Thread: Can you help a brother out?

Default Can you help a brother out?

Being focused on EB2, I know longer have EB1 or RTW installed on my computer (hell, I use Linux anyway). I'm working on tweaked victory conditions and the old info from EB1 would be great. Could anyone go through their EB1 install and find the images of the VC of each faction in the campaign folder, put them in a zip, and upload them for my reference?

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Can you help a brother out?

Just so you know, the pictures aren't necessarily accurate either for many factions.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Right. That's why I'm making changes to them.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

I think what brave sir robin wanted to say was that the pictures don't match the actual VCs of the last version. The pictures are from a previous version of EB I, but were never updated afterwards. the true VC's can be seen in the script though.

139 views and nothing helpful.

Let's be helpful then, shall I? Might take a few seconds, I'll put it on the FTP & PM you when it's done.

In the meantime, you might want to install a SVN client on your Linux machine. I'd recommend installing the svn commandline tools, because that way you'll be able to use the SH version of the scripts for the CUF tool, so you can work on EB 2 on Linux and update the build using Linux.

Now, if you're using KDE, I'd also recommend installing kdesvn since it integrates nicely with the rest of KDE (it's pretty neat to be able to open the SVN repository right in your file manager and get previews of EB II skins). But there are other SVN clients for Linux as well. Just search the repositories of your distribution using the package/software manager of your choice.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Dude, I already have EB2 on SVN on a packed hard drive. How do you think I've been able to incorporate changes to the build? If my hard drive wasn't nearly full, I'd go ahead and put EB1 on the SVN as well.

And you'd think that with all the people wanting to help the mod out, they could spend five minutes packing those VC maps into a zip file and uploading them to anywhere. You can even do that on this board. But nope, the hell with it. Some guy with an EB member banner in his sig just asked for some help, so what the hell does he know?

Dude, what do I know? For all I know you have magic powers and been mind-controlling the EB SVN server to make your changes. Anyway your ZIP file is on the FTP and in case you didn't know it yet you can checkout or export single folders (and control whether they are recursively checked out/exported or not) from any decent SVN client so you wouldn't need to lug around full copies of EB 1.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Oh! If only I had magic powers.

Anyway, thanks for the uploads, guys. The end goal is to eventually provide a compare and contrast preview for the established factions as I'm sure many will be curious. Some with changes, some with none, some with a lot.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

After i saw you posting the seluecid VC's, I also posted two vc maps for 'my' two factions. Both in their respective threads. You can have a look and speak your mind.