that hardly anyone uses. On the whole the community plays single battles get it right please.

Totally agree Magy on the feeling aspect.
    Last edited by Sp00n; 11-30-2010 at 19:55.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

I saw an article that talks about how multiplayer will be battle based around a map that finds opponents but I haven't seen anything about a multiplayer campaign which is all i care about ;x

old thread with cobwebs :)

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    old thread with cobwebs :)
    Of course, this is the web after all.
    This space intentionally left blank

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, Calbrenar!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Sorry it was on the front page so I didn't check the date. Have they confirmed there's a multiplayer actual campaign yet? I've checked a few sites and not found any recent news releases

There will be a multiplayer campaign 1v1, a cooperative campaign 2vs all the ai and a clan mini campaign clan vs clans in multiplayer :)

They havent spoken too much about the multiplayer campaign yet but they said its in so it will be at least 1v1 and if they were going to expand it i think we would know by now but you never know :p
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 01-05-2011 at 09:00.

Buddha

Thanks for the reply. Not to belabor the point.. but we got burned pretty badly with Empire. They confirmed these things will be present and functional at release? Not 6-12 months down the line in a semi functional beta state that will never be patched till the expansion? I'm not bitter lol.