Thread: [EB] Any christmas tournament? Any active players in general?

Default [EB] Any christmas tournament? Any active players in general?

I know that many people are busy in school most of the time, but I was wondering about the interval this month. Will there be any short tournament or other activity?

I have recently been playing M2TW online and have discovered that it does not matter how many players there are but it is rather more important to have a few experienced players. Either the players there in M2TW are as dumb as they can be or the clan-players simply just run people over with frontal charge of cav.

Maybe we do only need some 4-6 players for EB to make things work, regardless of some tournament or other events.

Default Re: Any christmas tournament? Any active players in general?

I agree EB online needs some more life...I've been wanting to give it a second shot but when I get on there isn't anyone online. One time about a week ago (or maybe it was two weeks) I almost played a game but it ended up not working out. But yea a Christmas tournament would be a good idea to get more people interested (or interested again). I also wonder if it would be better if the EB online stuff went back on the main EB forum, I feel like here it kinda gets forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuchip View Post
    I agree EB online needs some more life...I've been wanting to give it a second shot but when I get on there isn't anyone online. One time about a week ago (or maybe it was two weeks) I almost played a game but it ended up not working out. But yea a Christmas tournament would be a good idea to get more people interested (or interested again). I also wonder if it would be better if the EB online stuff went back on the main EB forum, I feel like here it kinda gets forgotten.
    Soo true.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Wait until N. Hemisphere summer.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

I'm back at the moment. I do not have much time but you'll see me in the network some times again now.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

I dont know about you guys but I think that the most simple way is that people meet in Gamespy where all the vanilla players are, but we should put 'EB' before our names (like ''EB-Randomer10'' - my new name) and try to meet at the chat lobby. This Hamachi thing is too limited for players all over the world whom want to play at their own convenient timing and meet at some one huge place rather than many small hamachi networks. I think I will not be playing EB the next weeks, but when I install it again then I will simple just ask people in Gamespy whether they wanna meet for the EB mod. I guess the weekends is the only time where people here wont be too busy.

Otherwise good to hear from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower View Post
    I dont know about you guys but I think that the most simple way is that people meet in Gamespy where all the vanilla players are, but we should put 'EB' before our names (like ''EB-Randomer10'' - my new name) and try to meet at the chat lobby. This Hamachi thing is too limited for players all over the world whom want to play at their own convenient timing and meet at some one huge place rather than many small hamachi networks. I think I will not be playing EB the next weeks, but when I install it again then I will simple just ask people in Gamespy whether they wanna meet for the EB mod. I guess the weekends is the only time where people here wont be too busy.

Otherwise good to hear from you all.
    That's the whole point of EB Online, to acknowledge the game's relatively small online community by the formation of a single, community-accepted multiplayer hub, effectively ridding of the former unimpeded proliferation of EB-related networks. The formation of such a hub was proven successful as early as May 2010.

N.B. The use of a VPN by EB Online brings the advantage of bypassing Gamespy, a quite old, tested and vast network that due to its monolithic nature poses certain troubles and frustrations, manifested for Total War series players by, among others, a series of disconnects, desynchronizations, and so forth.

Regarding the placement of EB multiplayer threads in the Guild's Rome: Total War multiplayer sub-forum, contact Ludens. As per formulation, EB's multiplayer would be relatively low in thread count because there is one introductory thread for EB Online and subsequent threads, one for each month in which a standard competition is to occur. Of course, the threads aren't created on a monthly basis as there isn't enough of a playerbase (see September 2010). As for ad hoc threads, such as this one, they are unpredictable, and therefore the placement of all such threads in this sub-forum is but the wisest of decisions.
    Last edited by vartan; 01-10-2011 at 09:20. Reason: grammar
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)