Thread: Justice - RUSSIAN STYLE!

Default Justice - RUSSIAN STYLE!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12081564

Former Russian oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky has been found guilty of embezzlement at his politically charged second trial in Moscow.
    Anyone actually surprised by this? It seems you can be as corrupt as you want, but once you step into the arena of politics, kiss your butt goodbye.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Justice - RUSSIAN STYLE!

He broke the deal that was struck and tried to have money and power. A lesson for the others.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But money is power. I am guessing he wanted even more power then.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

This gets better and better....

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ing/index.html

U.S. crab tycoon faces new criminal charges in Russia

Moscow (CNN) -- An American businessman who lost his company, health and freedom in Russia is now struggling to merely stay alive.

Arkadi Gontmakher is the owner of the company that used to be the largest U.S. crab importer from Russia. Two weeks ago, he was unanimously acquitted by a 12-member jury in a high-profile court case in Russia's remote Kamchatka region. But earlier this week, he was charged with an almost identical set of criminal violations, according to his family and lawyers.
    "I have a congenital heart illness that was exacerbated during my years in prison. I badly need heart surgery but they don't do the kind of operations that I need in Russia, let alone here," Gontmakher said in a phone interview from a cardiology clinic in Kamchatka, where he is under police surveillance. "My heart rate routinely reaches 170-180 beats per minute. I've had illness bouts almost every day in the past few weeks that lasted anywhere from eight to 14 hours. On top of that, I have chronic kidney problems.

"Seems like they'll keep coming up with more charges until I finally die," he said.

Hey, didn't we all cheer and wish for more justice russian style when they were killing pirates?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Hey, didn't we all cheer and wish for more justice russian style when they were killing pirates?
    No, I thought we were going back to the way the British used to deal with pirates not so long ago.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Politkovskaja
    The Basmannij-court in Moskva, [...] continues to practice the art of selective justice, where what matters isn't the law itself, but who the law is applied to.
    Spoken about a different case, but relevant nonetheless...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban