Thread: RTW/EB-United People(Greek)

Default RTW/EB-United People(Greek)

Greetings guys, I haven't been on the guild in a long time but when I used to get on here all the time I started this thread called "Pics & History of your Empire" back in the first MTW series, and now apparently it escalated into a whole new sub-forums. That's great, I've been reading many of these AARs here and decided to start one myself.

The year is 223BC and Greece had much grown since it's earlier days as a small power that was supposably just in the way of the Macedonian and Selucid superpowers. The men and women of Greece decided to expand their borders and become a superpower.

Along with the allied Egyptians, we have held our ground against the Selucids and are on the attack now. Macedonia is no longer a threat due to past wars between them and my fellow Greeks.

We have decided to attack the selucid city of Sardis. My general has good numbers on his side so this should be an easy assault.

As the army broke the gates, a few ladders have been set up for my greek hoplites to take the walls...the bloodshed begins!

My fellow greeks finally took the city. The selucids surprisingly stood their ground strongly. I told my general "this is an emberassing victory to our nation! Look at how many great soldiers we have lost to their small army!" Next time we need to think more and strategize better.
    Last edited by PittBull260; 11-29-2010 at 23:23.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RTW/EB-United People(Greek)

Welcome back!

Btw, I've never played RTW but I will follow this AAR. It's sometimes more interesting to read other people stories than playing the actual game. And yes, I am serious!

P.S. Have in mind I slightly sympathize the Thracians.

Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-30-2010 at 00:30.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

After our successful minor expansion to the east, the Selucids stopped sending their armies at us. Giving us time to take care of our old enemy, the Macedonians. Due to my foolish underestimation of the Macedonians I left my homeland pretty much unprotected. Macedonia took advantage of this and started attacking my northern territories in Greece. We fought them off, but they were very close to inflicting significant damage. After this I decided my armies need to show the Macedonians they made a huge mistake setting foot into Greece.

Just north of Sardis (the city I took from the Selucids), Macedonia controlled the Large town Nikaia. I decided to lay siege to that town due to its strategical location, and I didn't want my enemies to be that close to my eastern borders, I already have the giant Selucid empire there, who I am sure is planning some kind of plan to take back their city. To my surprise the Macedonians counterattacked my army with quite a large sum of soldiers. About 2400 to my 1300

Although they have the numbers, my soldiers had the training and discipline to face them. Although this is the generals first battle, he has an elite army in his hands. I stood ground with my hoplites and hellenic spearmen waiting for the macedonians to gather up and come forth as one huge unit...and so they did. I knew my hoplites would hold them off giving me just enough time to send my noble greek cavalry to the enemies flanks and charge from their rear. And so they did, anihalating their missile units and finally their phalanx. Nikaia is ours!

The year is 218 BC. The United People of Greece have expanded into a threatening nation with intentions to be the most powerful empire since Alexander The Great! We have developed a great economy, our borders are closely guarded, our soldiers are elite, and our generals are capable and confident. What's next? The bully that has been at our footsteps before...the Selucid Empire. Along with our allies the Egyptians, we will take this superpower down..it will not be easy. My fellow Greeks told me of their "giant beasts" on the battlefield, I told them "Well then, we will bring giant spears."

Last edited by PittBull260; 11-30-2010 at 14:57.

After successfully securing our borders in the west, two of my generals decided to plan out how to overthrow the selucids. We came to the conclusion that we're not going to just march further east from our recently captured city of Sardis, but instead sail further southeast closer to our allies and attack the selucids right at the heart, Antioch!

My first general arrives on the shores of south Antioch and as soon as the army sets foot on the sand, the Selucids attack! My general has an elite and fresh army and they have been awaiting this...

Our army had slightly more men so this should be an easy win. But we learned from our mistakes, never underestimate the enemy. So we strategized and ambush. We executed a successfull flank with a few cavalry and mobile hoplites, the rest was history..

Soon after occupying Antioch, my 2nd general arrived on the shore. We didn't waste time and rapidly lay siege to Sidon, another very important and economically important city that the Selucids had. Fortunetly they didn't have many men at all anywhere around that city, the siege was over within a few weeks and we enslaved many selucids in that city. Now we have a good starting location for the invasion of the allmighty Selucids.

During this time, the Selucids left their western borders lightly protected...big mistake! I was amazed at their emperors ignorance, my Greeks were right next to your western borders! Of course I sent out an army with a few highly trained and legendary Spartan Hoplites. We occupied the town Side, and another army is on the way to lay siege to a town just north of Side and just east of my borders. Our United Greeks see nothing short of victory ahead!

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still here, btw... I don't think you are very rich, though... less than 1 000... Well, it's a war but...
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Cobra View Post
    Still here, btw... I don't think you are very rich, though... less than 1 000... Well, it's a war but...
    Thank you for reading kind sire.

Yes our financial status is not so great right now, we make just enough money every season to keep our military going. The good news is that we don't need many forces in the east anymore because it seems that Egypt is keeping the Selucids busy. The bad news is the Dacians are at war with us now and they have quite a large army throughout Europe.

More to come soon!

YEAR 177 BC
    the known world

Years have passed since my United Greeks have battled the selucids, we have conquered enough territory to link our homeland with the amazing city of Antioch. The Egyptians are to this day fighting them in the far east and southeast of Antioch. We decided there was no need for more bloodshed.

However, the Macedonians are a different story. Recently they have been spotted gathering a large army in a fort maybe a few days march from our city of Epidamons. My spies tell me that is the last of their military in that fort commanded by one of their best generals since Alexander, they left their capital almost unprotected. After a meeting with my generals, we decided to Attack that fort and shortly after take their capital!

Because of their well known and strategically educated general, we didn't assemble just a regular army. These were highly trained Spartans and Noble Greek Cavalry. They were born for this day, the day to wipe out the Macedonians! Their forts walls crumbled, and eventually they just could not defend against the enormously powerful combination of Spartan warriors and Noble Cavalry.

The Macedonian capital fell days after that battle...

With our rivals now Homeless, our empire decided to settle down and focus on the arts, engineering, studying the world, and other things besides conquest and war and bloodshed. We had our peace..

With the savage Dacians just north of us, we did not trust them. My guards caught four of their spies in my cities. We were very aware of them. Shortly after slaughtering their last spy, they attacked a small Greek army and wiped them out. This is war once again.

The Dacians and barbaric people, they have no mercy. They attacked a small town on the northern Greek borders. As soon as I sent an army to help, they gathered huge amounts of savage warriors, some fighting even naked! We met in the northern hills...

We knew nothing of how these people battled. My general couldn't plan well ahead of the battle. The men were in solid formation with the cavalry to the right and to the left of the center. Echoes of animal like screams, and bizarre noises came to our ears. Moments after we see their men marching towards us....

As they came forth my general shouted "There's too many of them to fight at once...we have to somehow separate them" And so he send half of the cavalry to march to the far west and the other half to the far east and get the Dacians attention. The bloodthirsty barbarians just wanted to see blood so a large sum of them started charging towards my horses on the west...and soon after another part of their army separates and chargers towards my horsemen on the other side of the battlefield.

As soon as they started chasing my horses...about 2/3 of my infantry charged forward and smashed into the Dacians, the other third of my infantry split in half and ran to the flanks of the enemies army. My cavalry had been chased far enough from the main force that the stubborn dacians couldn't even see their main force fighting my infantry. The horses went around and charged into the rear of the Dacian main force while they were fighting my brave Greeks on the frontlines. We surrounded them and slaughtered them. After that the divided enemy force quickly routed back to their home in the woods.

We do not know what more to expect from these new enemies, but we do know that we are at war. This is nothing new to us, we have greatly improved our economy and have enough resources to form another conquest...now to the cold north...

Last edited by PittBull260; 12-03-2010 at 08:15.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Heading North? North-East or North-West? Scythian cavalry could pose a problem towards a static Greek army, so I assume you'll be heading North-West towards Central Europe and then perhaps into Rome?
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Well this is great....This specific campaign crashes to desktop everytime I try to play it...I end the turn and about 1 minute later it just CTD. If i try a diferent campaign it works just fine, it's only this one Greek campaign.....oh well I guess that's how it is when u play a mod :(