Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using TWS2 what kind of mod would you like to see in the future?

Default Re: Using TWS2 what kind of mod would you like to see in the future?

Im going to check out the demo and hope it gives something to work for modding. If the game will be moddable so one can edit factions, skins, possibly the map.Then im going to mod it. Nothing too ambitious that will take years, but maybe some tweaking for the game to be more realistic and maybe some new campaigns with new Clans.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Just creating a campaign will be nice.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm very impressed with how many mods are already available. It looks like even if the combat and movements speeds are too fast, we'll get mods fixing them very quickly. It also seems like it won't take any time at all to make the smaller clans available to play as. Overall, this is the deciding factor that has decisively convinced me to preorder Shogun 2. The fact that it's so similary to Napoleon means we should see some great mods pretty quickly.

EDIT: 2,000th post! And to think it only took me six years.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 02-24-2011 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    I'm very impressed with how many mods are already available. It looks like even if the combat and movements speeds are too fast, we'll get mods fixing them very quickly. It also seems like it won't take any time at all to make the smaller clans available to play as. Overall, this is the deciding factor that has decisively convinced me to preorder Shogun 2. The fact that it's so similary to Napoleon means we should see some great mods pretty quickly.

EDIT: 2,000th post! And to think it only took me six years.
    Congrats Cecil!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Even though they were totally overpowered and unrealistic I miss the old 1 man units like the Kensai; I need my army of 7 samurai, dangit! ;)
    That's a mod I would want anyways. :)

EDIT: 4th post! And it only took me 7 years!
    Last edited by Saxit; 02-25-2011 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxit View Post
    Even though they were totally overpowered and unrealistic I miss the old 1 man units like the Kensai; I need my army of 7 samurai, dangit! ;)
    That's a mod I would want anyways. :)

EDIT: 4th post! And it only took me 7 years!
    Oh you spammer!Im onto you!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

1) a small, simple mod that increases the range of ships. Allowing ships to move MUCH further each turn was one of the major improvements DarthMod made on Empire. Same realistic premise too. Each turn is 3 months long. I'm pretty sure even those old ships could run up at least one side of Japan in 3 months. Taking 9 months to traverse the inland sea is just plain stupid.

2) a texture mod that makes the campaign and battle maps more colorful, like in Empire. I'm really disappointed with the visuals in S2 so far. All the colors are washed out, everything's grey/brownish, even in Spring and Summer. I swear they just modded the old RTW engine, which had the worst looking campaign and battle maps in the whole TW series. Empire's visuals were SUCH a huge improvement, I'm pissed they regressed.

3) a little mod that adds more coastal villages. Several regions don't have ports, even though they have sandy coasts.

4) a little mod that allows the screen to move up/down, left/right when you move your cursor to the edge, even if that edge has part of the UI on it. Right now, if you have any of the scrolls open and have selected an army or navy, nearly all of the bottom and right sides of the screen are edged with part of the UI, and if you cursor over those parts, the camera won't move. It would also be nice if this mod removed the delay between when you put your cursor to the edge of the screen and when the camera actually starts to move.
    Last edited by Servius; 03-21-2011 at 19:02.
    Fac et Spera

The first version of Darthmod for Shogun 2 is finished and will be released in the next few days!

What I'd like to see is a mod that basically detaches battle and campaign difficulty from each other.
    Or at least allows for more income in the hard+ modes but keeps the battles and campaign still aggressive.

I don't really like fighting with 90% peasant armies in the harder difficulties after winning a campaign or two with that kind of game.
    I'd rather face better troops and use better troops to get more variety in the campaign. I have not finished a campaign yet, but I have a feeling the current game does not give me good enough replay value with its vanilla game.

Add to the economy mod some things like ship speed and perhaps some modding of the movement speeds in battle and I would already get a lot more out of it.

Diplomacy should also allow some alliances / vassals to be more reliable, even after teh realm divide. Perhaps there could be a limit so you can't have too many allies / vassals, but a few reliable ones could be allowed imo.
    Total war games played so far:
    STW, MTW, MTW:VI, RTW, MTW2, ETW, STW2

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rothe View Post
    What I'd like to see is a mod that basically detaches battle and campaign difficulty from each other.
    Or at least allows for more income in the hard+ modes but keeps the battles and campaign still aggressive.
    After the campaign starts, you can go into the settings and edit them individually according to Craig from CA
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My preference would be for rather modular... mods.

1) One that concentrates on polishing the rough edges of the existing game then moving on to slowly adding more to the guts of the game - balancing stats, unlocking features etc.
    2) One that concentrates on adding to the graphics of the game, such as the excellent blood mod does. Simple and focused.
    3) Ones that add units to the game. Always the hardest thing to do as this has the greatest potential to have knock-on effects.
    3)In a world where talented modders have infinite free time and ability then yes, something that places us back into Roman times which is my favourite.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Realistic battle attributes (damage, movement speed, range, etc - would be a hard one to get totally correct) and authentic morale - routs frequently occurring with <20% casualties. I want realism! :D I can dream ...

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Faction unlocks!

Oops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12