It is highly likely that the reason doctrine didn’t change was because the Germans focused on mobile defense. Also deployment in penny packages only increases logistical requirements. Something that was already all too stretched.

Conceptually deploying companies as fire brigades has some strong points but that too comes at a price.

The good Major also made some assumptions about speed but he was addressing both types of Tiger.

I didn’t wade into the whole 140 odd pages but I can link it: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA415948

All in all I don’t agree with all of it but I doubt he had much trouble convincing the infantry and artillery officers of the board that he knew something about tanks.

As to the Leopard 1 and 2, they were joint designs. The first with the French and the Leopard II with the US. They have more in common with the M-18 GMC than they do with Panthers and Tigers other than the cat names.

I say the M-18 because of the hull and suspension design. The armor protection fallows the German pattern where they make an effort to protect the crew. Unlike most US tanks prior to the M-60 series at best.