Thread: War machines ?

Default War machines ?

Hello,

I'm playing EB 1.2 (romani for change )and I'm wondering if there is some special time or event to get the building which enables you to recruit war machines. I mean scorpios, ballistas,catapults,onagers...
    I'm now in 219 Bc, just before the second punic war following an historical path (actually then occupying only the all italian peninsula+ Sicily without Syracusa + Cisalpin Gaul and Illyria +Sardinia/Corsica + Massilia.
    My gov building in Rome is a Proconsul one.
    I hope not having some bug or misintalled EB game and I didn't find anything about this. As EB buildings are nearly completely different from RTW vanilla I'm not sure at all if there is stg wrong or not.
    For example in EB velites and slingers (soccii) are recruited in a specific building named "shooting field" or stg like that . Upgraded it becomes archery then catapult field...
    But in EB I never got such building. Velites and slingers are recruited through classical barracks like other typical roman troops.

Default Re: War machines ?

Once again sorry for errors in my first post. I wrote "For example in EB velites and slingers..." I mean of course "For example in vanilla RTW velites and slingers..." and in Eb the are recurited in the barracks like other romani troops.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

See the FAQ about first questions: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84854

As Romans you will get access to artillery after the Marian Reforms, although just some cities will be able to build them.
    They play a very different role than in Vanilla, don't expect too much from them.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Thx a lot XSamatan,
    I'm now reassured. I was nearly beliving that I made some mistakes during the installation so that there was some lack of buildings or disfunctions...

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

If you are unsure, here is a guide on how to install EB correctly: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80270

Have fun with the game!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions