Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Does this include the RS textures?
    Water only.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Hello I like the mod, and it seems to run alot smoother than regular EB does. But there is something weird going on with the eleutheroi AI. Most of the Eleutheroi cities appear to empty themselves of their armies leaving the general unit alone and walk around the countryside. This makes expansion occur way to fast.

I was playing as Macedon and after destroying the Koinon Hellenon I made peace and alliance with Epirus. Immediately they blitzed through Eastern Europe, I saw Pyrrhus besieging Ak-ink alone, versus the Barbarian general. He won and by now I think Epirus is bordering the Boii, who for some odd reason don't have a deathstack that I can see. The Getai expanded straight north and took Bastarnoz very early. When I started expanding north the Eleutheroi had a few weak armies wandering leaderless and I could quickly conquer all the cities in about three turns.

Quote Originally Posted by tobit View Post
    Hello I like the mod, and it seems to run alot smoother than regular EB does. But there is something weird going on with the eleutheroi AI. Most of the Eleutheroi cities appear to empty themselves of their armies leaving the general unit alone and walk around the countryside. This makes expansion occur way to fast.

I was playing as Macedon and after destroying the Koinon Hellenon I made peace and alliance with Epirus. Immediately they blitzed through Eastern Europe, I saw Pyrrhus besieging Ak-ink alone, versus the Barbarian general. He won and by now I think Epirus is bordering the Boii, who for some odd reason don't have a deathstack that I can see. The Getai expanded straight north and took Bastarnoz very early. When I started expanding north the Eleutheroi had a few weak armies wandering leaderless and I could quickly conquer all the cities in about three turns.

Yep, this happened to me too when I had this installed. I recently had to completely re-install EB, and it doesn't happen now that I don't have this modpack installed. Some mod is/was making all the Eleutheroi armies wander around with only one unit left inside the cities.
    1x From Fluvius Camillus for making him laugh.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CashMunny View Post
    Yep, this happened to me too when I had this installed. I recently had to completely re-install EB, and it doesn't happen now that I don't have this modpack installed. Some mod is/was making all the Eleutheroi armies wander around with only one unit left inside the cities.
    That's weird. I will look on to it.

~Jirisys ()

I have RTW gold (so RTW and BI). I use the BI exe. Do I just need to install the RTW version?

Hello,

1. I just downloaded the mod and it runned fine firstly, but then i had several CTDs. I have read about this in first pages and i saw that you are working to fix that. It happends to me sometimes when I try to load Autosaved savegames, and also before and after battles(playing Makedon and Romani).

2. I dont know if it has something to do with that, but I installed Rome + BI + 1.5 + EB1.1 + EB1.2 + Megamod, so no wrong steps right?

3. I also read about minimal AI, what does it change during game? I dont understand it(sorry) .

4. Did you modify the mining income thing? I feel like Im earning so much less

Thanks for trying to solve this

Anyway, nice mod , I really liked the movement points increasement, and the trait changes(get some stars of command in H or VH difficulty, and the baktria thing you explain on description).

It would be insane if you could make AI to recruit more cavalry, because when I fight them, its armies are like 15 infantry 1 cavarly(general) most of the times.

Greetings

Just to say, this sub-mod is DEADLY, particularly the realistic movement, makes life more interesting IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mikeloco View Post
    Hello,

1. I just downloaded the mod and it runned fine firstly, but then i had several CTDs. I have read about this in first pages and i saw that you are working to fix that. It happends to me sometimes when I try to load Autosaved savegames, and also before and after battles(playing Makedon and Romani).

2. I dont know if it has something to do with that, but I installed Rome + BI + 1.5 + EB1.1 + EB1.2 + Megamod, so no wrong steps right?

3. I also read about minimal AI, what does it change during game? I dont understand it(sorry) .

4. Did you modify the mining income thing? I feel like Im earning so much less

Thanks for trying to solve this

Anyway, nice mod , I really liked the movement points increasement, and the trait changes(get some stars of command in H or VH difficulty, and the baktria thing you explain on description).

It would be insane if you could make AI to recruit more cavalry, because when I fight them, its armies are like 15 infantry 1 cavarly(general) most of the times.

Greetings
    I've started with a Romani campaign myself too, only had one pre-Battle CTD with Windows 7 no UAC. Of course, I got 4 GB of RAM, so that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterEquites View Post
    Just to say, this sub-mod is DEADLY, particularly the realistic movement, makes life more interesting IMHO
    Well, I have a 12 turn per year script implemented in my own JAEBMMP game (without the realistic movement ofc) and it makes the game a lot better. PM me if you want it

Though I lost the org's appeal since I don't go around the EB stuff anymore that often, though I sometimes come here.

~Jirisys ()

Hey there Jirisys! First of all I would like to thank you for upgrading my already great EB experience with these fine mods, besides a small movement bug (my diplomats could traverse all that way from Baktria to Alexandria in about 3 turn ... :D) I recieved no CTDs, and upgraded the overall experience. Now onto the matter at hand: I enjoy EB: Alex with this mod alot due to the better battles (in my opinion) vs BI which has ofc the advantage of night battles, and the AI seems to prefer naval invasions (which is very intresting regarding a Rome vs Karthadast war some 15 years into the game with Karthadast transporting 4-5-6 half stacks of troops to my defenseless main cities [due to the legions conquering Illyria and Massalia, coastline of Iberia]), however when playing with Alex the AI exhibits small to none intrests in landing armies in my homeland, whilst fighting my main armies on their colonial turf, this factor reduces the challenge Karthadast gives early on to the Romanii in my opinion. Is there by chance a way to make this mod work with BI? (I have seen that you wrote no mod is being planned for BI being so RTW and BI have much in common) however, is there perhaps a way to make it work with BI regardless of CTD spams? Which I am willing to risk, just to enjoy the great work you and your modding collegues have exhibited.

Thanks in advance:

- Diodredai

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    Hey there Jirisys! First of all I would like to thank you for upgrading my already great EB experience with these fine mods, besides a small movement bug (my diplomats could traverse all that way from Baktria to Alexandria in about 3 turn ... :D) I recieved no CTDs, and upgraded the overall experience. Now onto the matter at hand: I enjoy EB: Alex with this mod alot due to the better battles (in my opinion) vs BI which has ofc the advantage of night battles, and the AI seems to prefer naval invasions (which is very intresting regarding a Rome vs Karthadast war some 15 years into the game with Karthadast transporting 4-5-6 half stacks of troops to my defenseless main cities [due to the legions conquering Illyria and Massalia, coastline of Iberia]), however when playing with Alex the AI exhibits small to none intrests in landing armies in my homeland, whilst fighting my main armies on their colonial turf, this factor reduces the challenge Karthadast gives early on to the Romanii in my opinion. Is there by chance a way to make this mod work with BI? (I have seen that you wrote no mod is being planned for BI being so RTW and BI have much in common) however, is there perhaps a way to make it work with BI regardless of CTD spams? Which I am willing to risk, just to enjoy the great work you and your modding collegues have exhibited.

Thanks in advance:

- Diodredai
    Well you could. Simply install the RTW (not alex) mod. Make a shortcut for BI with the mod (like the alex shortcut) and that's it.

Now that the shieldwall ability is in BI; I reccomend you edit the EDU adding it to the hoplites and whatnot.

~Jirisys ()

Thank you very much for your reply on such a short notice, I will keep you posted on my overall experience as soon as I have the time to launch an extensive Karthadast campaign

I am in your debt
    - Diodredai
    (PS: The funniest thing happened with me, in the forementioned Karthadast => Rome Campaign on BI with VH/VH guess where the rascals landed a full stack army consisting of 2 elephants and mainly Libyan levies? In Illyria, with the intention of cutting of my supply line I guess, but I made peace with them, and in turn they landed their army on Epeirot soil (being at war with them) and killed Pyrrhos who was taking his evening stroll I guess, remembering his failed assault on Sicily. I have, out of curiosity instantly ended the turns for 15 years the result is that Karthadast has now taken all of Macedon, and is planing on taking Byzantium, (having an alliance with KH)) ;= due to these events, I think I shall for the sake of save file compatability play this intresting episode of fictional history.

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    (PS: The funniest thing happened with me, in the forementioned Karthadast => Rome Campaign on BI with VH/VH guess where the rascals landed a full stack army consisting of 2 elephants and mainly Libyan levies? In Illyria, with the intention of cutting of my supply line I guess, but I made peace with them, and in turn they landed their army on Epeirot soil (being at war with them) and killed Pyrrhos who was taking his evening stroll I guess, remembering his failed assault on Sicily. I have, out of curiosity instantly ended the turns for 15 years the result is that Karthadast has now taken all of Macedon, and is planing on taking Byzantium, (having an alliance with KH)) ;= due to these events, I think I shall for the sake of save file compatability play this intresting episode of fictional history.

~Jirisys ()

Just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed your mod. I've had one of the most fufilling Epirus campaigns in a long time.

For instance I was able to maintain peace with the Getai for nearly 90 years, while sharing borders with them at several places. Only after my armies had conquered as far as Persepolis did they attempt to backstab me. I very regretful backstabbing I might add.

Also something very strange (and awesome) happened to me in the Anatolia area. I had been at war with the Ptolemies for quite sometime, they had a strong presence in the southern part, while Pontos controlled most of the middle. After declaring war on Pontos I was surprised to see Armenia send a FULL stack to declare war on me near Nikaia. They marched through Pontic lands either to honor they're alliance to the Ptolemies or to stop me from picking on they're neighbors. Either way I had oh @#$% moment which is very nice.

I was so excited I saved pictures if anyone is interested!!! haha

The only problem I have with this mod is the additional movement points that everyone has. I find that it is far easier for the player to take advantage of this than the silly AI can. Whereas I can attack cities deep in enemy territory, the AI it seems will always march to my closest city, wasting the potential they have. Anyway its something that I've easily changed back and I do understand the realism that is intended.

Also I do not find the crashes is this mod to be much worse than an unmodded EB. I even play with the RS2 battle environments added in myself. Patience is a virtue and requirement for this game anyway, regardless of the mods added.

Thanks so much for your awesome mod and the same to all the creators of the mods you included. Keep up the excellent work.

You can, just ask me for my 12 tpy mod, which has original movement but with added turns. Too fun for blitzers though.

Or you can just simply go to \EB\Data\descr_characters\; and in the beggining you will find something related to movement points that has 260 as value, just change it to 80 and that's it.

However with both methods, you need to restart your campaign for it to work.

~Jirisys ()

Im thinking of using this mod ..... only thing that bugs me is the camera on tyhe alex engine u clcik a unit and the camera won t locate it.... kinda
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-21-2011 at 21:32. Reason: language
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    Im thinking of using this mod ..... only thing that bugs me is the camera on tyhe alex engine u clcik a unit and the camera won t locate it.... kinda
    You can use the RTW only mod.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-21-2011 at 21:32. Reason: language in quote

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post

Yes, it is a problem with mods, you can either have some possible solutions:
    Run EB alone without any background program, play it windowed, play with the campaign map zoomed out, set core afinity to any other core (task manager, proceses, right click, set affinity, unmark your first CPU)
    Also, buy more memory. I have the same problem too but I have to swallow it sadly.

~Jirisys ()
    Jirisys, your tip about running it in Window mode has reduced the CTDs AFTER the battles by 5x at least, I would say! It did not solve much of the CTDs BEFORE battles. But it makes the game run slower. I have 4 GB of RAM. Do I really need more? Now the affinity part, can you explain that? What is that setting really doing? Should I change it only for the EB/Rome process?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zamolxe View Post
    Jirisys, your tip about running it in Window mode has reduced the CTDs AFTER the battles by 5x at least, I would say! It did not solve much of the CTDs BEFORE battles. But it makes the game run slower. I have 4 GB of RAM. Do I really need more? Now the affinity part, can you explain that? What is that setting really doing? Should I change it only for the EB/Rome process?

Thanks!
    Well, then your video card is not that good. I have the same 4GB and cruddy gpu. Well. Go to task manager, processes, right click on Alex.exe or RTW.exe (whichever you use), then go to the "Set Affinity" option, and uncheck Core0 if you have 2 cores.

Only the EB/Rome process. It helps to reduce memory leaks, but it will run slower.

~Jirisys ()

I downloaded RTW, RTW 1.5, Alex (already patched to 1.9), EB 11, EB 12, then the Alexander mod pack. There is an error in the descr.model.battle file that won't let me play it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    I downloaded RTW, RTW 1.5, Alex (already patched to 1.9), EB 11, EB 12, then the Alexander mod pack. There is an error in the descr.model.battle file that won't let me play it.
    What version did you download?

~Jirisys ()

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pruxoid View Post
    Thank you!
    You're... Welcome?

~Jirisys ()

Could you maybe, in the future, repackage the installer so we can pick-and-choose which particular minimods we would like to install (like with tickboxes at the install menu) ? I am interested in getting this, but there are a few modifications included that I would prefer not to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Could you maybe, in the future, repackage the installer so we can pick-and-choose which particular minimods we would like to install (like with tickboxes at the install menu) ? I am interested in getting this, but there are a few modifications included that I would prefer not to install.
    Yes, though the installer didn't let me... I'll ask Vartan about his or go look for a thread I remember had one.

Expect some work soon :)

~Jirisys ()

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Hey man, first off let me say that this mod pack look quite epic, unfortunatly it doesn't seem to work for me.
    I have RTW 1.5 with EB 1.1 then EB 1.2, I then download your RTW.exe mod pack and install it, I then play the game and absolutly nothing appears to have changed, it's just the same old 1.2 EB
    Have I done something wrong?
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

That's weird. I will look on to it.

~Jirisys ()
    It is due to the increased movement- they slave faction tries to combine all its armies together, even if it means abandoning all their cities. They are more likely to try this kind of stunt if it is possible to reach multiple settlements in one turn, the AI generally doesn't like to make moves that would take more than one turn to complete.
    Last edited by Paul D; 08-09-2011 at 05:35.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Forget every I have said about this not working, I am just a silly, silly person.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

It is due to the increased movement- they slave faction tries to combine all its armies together, even if it means abandoning all their cities. They are more likely to try this kind of stunt if it is possible to reach multiple settlements in one turn, the AI generally doesn't like to make moves that would take more than one turn to complete.
    While it may look weird IMHO it makes the game more interesting: Less sieges and more field battles =)

Btw, jirisys, some time ago you talked about implementing the victory conditions submod in your pack, have you dropped the idea? Does it realy works? I would be nice to see ai rome not completely ignoring italy and sicily for once.....
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 08-10-2011 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    While it may look weird IMHO it makes the game more interesting: Less sieges and more field battles =)

Btw, jirisys, some time ago you talked about implementing the victory conditions submod in your pack, have you dropped the idea? Does it realy works? I would be nice to see ai rome not completely ignoring italy and sicily for once.....
    I should also remove siege equipment, it's so unrealistic.

Ah yes, I was in the process of it, recoloring the VC ingame maps while listening to Les Luthiers, but I lost the files when I deleted an RTW install. So I got annoyed and dropped the whole thing.

They do work, albeit to an extent. I was looking at how to make the mods choosable, instead of just installing them all, so I can add my 12 tpy script and traits, but also add city mod if you're not using alexander, etc.

So if I decide to work on an update, I'll do it from scratch, and it will be awesomer and stabler.

~Jirisys ()

Yes, though the installer didn't let me... I'll ask Vartan about his or go look for a thread I remember had one.

Expect some work soon :)

~Jirisys ()
    You probably forgot to ask me about this. I released my sub-mod compilation pack a while before you released yours and although mine is modest, I try to give people options by allowing them to choose at install-time which mods they wish to install. It's a good idea that Paul D brings up so if you still want (both Paul D and Jirisys) I won't mind setting up the proper installation code for you guys, when I have time, obviously.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast