Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Islamist bomb attack on Sthlm, Sweden.

Default Islamist bomb attack on Sthlm, Sweden.

One person killed in the attack. The number of casualties means the police have now put aside the initial lead that it might have been Einstein planning it.

Further, it was made in close vicinity to the whole Nobel thing, just a day late. One would have thought the nutcase at LEAST could have striked some more valuable target.

One can just hope this tragic event will lead to people now taking a bigger interest in politics. Oh, and realising we are at war.
    Few are born with it, even fewer know what to do with it.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Default Re: Islamist bomb attack on Sthlm, Sweden.

Here's a link from WSJ. From this report it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Nobel Prize ceremony.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

There is a thread for this.

Yes, we truly are under attack, these terrorists are clearly a treath to our security!!

/sarcasm&irony

I wonder which civil liberties you swedes will be robbed of now. Oh well, you're welcome to join the thousands who have already fled to the freedom in Greater Norway! Plenty of bars here for you to tend to
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

More to come Swedes will just have to live with it. That's what you get for desperately craving a multicultural society without asking any questions on who and where from. This was just an idiot by the way, amateur who's brain fried nothing serious, stupidly invited

Yes, the swedes should REALLY be afraid of even more people doing suicides in spectacular ways.

/sarcasm&irony again

This is just more proof that we have absolutely nothing to fear from "muslim tewwowists".

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Yes, the swedes should REALLY be afraid of even more people doing suicides in spectacular ways.

/sarcasm&irony again

This is just more proof that we have absolutely nothing to fear from "muslim tewwowists".
    Of course it's going to happen again, this is more like the Columbine shootings not a terrorist attack, confused kid

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Here's a link from WSJ. From this report it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Nobel Prize ceremony.
    True, that was my point. At the very least the nutcase could have done it the day before, would have had a much bigger impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    More to come Swedes will just have to live with it. That's what you get for desperately craving a multicultural society without asking any questions on who and where from. This was just an idiot by the way, amateur who's brain fried nothing serious, stupidly invited
    Agreed. One could hope people would start to understand what quality of people we are accepting with open arms.

/sarcasm&irony again

Pretty much so, yes. And I seriously hope we dont start going all US on ourselves, more than we already have, that is..

Hope you guys can keep your calms, Horetore is right on this was a spectacular suicide, nothing more.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-12-2010 at 14:22.

I just noticed... the only one killed in the attack was the suicide bomber himself. I dont even think anyone else got hurt. Maybe he was going for the darwin award..

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    Agreed. One could hope people would start to understand what quality of people we are accepting with open arms.
    So out of all the Muslims in Sweden they manage to pull off one failed terrorist attack, and this shows what a dangerous and evil lot they are?

The only danger that will come of this attack is the restriction on civil liberties that will follow from the inevitable hyperbole.

I just noticed... the only one killed in the attack was the suicide bomber himself. I dont even think anyone else got hurt. Maybe he was going for the darwin award..
    And his bomb was so crap he still managed to get 300m away before he kicked the bucket.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    So out of all the Muslims in Sweden they manage to pull off one failed terrorist attack, and this shows what a dangerous and evil lot they are?

The only danger that will come of this attack is the restriction on civil liberties that will follow from the inevitable hyperbole.
    Indeed....

How's that Olof Palme murder going, Sweden? Figured it out yet? No?

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I heard some Swedish guy killed someone once, it really makes me wonder what quality of people Swedes are...

Is this the new sarcasm and derogatory comments thread?
    On the radio here they said there were nails involved, which doesn't sound like a suicide, you know, bomb + nails = flying nails.
    Of course so shortly after an incident the info is a bit unreliable, as this thread shows.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Is this the new sarcasm and derogatory comments thread?
    On the radio here they said there were nails involved, which doesn't sound like a suicide, you know, bomb + nails = flying nails.
    Of course so shortly after an incident the info is a bit unreliable, as this thread shows.
    Not saying that wasn't his intention, we're saying that was the result.

Rhyfelwyr, well we do accept a lot of people who do not believe in democracy, who do not believe in a free press, and who are fanatically religious. Sure, this one was a bit more nutty than the average guy, but if you (as an example) look at the 200 people ruining Lars Vilks lecture, you see that this is not an isolated incident.

The problem is bigger than this one guy, albeit yesterday things were taken to its extreme through him.

Husar, as HoreTore said, his intention was to blow himself up and take loads with him. Thankfully he was not the brainiest guy around.

His letter states he did it cause of Swedens support of Lars Vilks, and because of Swedens war in Afghanistan. I respect him in a way, at least he fights for what he believes in, and we are at war. We should not be surprised when war then comes to us.

Oh I don't deny there are problems with teh Islam, I just don't see what this story adds to the issue.

IMO our primary concerns with Islam in the west is not about terrorism, but social issues. I'm more worried about how some Muslim women are treated by their husbands, than I am about getting blown up on a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Oh I don't deny there are problems with teh Islam, I just don't see what this story adds to the issue.

IMO our primary concerns with Islam in the west is not about terrorism, but social issues. I'm more worried about how some Muslim women are treated by their husbands, than I am about getting blown up on a bus.
    ....and that, again, is not an argument against immigration per se, I might add.

How badly they may be treated here, at least they get prosecuted when they whack the misses, as opposed to getting a medal for it.

Yes, I never used it as an argument against immigration.

Oh look - the Norwegian Islamic Council(the umbrella organization representing most muslim communities in Norway) immediately condemned the guy. But I guess this is just part of their deceitful plan to conquer the country...

Oh look - the Norwegian Islamic Council(the umbrella organization representing most muslim communities in Norway) immediately condemned the guy. But I guess this is just part of their deceitful plan to conquer the country...
    So did Swedens.

With all the important muslims condemning acts like this, one wonders why few muslims seem to care.

who are you arguing with, nobody said anything like that, leftist projection

edit pic of splosion-boy http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven....html#comments
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-13-2010 at 09:20.

Update; arrests in England. Because it's Sweden the police still keeps their jaws firmly locked on the background. Policor-lemmings.

Shibumi, how much of tnis is true? http://cavatus.wordpress.com/2010/11...tution-passed/

I know it's Sweden but that's a bit much even for you guys. Happy constitution.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-13-2010 at 12:32.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So did Swedens.

With all the important muslims condemning acts like this, one wonders why few Muslims seem to care.
    A key point.

Why do Muslim nutters protesters seem to resort to violence compared to others? Tamils haven't blown up parts of Europe for our inaction in Sri Lanka for example.

Yes they may well be a minority, but considering the harm that these can do to everyone else they do gain attention that is far greater than their numbers would suggest.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

The nutters are a problem to the moderates first, they are terrified, with good reason there is a lot of hidden misery. If beards come at your door asking why you don't go to the mosque that's really scary, night phonecalls, threatening letters, not very fun.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

'I want YOU to be my second wife, and breed me lots of sons'

http://www.muslima.com/ar/profile/sh...archtotal=1816
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

I hope that if anything, this bombing serves as a wake up call. The truth of the matter is that the islamist beast cannot be pacified: the more you give, the more it will take and the more it will demand further down the road. The only way to deal with it is to confront it head on and to do it quickly. Complacency now will lead to much greater problems later.

They're the Borg and you *will* be assimilated if you don't put up a fight.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    I hope that if anything, this bombing serves as a wake up call. The truth of the matter is that the islamist beast cannot be pacified: the more you give, the more it will take and the more it will demand further down the road. The only way to deal with it is to confront it head on and to do it quickly. Complacency now will lead to much greater problems later.

They're the Borg and you *will* be assimilated if you don't put up a fight.
    Wouldn't get too worked about this one, just an idiot, we will just have to get used to this happening from time to time, like school shootings or suicide by cop, only very few are likely to fry their brains like this. Certainly not the real thing they are somewhat smarter than discussing it on facebook, we found hidden code in jpeg's here, those are the pro's. Nothing to see here move along

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    who are you arguing with
    Noone...?

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    A key point.

Why do Muslim nutters protesters seem to resort to violence compared to others? Tamils haven't blown up parts of Europe for our inaction in Sri Lanka for example.

Yes they may well be a minority, but considering the harm that these can do to everyone else they do gain attention that is far greater than their numbers would suggest.

No, but the RAF and various other groups blew up Europe over our failure to see the Marxist light.... And who are the ones setting london on fire over a few pounds?
    Last edited by HoreTore; 12-13-2010 at 15:54.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm no fan of the Student Protests. They are spoilt children.

If the RAF is in light to WW2, again, I think that is one that the UK should have stayed out of it all, but sadly we didn't have a suitable Quisling.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast