Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Best of Both Worlds" .org Vs .net

Default "Best of Both Worlds" .org Vs .net

Hey guys I'm looking for four players to compete in a 8 player HS comprising the four most hardened Veterans from the .org HS Community pitched against their respective numbers from .net.
    I have spoke to some of the guys over in .net and have players ready to go, If any of you are interested post here and we'll get the ball rolling.
    The other issue is which Mod to use I would suggest either SS 6.3 or KGCM as I believe they are the most balanced.
    This HS will be very quick and should be very interesting, It will further strengthen the bonds between our respective communities and go along way to highlight HS's in general.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: "Best of Both Worlds" .org Vs .net

I think this is a great idea and I would encourage our Orgahs to take part.

Unfortunately I'm quite capacity constrained at the moment with hosting two games, playing in the RPG and also having just joined Triforce's game (which is almost two games for me because I'll be playing two factions)

So I won't join unless we really can't get four others to take part.

I'll do some work behind the scenes to see if I can get a team together.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

I'm game...

... as long as one of your "hardened" .net players isn't CiviC. Too stressed out to deal with any psychos right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirl al-Mustafa Mubarak View Post
    CiviC
    Lol - a tough competitor, to say the least..

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    So I won't join unless we really can't get four others to take part.
    Screw that.

I'm in. To the walls!

I'm in. To the walls!

Quote Originally Posted by grouchy13 View Post
    The other issue is which Mod to use I would suggest either SS 6.3 or KGCM as I believe they are the most balanced.
    Out of these two I would definitely prefer SS6.3, mainly so I don't have to install another mod..

I like your positive name "Best of Both Worlds" but if you'll allow me to suggest an alternative we could hype it up a bit and call it instead "When Worlds Collide"

Question: where will the game be hosted? Could we have it here in the Throne Room? We probably need the publicity more than you guys

So who's on the .net's side?

Cool, good response guys, to answer your question Phonics Monkey I was gonna have the Hotseats running parallel in both forums.
    To Overcome the problem of whether you guys have an account there I suggest we 2 admins who are not participating in the HS from both sites, Visorslash has accounts in both TWC and .org he can transfer saves and facilitate PM's to players and supply links to the saves etc etc.
    I have expalined it will be a lot of work but Visor is a good egg and is happy to do this for the benefit of both communites, if we can have an admin from here aswell it will further add to the impartiality.
    With 2 admins and quality players this could be an awesome HS, I will line up publicity on TWC for when we kick off if some of you .org guys do the same I believe it will generate alot of interest in this HS on both forums.

Could we do Broken Crescent? O:) SS is so sloooooooooooooow...

Just my preference.

BC is so badly balanced. KGCM would be good.

I agree with Visor that BC is unbalanced in auto resolve I suggest SS 6.3, Auto resolve all Battles and screens posted, two spies to open a settlements as the major rules the other explouts I'll post in the final thread,
    I think I have also figured out a fair way to distribute the factions, each team will select a Captain, the Captain will get first pick for his team I believe as .org have accepted TWC's challange they should get first pick then the TWC teams Captian will pick then each member will take there pick in alternate order between teams.
    This will save the hassle of a ranom pick and mean the big factions should be evenly distributed, it also means that the teams will have to pick stratigically so as to prevent the other team surrounding them etc etc, so hopefully we'll get a good representation of factions and they will be fairly distributed.
    What do you guys think?

Meh. I've never had a problem playing with BC over here or at TWC. But whatev. You challengers can choose everything. ;D

SS sounds good. Grouchy's rules sound good.
    Last edited by Quirl; 11-23-2010 at 16:50.

Cool I know you and Phonics are in, the TWC Team is 75% confrimed and happy with SS, if you get another 2 guys soon we'll have this thing up and running in no time,I've heard thorugh the grape vine one of the good players round is here is called askthepizzaguy do you know him, would he compete?

askthepizzaguy is in. We're just looking for one more player. Unfortunately, Barcamartin can't compete. Too bad, 'cos he's one of the good ones...

The Org team so far is:

- phonicsmonkey
    - Quirl al-Mustafa Mubarak
    - Askthepizzaguy

I'm waiting on a response from one other and I have two who have declined but are willing to step in if necessary.

So we're all go.

I guess I'm the team captain, unless any of the other Orgahs object.

If you want a non-player admin from the Org I think I know someone, I'll get back to you on that...

What do you mean by two spies to open a settlement? Just that? That we can open the gates as long as we have infiltrated with at least two spies?

cool good work mate, the two spy rule is what say on the tin two spies to open the gates.
    Let me know when we get a .org co admin for your info the TWC team is shaping up to be

Mordrorru as Captain
    Swarbs
    Incontinenta Buttox

and we're finalising the last pick

They have all agreed to SS 6.3 so hopefully we'll be starting soon

Incontinenta Buttox
    titter

What options are we choosing for SS6.3? I'm installing and it's asking me to choose an AI along with some other options...

fourth member of the TWC just this minute confirmed

StOuFf

as soon as you have your team ready mate let me know,

oh do you know IB?

the options we've found the most successful are disable real recruitment and Savage AI

oh do you know IB?
    Your fwiend in Wome?

No, just the Python reference...

Your fwiend in Wome?

No, just the Python reference...
    Lol it always raises a laugh, he's a good guy

Zim has agreed to be our admin.

Quirl is working on some graphics for the game thread, for sigs and banners etc.

Zim has agreed to be our admin.

Quirl is working on some graphics for the game thread, for sigs and banners etc.
    Excellent I have arranged a Front Page Announcement on TWC for when we start to generate Publicity on that front is there something similar here we could do( excuse my ignorance my knowledge of .org is severly limited unfortunatly ),
    I think if we start a new thread here and there to run the HS on we can run them parallel quite easily. The admins I believe should have accounts on Both sites incase one falls over I know Visor has, that way posts and saves can be transferred quickly and keep what should be a fast paced HS fluid.
    Nothing like this I believe has been tried before so there may be an element of learn it together as we go, but I'm sure from the commitment I've seen already from both sites and the positive attitudes displayed it will be well within our power to make it a success.

Excellent I have arranged a Front Page Announcement on TWC for when we start to generate Publicity on that front is there something similar here we could do( excuse my ignorance my knowledge of .org is severly limited unfortunatly )
    Zim is looking into that for us.

Thanatos Eclipse has agreed to be our fourth player. So the Orgsome Foursome is complete!

He can't start until next week - is that ok with you guys? We need to put our heads together about our faction picks anyway...and we're all totally unfamiliar with SS6.3 so that timing probably works for us. Also we could use the intervening few days to drum up some publicity.

We can start before he's back so long as we time it right so he's the last of our guys in the turn order..or one of us can play his first turn for him if that's acceptable? Let me know what you think.

Zim is looking into that for us.

Thanatos Eclipse has agreed to be our fourth player. So the Orgsome Foursome is complete!

He can't start until next week - is that ok with you guys? We need to put our heads together about our faction picks anyway...and we're all totally unfamiliar with SS6.3 so that timing probably works for us. Also we could use the intervening few days to drum up some publicity.

We can start before he's back so long as we time it right so he's the last of our guys in the turn order..or one of us can play his first turn for him if that's acceptable? Let me know what you think.
    Excellent news, the die is cast my friend next week it is, take the time to sort out these matters you speak we an both get our respective houses in order we can finalize the details over the weekend Friday is good day if need to get hold of me I'll get together with Visor and set up the Thread in TWC and look to begin next week, the guy running late matter is no issue I'm sure if he is running late on the time of his turn an extension or sub can be arranged no problem.

I think I have also figured out a fair way to distribute the factions, each team will select a Captain, the Captain will get first pick for his team I believe as .org have accepted TWC's challange they should get first pick then the TWC teams Captian will pick then each member will take there pick in alternate order between teams.
    As captain of the Orgsome Foursome I hereby pick the Holy Roman Empire.

Wow, I already had an account here, and yet don't remember ever being here before... Freaky.

So we're all totally unfamiliar with SS eh? This should be interesting then.

France, I choose you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrorru View Post
    Wow, I already had an account here, and yet don't remember ever being here before... Freaky.
    Everyone has an account at the org...they just need to find it...

Welcome noble foe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast