Thread: Hang on "Start Battle" with Lilibeo reinforcement battle

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Hang on "Start Battle" with Lilibeo reinforcement battle

1.2 with all the fixes in.

I've had a repeatable freeze/hang with a reinforcement battle on Sicilia. I'm besieging Lilibeo in the tile immediately east of the city, and a Karthadastim army attacks to break the siege from outside the city. Cue battle with reinforcement.

I deploy as normal, but the moment I click "Start Battle", the game hangs/freezes. Locks up and will do nothing.

I can see on the map that there's a load of impassable terrain where the garrison would come from, which I think is the source of the problem. Anyone else encountered this?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: Hang on "Start Battle" with Lilibeo reinforcement battle

I am also having this problem but it happens at Alexandria (I'm playing Romani, besieging Alexandria and attacked by a Ptolemaioi army from outside). What is weird is that even the game freezes but the sound still plays normally, I tried to press Ctrl+Alt+Del but it can't even get me out to desktop to press End Task on EB. Does anyone know have a solution on this?