Thread: Getting Old Is Going To Be Painful

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Getting Old Is Going To Be Painful

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2011011207037

Their bodies were lying there, separated by about 30 yards. She was farthest from the car, which she had been driving, as if she had gone for help as the sturdier of the pair, police said. When she didn't return, her husband of 58 years apparently went looking for her, leaning on a cane he used to get around, said Cpl. Jason West, the lead investigator on the case.
    I read things like these and remain fearful of becoming old and gray
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Old Is Going To Be Painful

Heh. You should visit a Nursing Home some time. Some have a mind, others have a body. Few seem to have both (else they'd not be there).

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

I don't know why but the story seemed like it should have had this playing in the background...

I plan to die before I have to associate with women of my age with saggy boobs.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Craddle Robbing and/or plastic surgery
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Plan is to get enough money so I can get one sufficently younger than me to take me out with a smile on my face. She can pay for the therapy out of the inheritance.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2011011207037

I read things like these and remain fearful of becoming old and gray
    Use it before you lose it.

I noticed that the way a person treats oneself is the main factor in how that person ages. My grandfather would be a lot healthier now if he wasn't an alcoholic. I live with my grandfather so I know a lot about his habits and what his doctor told him. I saw the long-term effects, which I wouldn't have connected with his drinking if I wasn't living with him. I know that he didn't age slowly, he changed quickly after a severe illness, then remained the same for a while, then changed again after another illness.

She'll be fine if she keeps wearing a bra.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 01-13-2011 at 23:28.
    Wooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Craddle Robbing and/or plastic surgery
    I hope I never sink to such pathetic levels.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban