Thread: Problem

Default Problem

Hello,
    I've a problem with STW:Warlord Edition. When I play the campaign mode, the game crash after 3-4 turns. I dont understand why, because I've installed the game on the same PC 1 year ago (and then uninstalled) and everything was ok

Default Re: Problem

It could be a myriad of possibilities.

Have you updated your graphics driver or changed any hardware since a year ago? Windows may have also automatically pushed a driver update that just might be causing the bugs.

Are you running in RAID-0? Perhaps your physical hard disc is having issues. Do you have multiple hard drives and could attempt to install it on a different one to see if this makes any difference?

Are you installing STW: Warlord's Edition from the same medium as originally used a year ago? (i.e. are you installing it from the same CD that you originally bought?) If not, perhaps it's at a different patch level that may not agree with your system?

I can give other scenarios, but I'll stop there for now.
    Forever Valiant, "Semper Fi"
    l2k-Spec-Ops_X
    Commander of the l2k Armies

Thanks for your response!
    My graphic card is a Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE, and the last driver is dated from the 2006, so I suppose that he has been installed several years ago, before my first STW:WE installation.
    I havent multiple hard drives, but I dont really know if I'm running in RAID-0 or not
    And yes I use the same CD. Can it be a multi-install issue?
    I've MTW:VI also installed and I havent any particular problem.

Hmm, well not having more than one hard drive means you are not running a RAID configuration. (ex. RAID 0 takes two hard drives and makes them operate as if they were one hard drive, theoretically doubling your speed, but also hightening your chances of disc failure b/c now you have 2 discs that run the possibility of going bad instead of 1)

Since your graphics card drive is not updated, I would actually now recommend that you visit http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the latest driver for your card. (You'll select GeForce, GeForce 7 Series, GeForce 7500 LE and your operating system in the drop down menu. You can see if you are running a 64 bit or 32 bit version of Windows by right clicking your "My Computer" icon on the desktop or start menu and selecting "Properties". The first screen that comes up will say what version of Windows you're running and if it's 64 bit it will say 64-bit. If it's 32 bit it will not say that. (So the absense of 64-bit means you have 32 bit) Download the driver and install it. Reboot your machine.

Once the machine is rebooted, use add-remove programs to uninstall STW:WE. Once uninstalled, run a disc defragment. Do this by going to Start -> Program Files -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter.

Once you've defragmented the disk, run the check disk utility. If you are on Windows XP, open command prompt or MS DOS and type "chkdsk" --- If you're on Windows Vista or 7, you'll need to right click the cmd.exe icon and "Run as administrator" before typing chkdsk and hitting enter. This should identify any corrupt blocks of memory on your disk and mark them as unusable.

Reboot and try to re-install the game.

Let us know how it turns out. If it still doesn't work, we'll try some more, but at least your system should run better =)
    Forever Valiant, "Semper Fi"
    l2k-Spec-Ops_X
    Commander of the l2k Armies

Thank you, I will try this!