Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

If you mean EAEM, then I might reccomend you don't do it unless you modify the files already present in my mod pack, if you mean the mod where you can simply use the Alex engine to play EB, then It's fully inside.

~Jirisys (Feedback)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    If you mean EAEM, then I might reccomend you don't do it unless you modify the files already present in my mod pack, if you mean the mod where you can simply use the Alex engine to play EB, then It's fully inside.

~Jirisys (Feedback)
    Ok I DID mean EAEM, I wasn't very clear. I can live without that though, if I can have all these cool mods. It's working fine so far, now that I've been using alex.exe.
    1x From Fluvius Camillus for making him laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CashMunny View Post
    Ok I DID mean EAEM, I wasn't very clear. I can live without that though, if I can have all these cool mods. It's working fine so far, now that I've been using alex.exe.
    Good news...
    If it's stable... Something would make you even more happy on the next build

~Jirisys ()

i'm still getting the prebattle and the mid-turn CTDs =/

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus_ton_Basileon View Post
    i'm still getting the prebattle and the mid-turn CTDs =/
    Give me with a lot of detail, every single step and files you have before during and after the install.

~Jirisys (Nobody else complains of mid turn CTDs, pre battle, IDK)

Well I have never not gotten after battle CTDs, I just learned to live with them, but they're only about one every 6-7 battles (which still sucks, but whatever EB is too good not to play). But yeah I started noticing mid-turn crashes too now, when I move around the campaign map, it'll randomly crash, and also Nautius, the general near Carrodunum is spawning 10 different copies of himself, and when there's too many I have to send a general to Carrodunum to kill them all with auto_win attacker or my game crashes whenever I scroll over that area. The problems with the campaign map seem to be in central and northern Europe, I haven't noticed any problems with a Hayasdan campaign through all of Persia + Anatolia, but my Arverni Campaign got annoying really quick, and I just had a crash with a new Casse campaign scrolling from Ictis in cornwall to the city north of my starting city. Weird stuff. I have this modpack, RSII battle environments, (they are way too good looking not to use unless I really can't) and I'm using Alex.exe.

I also get a rather rare (once every 20-30 battles) crash when I'm starting a battle, probably because of the battle environments, but I can deal with that. If you think the battle maps could be causing the problems when scrolling over the map, I can re-install without them and see if that helps, but I can't see how that would make a difference.
    Last edited by CashMunny; 01-23-2011 at 01:25.

Well I have never not gotten after battle CTDs, I just learned to live with them, but they're only about one every 6-7 battles (which still sucks, but whatever EB is too good not to play). But yeah I started noticing mid-turn crashes too now, when I move around the campaign map, it'll randomly crash, and also Nautius, the general near Carrodunum is spawning 10 different copies of himself, and when there's too many I have to send a general to Carrodunum to kill them all with auto_win attacker or my game crashes whenever I scroll over that area. The problems with the campaign map seem to be in central and northern Europe, I haven't noticed any problems with a Hayasdan campaign through all of Persia + Anatolia, but my Arverni Campaign got annoying really quick, and I just had a crash with a new Casse campaign scrolling from Ictis in cornwall to the city north of my starting city. Weird stuff. I have this modpack, RSII battle environments, (they are way too good looking not to use unless I really can't) and I'm using Alex.exe.

I also get a rather rare (once every 20-30 battles) crash when I'm starting a battle, probably because of the battle environments, but I can deal with that. If you think the battle maps could be causing the problems when scrolling over the map, I can re-install without them and see if that helps, but I can't see how that would make a difference.
    I'll play a campaign with the arverni or the swebozes and see how it turns out. Maybe it's the RSII env. But I've been moving with and without fog there several times and nothing crashes.

~Jirisys (The rsults will be shown tomorrow)

I'll play a campaign with the arverni or the swebozes and see how it turns out. Maybe it's the RSII env. But I've been moving with and without fog there several times and nothing crashes.

~Jirisys (The rsults will be shown tomorrow)
    I played till 270 BCE, (in -20k cause I forgot to use VH taxes lmao) with 7 battles in a single round. No CTDs, moved around the map. Maybe it comes a bit later.

~Jirisys ()

I played till 270 BCE, (in -20k cause I forgot to use VH taxes lmao) with 7 battles in a single round. No CTDs, moved around the map. Maybe it comes a bit later.

~Jirisys ()
    No the crash with the casse was in summer 270, lol. It's probably something wrong on my end, I also use windows 7 64bit so that might have something to do with RTW's instability, a lot of XP games have problems like this on here.

In fact if it can't be fixed I can still play, I barely play Celts anyways, so the only faction I'd really miss out on would be Sweboz, but that's mostly fighting eleutheroi, and their armies always leave the cities with only 2 units, so beating them in the field is pathetically easy, and then I just take the city. I mostly play nomads or easterners/greeks, so I don't really see myself viewing central europe or britain that frequently anyways.
    Last edited by CashMunny; 01-23-2011 at 05:39.

...perhaps my win7 64bit may have a hand in it then.... even so, it's a nice mod, and I am loathed to not be able to play it due to frequent CTDs.

Your solution.

If it doesn't work, then consider...

Your other savior

~Jirisys (Macrosoft)

No the crash with the casse was in summer 270, lol. It's probably something wrong on my end, I also use windows 7 64bit so that might have something to do with RTW's instability, a lot of XP games have problems like this on here.

In fact if it can't be fixed I can still play, I barely play Celts anyways, so the only faction I'd really miss out on would be Sweboz, but that's mostly fighting eleutheroi, and their armies always leave the cities with only 2 units, so beating them in the field is pathetically easy, and then I just take the city. I mostly play nomads or easterners/greeks, so I don't really see myself viewing central europe or britain that frequently anyways.
    I got the crash, on Africa, not the baltic.

Maybe It has something to do with the RS2 env?

I guess the problem is if you use the Continue Campaign button instead of loading the campaign. Or maybe 2 years, 8 turns.

Well no CTDs until the end, when I tried to exit the game. Maybe aerial map changes are too heavy and it makes it crash. I'll try without the RS textures.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 01-24-2011 at 04:14.

I got the crash, on Africa, not the baltic.

Maybe It has something to do with the RS2 env?

I guess the problem is if you use the Continue Campaign button instead of loading the campaign. Or maybe 2 years, 8 turns.

Well no CTDs until the end, when I tried to exit the game. Maybe aerial map changes are too heavy and it makes it crash. I'll try without the RS textures.

~Jirisys ()
    I got rid of the RS II BATTLE environments, and just have the aerial RSII map, and I haven't crashed when scrolling around Germany yet, at 255B.C. with Sweboz. And my battle crashes are way down, to once every 10 battles or so, instead of like once every 5 or less.

Maybe the RSII battle maps are incompatible, or just too much strain going from them to the campaign map/vice versa, since with the RSII battle maps I was also getting crashes before battles, and I don't without them, only after.

I noticed a possible problem with traits, not sure if it's caused by this but a lot of umlauted/accented/rarely used (like þ, ð and ö) letters are just question marks instead, but about 10 minutes in the export_VnVs file finding and replacing missing letters fixed it right up.

Wierd, I used the original Alex EB eV.txt Do you have a copy I could see?

~Jirisys (I'll try with the RS2 env on again)

No I fixed mine already. I have had so many weird things going on with my install, I'm sure it's something wrong on my end not yours. Lucky I can mess around enough to get stuff working, with how many weird problems I keep having.

How about these ones from 1.2?

# Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    # Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    # Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    # Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm

Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
    How about these ones from 1.2?

# Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    # Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    # Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    # Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm

Just curious...
    In progress, top of the list
    no, it's bugged
    done
    no.

~Jirisys ()

New version is up

Recommended you reinstall EB and install the pack, but it works either way.

~Jirisys ()

Just to mention something we've found with RS2....if you use something called a Large Address Aware patch which I can't include more information about but is available if you google it, we've found that we get no CTDs (unless the campaign is running for a long long time without reloading) which tells me that the battlemap environments are more resource hungry (which we know anyway) and that RTW doesn't interact very well with the operating system when more memory resources are required.
    Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Just to mention something we've found with RS2....if you use something called a Large Address Aware patch which I can't include more information about but is available if you google it, we've found that we get no CTDs (unless the campaign is running for a long long time without reloading) which tells me that the battlemap environments are more resource hungry (which we know anyway) and that RTW doesn't interact very well with the operating system when more memory resources are required.
    Understood, thanks

~Jirisys ()

Hi,

got a strange problem with this modpack together with the CityMod.

You all know the City Mod. I changed the descr_regions.txt so that Capua can become "huge" for MoT.
    After that, deleting the map.rwm to get the change to work, i wanted to load my savegame (or start a new campaign), but what follows is a CTD.

I changed the descr_regions.txt back to default, deleting map.rwm, and everything's fine.

Never had this behaviour before. Why is a correct change of the descr_regions.txt causing a CTD?

Another suggestion: What about making an install-progress where you can decide which mod you want and which not.
    Last edited by trumf; 02-06-2011 at 17:59.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

The Alex.exe version of this mod and City mod is incompatible, causes problems with nightbattles, not sure about this problem you're having though. Good luck.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post
    The Alex.exe version of this mod and City mod is incompatible, causes problems with nightbattles, not sure about this problem you're having though. Good luck.
    I use the rtw.exe

Thanks, though

Thanks to tonyw's lovely post, this mod pack works great! It makes several factions more active than on my previous versions.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

As far as I see, the only missing mod is city mod.
    good job mate...

P.S. For stability issue I can advice using Alex.exe ...
    BTW I have reported a bug on your personal profile page please check it.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 02-12-2011 at 06:44.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Hi just wanted to say great mod compilation.
    But I was also wondering how do i use the romani in custom battles? When using unmodded EB i would use the multiplayer shortcut and then the hastati, principes etc would be available. But atm all i can use are the mercenary units. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukai View Post
    Hi just wanted to say great mod compilation.
    But I was also wondering how do i use the romani in custom battles? When using unmodded EB i would use the multiplayer shortcut and then the hastati, principes etc would be available. But atm all i can use are the mercenary units. Any ideas?
    Replace the Export_Descr_unit.txt in the EB\Data\ folder with the one in the EB\mp game edu backup\ folder and when you're done, replace the one on the EB\Data with the one from EB\sp game edu backup\

~Jirisys ()

Wow that was quick, Thanks :)

Unfortunatly that didn't work. I got an error on startup, saying that there was an unknown unit legio I. If there is no fix for this its not the end of the world or anything I can still play the campaign.
    Last edited by Mukai; 02-12-2011 at 21:57.

Oh! I know the problem... I think... You installed 1.03 the first time or after 1.02?

~Jirisys ()

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast