Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I just apologise to all Australians...

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Default Re: Can I just apologise to all Australians...

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Did he just say soccer
    It's an English word for the sport that we on this island usually call just "football".
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Short for association football. I've never understood the fuss about using that abreviation.

On the topic of the cricket, I like a good game regardless of who's winning, but all the players lately have been boring, so I haven't been watching much. I agree with Idaho about all the people who start whinging as soon as we lose a few matches. It's just not cricket.
    Last edited by miotas; 01-07-2011 at 11:28.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

What do you call a world class Australian cricketer?

Retired!
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Got a better one than that....

A lady walked into a Police Station and the desk Sergeant said "Can I help you?"
    "Yes" she said, "I'd like to report a case of sexual assault".

"Where did it happen?" the Sergeant asked.
    "In the park just down the road" she replied.

"Can you describe what happened?"
    "Yes, I was walking along the footpath in the park near the trees when a man jumped out of the bushes and dragged me in there, removed my underwear then he dropped his pants to his knees and had his way with me".

"Could you give me a description of him?"
    "Yes, he was wearing white shoes, long white trousers, a white shirt and he had these two big long pads from his feet up to and over his knees, one on each leg".

"Sounds to me like he was a cricketer, most probably a batsman", said the Sergeant.

"Yes", said the lady, "He was an Aussie Cricketer".

"That's very observant", said the Sergeant, "You worked that out from his accent?"
    "No", she replied. "I worked it out because he wasn't in for very long".
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    I agree with Idaho about all the people who start whinging as soon as we lose a few matches. It's just not cricket.
    Agreed. Good job you knocked that one out of the park.

My work is full of cricket analogies, it's always "close of play" this, a "tight field" on that etc etc

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My best cricketing memory was when I was a young lad, playing it. I was out fielding with another guy, talking as the bowler did whatever. We got ready as he ran down the pitch, as we bent, the guys pants ripped. All the way.

Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I love playing cricket - but only when I bowl. I am a natural number 12 in bat, and a total liability in the field. I bowl a reasonable off-spin, and used to be able to bowl leg breaks and googlies too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12