Thread: Good RPGs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Default Good RPGs

New or old, I need advice on a new game to play. I am sick of every other genre at the moment, and I could use a fun RPG to distract me from my life.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Good RPGs

How long has it been since you've played Baldur's Gate? Yes, I know, dated graphics, yada-yada-yada.....but there are folks over at Gibberling's 3 that are still modding the game, especially the creation of new characters. I'm currently waiting for the Tyris Flare character (remember her from the Golden Axe days?)to be completed for ToB so I can play the BGT with her included.

C'mon....you know it's been ages since that thick-as-brick Minsc had you laughing your @@@ off with his stupid hamsters & rangers lines.....or the even funnier one-liners as your group teases Edwina.....err... I mean Edwin on his recent 'accident' Or romancing the hottest hottie in the game.....Viconia......

Hell, you can be masochistic and add on some of upgrades by original BG design team members....back when fighting dragons and liches was a chess match that could last an hour or more.....
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 01-13-2011 at 00:56.
    High Plains Drifter

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

The Mass Effect series. My favorite game of all time. I played through them at least 8 times already, and still going strong. Especially if you like space and other things along those lines.

Dragon Age is good too, if your into the fantasy stuff like dragons and other monsters.

Fallout 3 is good, I liked it, cant think of any more off the top of my head.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Which have you played, so we know which not to recommend.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

definetly a sandbox dragon ages type stuff gets repetitive i would honestly recommend like oblivion i started playing it again and i just love it so much

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Planescape: Torment if you haven't already, awesome deep story and solid gameplay. Was obsessed with the sinister gameworld and story while it lasted, which was thankfully a long time. Graphics are obviously dated but they aged well

edit which console, if you have the ps3 'Valkyre Chronicals' and 'Demon's Souls' are real gems. Demon's Sould requires some dedication though it's extremely unforgiving, especially the first hours are a nightmare
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-13-2011 at 09:19.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Which have you played, so we know which not to recommend.
    I have played the final fantasies, the elder scroll games, most things that are square, the .....what are they called....meh. At any rate, do not fear to delve into the wonders of the console games. Actually, those are preferred. I dont know why, but I hate playing anything other than strategy games on the computer.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.