Thread: MTW MedMod download from where?

Default MTW MedMod download from where?

Hi All,
    Returning to my copy of MTW: Viking Invasion and want to try a mod. Have settled on Medmod, it sounds like it suits what I want.
    But I can't find anywhere to download it. I saw a thread saying someone had version 4.07 of it from h t t p : / / apolyton . net / site.
    I have searched this website and reference is made to it but links to Wes's homepage lead nowhere.

Does anyone have an actual url which they can post where I can actually dwonload it.
    Even for a slightly older version so long as you think it will work with the Viking Invasion expansion?

Alternatively if someone has a recent copy on there PC is it too big to zip up and email me?

Frustrated.....

Many Thanks in advance
    Jebenn

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: MTW MedMod download from where?

The Org servers have an older version, but I don't believe that is what you want. I can't really search now, but I'm sure someone here has a copy.

Welcome to the Org, jebenn!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by jebenn View Post
    Hi All,
    Returning to my copy of MTW: Viking Invasion and want to try a mod. Have settled on Medmod, it sounds like it suits what I want.
    But I can't find anywhere to download it. I saw a thread saying someone had version 4.07 of it from h t t p : / / apolyton . net / site.
    I have searched this website and reference is made to it but links to Wes's homepage lead nowhere.

Does anyone have an actual url which they can post where I can actually dwonload it.
    Even for a slightly older version so long as you think it will work with the Viking Invasion expansion?
    Hi, Jebenn.

Here's a link I stumbled on a while back. http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=1200

You'll find it about the eighteenth from the top––it's the complete v3.14 install including the graphic packs. Good luck!

Welcome to the Org Jebenn, but most importantly to the our Hall.

Should you find a copy of 4.07 you will be honoured and bedecked with garlands on reporting it here, for I myself have searched in vain for that wonderful final version of the mod.

Our comrade Cyprian however has found what we must call 'the next best thing', and you will find most of the features of the MedMod in 3.14, excepting new factions and finishing touches.

Thank you Cyprian!

If you want MedMod for its challenging gameplay, I highly recommend instead the 'Caravel Mod' named after our Oracle, a mod constructed and released by Gollum, which you will find discussed and well described in the 'Engineers Guild' within the MTW Modding section of the Org. Forgive me for not currently providing a link.

Welcome again!

Welcome to the org jebben, enjoy your stay, and don't listen to Glenn, he is exagerating my modding ability as he is friendly biased :)

Unfortunately have gotten rid of my copy a while back (when i started making my own mods). This is a disaster, 4.07 was really good. There are however plenty of other good mods, but admittedly, the Medmod is(was?) unique.
    Last edited by gollum; 01-22-2011 at 00:18.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Apologies, Jebben, for not giving you the latest Medmod. In my rush to provide a link, I completely blanked on the version. As it turns out, I am actually in possession of 4.07 as an .exe file. I'm not sure, however, whether this is a stand-alone installation or if there are other files to go along with it. I will need to take a look at my gaming rig (which I don't have nearby) and see what I've got installed there. In the meantime, if anyone can remember whether or not 4.07 was a stand-alone .exe, that would save us some time. Of course, I will be glad to email it in a .zip. Just pm me with your details. Anyone else who's looking is welcome to do the same; I just hope that what I have is the complete version!

I've just got these files (thanks Durango) and uploaded them here:
    Medmod_IV_v4.07.exe
    Medmod_IV_v4_Maptex.exe
    Have fun!
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Stazi for Main Hall Contributor of the Year 2011!

Thank you, most appreciated friend! You are a source of restored hope and enjoyment!

And to Cyprian, who indeed possessed the same gift, thank you also - we may now look forward to an even finer experience - that of MedMod 4.07 AARs.

Hi Guys,
    What a fantastic reponse! Thank you kindly for the replies and for the welcome.

I have only just been able to get to the internet since my original post and I was reading down the replies from top to bottom and thinking ah well, I'll happily settle for the 3.14 because I had seen somewhere else that there was a map file to download as well.
    And then Stazi turns up trumps with both files.

Huge thanks to you all!
    Right, I'm off to download and install. Will forget about my current campaign and start afresh.
    Will let you know how I get on.
    cheerio for now
    Jebenn

Have fun jebenn and come back to grace us with your exploits.

Durango's and Stazi's prudence and kindness saved the day! (and the Main Hallers' face :)
    Last edited by gollum; 01-23-2011 at 20:54.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Hi Jebenn! As you can see, the Main Hallers are as kind as they come

Also, I sent the Medmod 4.07 files directly to you yesterday, you have a PM in your inbox that you can see by clicking
    on "notifications" in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks Durango!

I'm wondering if part of my job should be to save off and archive stuff like this...

Nice find, Durango, and thanks for uploading Stazi.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Glenn: Cool to see that your enjoyment of MTW has not waned, judging by your great AARs...

Drone: Actually, MTW is so dear to me that I keep a special USB memory stick with everything related to it, including old mods.
    This way, I'm safe in the knowledge that nothing will ever be lost. Just luck that I had saved the Medmod on it and I'm glad it came
    in handy.

Now I'll sit in a dark cave, eating raw fish and stroking the USB stick softly, whispering -"My precioussss..."

Wait, that moniker is already taken!

direct link to mod site: http://www.ctp2.info/historical/wes/

I had a look at the description for it, the changes look pretty great!

Unfortunately i don't have VI so i can't play it (Got MTW way back for Christmas and only unearthed it this year when looking for games)
    So i can only play Redux and older MedMod.

Does anyone know where i could get VI (for all the mod variety) and if it is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagnar View Post
    Does anyone know where i could get VI (for all the mod variety) and if it is worth it?
    Definitely worth it, the expansion improved both the game and moddability. You can get it pretty cheap on Amazon, I guess it depends on where you are from. In the US, you can get it here. If you get the expansion, make sure you get the final 2.01 patch, which you can get here.

Unfortunately i live in Australia so that is out of the question based on those prices.

MTW Gold Ed. costs around $10 here in Poland (mint PC Gamer 2006 version). If you add $5 for shipping it can be yours. You can find a lot of them on ebay too.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Have a look at amazon UK - don't buy from the US as old games go up in price there rather than down:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used

I thought I read somewhere that the 2.01 was only needed for some very specific uses and not needed for most people? Pretty sure I'm using 2.0 so if I'm wrong, guess I'll have to download it for the next game.

Patch notes:
    Patch for the Medieval: Total War expansion pack Viking Invasion, updating it to version 2.01.
    General Fixes
    -------------
    - Fixed a bug where cavalry would receive a charge bonus ad infinitum under certain circumstances.
    - Removed a command line cheat that would unlock the camera giving an unfair advantage on the battlefield.

Singleplayer Fixes
    ------------------
    - Reinforcements in campaign battles now appear in the order selected in the pre-battle screen.
    - Kings will no longer die of old age at exactly 56 years.

Multiplayer Fixes
    -----------------
    - All multiplayer players will now appear in the Medieval: Total War chat room and can talk to one another. Please note that Medieval: Total War games will not show up for Viking Invasion players and vice versa.
    - The occasional crash/lockup bug when a player quits from a multiplayer game has been eradicated.

Savegame formats are not affected.

Quote Originally Posted by LordK9 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the 2.01 was only needed for some very specific uses and not needed for most people? Pretty sure I'm using 2.0 so if I'm wrong, guess I'll have to download it for the next game.
    You need v2.01, whether you need to download a patch is another matter - I bought my VI when it was released and my VI disc is already v2.01

I know that there were some Gold Editions which were released at v2.0 by mistake. If you have one of those then you need the v2.01 Medieval_TW.exe in a .zip which was released as a patch by SEGA/CA a few years ago.

I do have one with 2.0 (lucky me!). Not sure where I got the idea that 2.01 wasn't needed - thought it only fixed MP problems or something. Anyway, I already have the download - just never applied it. Not sure I like that order thing. As it is, they come in a logical manner mostly dictated by speed. Although this way, I can kind of sort of keep the second army(ies) intact - too bad they can't arrive on the flank or on the same side of the river.

You need 2.01 as without it your kings will die at 56, every time, without fail and your reinforcements will not come on in the order you select in the pre-battle screen (though I consider the pre-battle screen itself an abomination which should never have been included (AI can't use it, so it gives a very unfair advantage to the player)).

Im looking to play the older MedMods, is there a version of v2 that includes modified unit prod files to the extent that v1 did?
    Otherwise am i better off just playing v1 on MTW v1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagnar View Post
    Im looking to play the older MedMods, is there a version of v2 that includes modified unit prod files to the extent that v1 did?
    Otherwise am i better off just playing v1 on MTW v1.1?
    There are several older versions of MedMod on our host's site, several of them in this list here. Maybe MedMod_2.04 for MTW_VI v2.0.zip is what you are looking for?

I've got a install of 2.04, it doesn't have modified units (removal of factional duplicates, ai unit choice improvments etc) that v1.85 has

You can try v4.07 (see a few posts above).
    Last edited by Stazi; 01-25-2013 at 16:56.