Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Blue and the Grey - an American Civil War IH

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Blue and the Grey - an American Civil War IH

Quote Originally Posted by Franconicus View Post
    So we leally managed to interrupt the communication lines pf the rebels. Interesting!
    YAY!

Not for too long, damned Yankee´s. Orders sent.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Member Member Vladimir Fred-nin's Avatar

Some of you guys really need to start being more strategic about things. You need to have set goals to complete each turn, not stuff as simple as "order all troops to attack". You need to try to get the enemy pushed back, and many times that is accomplished via maneuvering, not direct assault.

Just saying this as a heads up. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt View Post
    If you guys had actually been in charge, Obama would be picking cotton on Donald Trump's plantation today!!

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Well, you are definetly right! But I think some maps and more details about the position of my troops and the enemy might help!

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Well, you are definetly right! But I think some maps and more details about the position of my troops and the enemy might help!
    You are trapped in the backwoods of WV in an area haunted by Motheman and Chief Cornstalk. http://www.mothmanmuseum.com/Mothman...y/unusual.html

You have no food or water and everyone hates you.

You should just go away before you get hurt.

find your own maps... aren't you in the army?

Last edited by Fisherking; 05-08-2011 at 16:33.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Union fellow. Let me give you a tip.
    All you need to do is to climb on a hill before sunrise. Position yourself, so that the sun will rise from your left. Sit there the whole day and when the sun eventually goes down on your right side, aim yourself smack right middle where the sun was at its peak and you are heading South.That´a where you find a fight.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Good to see people are back in the spirit of the game again. :)
    If you guys had actually been in charge, Obama would be picking cotton on Donald Trump's plantation today!!

Oh, and if any of you happen to lose your entire army next turn, please consult this song:

TURN 6:

This turn, alot of **** happened, to put it bluntly. Alot of major ****. Let's start out with the Eastern theatre, shall we?

Over the past year, the Army of Virginia has shipped men secretly from their bases in Ohio to the Parkersburg Rail head in Western Virginia. From there, they discreetly marched east, through Virginia, across the Potomac, and then found Washington, D.C., defended only by 2 roughly half-strength Infantry Corps and a so-large-it's-a-Corps-esc Infantry Division. Seeing that they outnumbered the defenders by 5:2, they decide to attack Washington. Teaming up with the Western Department's positions on Arlington Heights, they bring their massive artillery advantage to bear; 200 Confederate Guns, 0 Federal Guns. The Confederate Attack Columns begin moving toward the outskirts of the city...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Second Siege of Washington D.C.

USA: I and V Corps, Army of Pennsylvania + I Division, Maryland Corps(34,329 Men)
    CSA: Army of Virginia(87,062 Men, 100 Guns)
    V Corps + 3rd Artillery Brigade, Western Department(8,724 Men, 100 Guns)

Opening skirmish:
    USA: 1st Infantry Brigade, Army of Pennsylvania(1,819 Men)
    CSA: 1st Infantry Brigade, Army of Virginia(2,690 Men)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 102 Killed, 204 Wounded
    CSA: 143 Killed, 287 Wounded

Result: The vanguards of both forces open fire on one another outside Washington. The smaller Federal force is forced to fall back, despite causing the Confederates heavier casualties, retreating back to their trenches on the outskirts of town.

Confederate Main Assault:
    USA: I and V Corps, Army of Pennsylvania + I Division, Maryland Corps(34,227 Men)

CSA: I, II, III, IV, and V Corps, Army of Virginia(53,515 Men)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 1,600 Killed, 3,201 Wounded
    CSA: 2,567 Killed, 5,133 Wounded

Result: The Outnumbered Federals put up a tenacious defense of their positions, pinning down and butchering the lead Confederate Brigades, but as more and more Co nfederate troops were stacked against them, eventually the Federal troops broke and began a disorganized rout down Pennsylvania Avenue. A lucky cannonball flies through the White House window, forcibly removing President Lincoln's chest cavity. With the majority of their city taken, and their president dead, the Federals form up around the White House for one last stand, and...

Confederate Artillery Barrage:
    USA: I and V Corps, Army of Pennsylvania + I Division, Maryland Corps(32,627 Men)
    CSA: All Artillery(200 Guns)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 2,417 Killed, 4,834 Wounded
    CSA: None

...The Confederate Artillery let loose a hellish fury on the Federal positions. With no defensive works to hide in, they are slaughtered all along the Washington Mall and Capitol Hill. Shells, Canister Shot, Quicklime Shot, Solid Cannonballs, all of them take their deadly toll. When the rain of death ceases, the Federal Garrison of Washington surrenders. The Confederates have taken the capital of the United States.

Total Casualties:
    USA: 4,119 Killed, 8,239 Wounded, 30,210 Captured(wounded included)
    34,329 Casualties Total

CSA: 2,710 Killed, 5,420 Wounded
    8,130 Casualties Total

Result: Devestating Confederate Victory, all non-casualty Federal forces surrender, President Lincoln killed, Washington, D.C. Falls; Army of Pennsylvania loses the I and V Corps, Federal Maryland Corps loses the I Division, both now have no base of operations.

With this disaster in the East, the Army of Pennsylvania is trapped out in the open, reduced not only by that encounter, but also by this battle that took place only a day previous. You see, the majority of the AoP and the Maryland Corps were gone because they were, once again, attacking Lee redoubt, in an attempt to turn the Western Department's right flank, and destroy their defensive line running southeast, along the Pawtuxet river.

Second Battle of Lee Redoubt
    USA: II, III, IV, VI, VII, and Cavalry Corps, Army of Pennsylvania; II Division, Maryland Corps
    (84,830 Men, 160 Guns)

CSA: Army of North Carolina, Confederate Maryland Corps
    (69,960 Men, 100 Guns)

The Federal Night attack is attempted, but is quickly stopped due to a heavy rainstorm.

Federal assault on the Confederate Skirmish line:
    USA: III, IV, VI, and VII Corps, Army of Pennsylvania(50,096 Men, 109 Guns)
    CSA: 32nd, 33rd, and 34th Cavalry Brigades(6,000 Men)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 2,722 Killed, 5,443 Wounded
    CSA: 408 Killed, 916 Wounded

Result: Dismounted Confederate Cavalry put up dogged resistance against overwhelming Federal forces until they are forcefully driven off, sustaining over 20% casualties

Federal assault on the Lee Redoubt:
    USA: II, III, IV, VI, and VII Corps, Army of Pennsylvania(60,066 Men, 109 Guns)
    II Division, Maryland Corps(13,116 Men, 51 Guns)

CSA: I, II, and III Corps + 10th Artillery Brigade, Army of North Carolina(33,435 Men, 50 Guns)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 3,875 Killed, 7,750 Wounded, 4,000 Captured
    CSA: 1,627 Killed, 3,254 Wounded, 2,000 Captured

Result: As the battle wore on, the Federals continued their bloody assault, aiming to capture the Lee Redoubt; However, after fierce volleys and bayonet fighting, they only captured 2,000 Rebel Prisoners.

Confederate Counterattack:
    USA: II Corps, Army of Pennsylvania(10,942 Men)
    CSA: Conf. Maryland Corps(30,425 Men, 50 Guns)

Casualties and Losses:
    USA: 669 Killed, 1,339 Wounded, 1,500 Captured
    CSA: 474 Killed, 947 Wounded (All inflicted on I Division)

Result: A distress message sent to the nearby Maryland Corps was well timed, and just as the disastrous attack fails, the Confederate Maryland Corps comes swinging around the Army of North Carolina's right flank, similar to a door on a hinge, and sweeps the Federal forces away. The Federal troops are utterly routed.

Total Casualties:
    USA: 7,266 Killed, 14,532 Wounded, 5,500 Captured
    27,298 Casualties total

CSA: 2,509 Killed, 5,117 Wounded, 2,000 Captured
    9,626 Casualties total

Result: Major Confederate Victory, Army of Pennsylvania dissolves from a massive amount of desertion

These twin disasters completely shatter the morale of the Army of Pennsylvania, and virtually the entire army deserts. In the Eastern Theatre, the only remaining threat to the Confederacy is the Army of New York.

Now, let us turn our attention to the Western theatre:

This turn, the Army of Rhode Island managed to escape through the small hole it punched through the Confederate Lines, however it proceded slowly once it escaped. This allowed the Confederate Army of Western Virginia to maneuvre quickly south to defeat it, managing to catch up with it in a small, unnamed town in the woods; However, instead of fighting, the Army of Rhode Island, which was battered by low rations, ammunition, and racked with disease(not to mention the near-shattered morale from hearing of Washington), decided to surrender.

The Forest Peace Accords
    USA: Army of Rhode Island(107,262 Men, 120 Guns)
    CSA: Army of Western Virginia(68,536 Men, 100 Guns)

Federal Surrender:
    Casualties and Losses:
    USA: Entire army surrenders(107,262 Men, 120 Guns)
    CSA: None

With the loss of this army, the only remaining Federal forces of any significance are the Armies of New York and Ohio. The Confederates are very close to their independence indeed, but they still have a long way to go...

This concludes Turn 6. Please send in orders for Turn 7 Immediately.

As for Warman and Franconicus, you are allowed to take command of either the Army of New York or the Army of Ohio, should either of you wish. PM me with your decisions, and the army you are taking, if you decide to.

I will begin updating numbers now.
    Last edited by Vladimir Fred-nin; 05-09-2011 at 00:51.

Oh, and because of the nullification of the threat in the East, the Confederate Maryland Corps and Army of North Carolina are disbanded as well.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

damn good job lee and jackson.... i mean fisherking and kage. (in whatever order yall desire)

As a final announcement, I am suspending recruitment for the rest of the game. At such an endgame, I'd like to see you guys fight it out with what you've got. ;)

So Union fellows. Are you ready to sit down into negotiations table, or do we have to provide some more smackdown your way?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

I don't intend on coming to any table right now.

How cam my army surrender? I always thought I was the commander, didn't I have to sign any documents or so to surrender.

All you need to do is to climb on a hill before sunrise. Position yourself, so that the sun will rise from your left. Sit there the whole day and when the sun eventually goes down on your right side, aim yourself smack right middle where the sun was at its peak and you are heading South.That´a where you find a fight.
    Thank you, Kagemusha-san, for your generous advice. Some orientation was exactly what was missing, in deed! I am sure your tippwill help us perform better in the future!
    Last edited by Franconicus; 05-09-2011 at 18:19.

Blog Entries

And how can my whole entire army just desert? Isn't it kinda unfair to not allow us to recruit since I want to fight on and me and Fran will be severly outnumbered.

For you rotten rebels!

For me and Fran to listen to;

How cam my army surrender? I always thought I was the commander, didn't I have to sign any documents or so to surrender.
    Well, seeing as your ammo was EXTREMELY low, and as several others have pointed out, you should have taken casualties from disease after being huddled together in the cold in the wilderness for so long, and if you tried to cross the river, you would have had to leave your horses and cannons behind, as the Rebels controlled every nearby bridge and road.

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEOFKINGWARMAN88 View Post
    And how can my whole entire army just desert? Isn't it kinda unfair to not allow us to recruit since I want to fight on and me and Fran will be severly outnumbered.

Well, you've been ordering pointless and costly attacks ever since you beat the Rebs out of Washington(by a slim margin, might I add), and you never really tried to hit them where they were weak; you chopped your army up into groups and had the larger group attack heavily fortified positions just last turn, while the smaller group got nearly annihilated by Kage's army which had just arrived. At that point, Morale should have been extremely low, especially with the news of the death of the President, the fall of Washington, the complete destruction or capture of the equivalent of 3 Corps, and the deaths of thousands of men, all within a few days' time.

Warman has taken control of the Army of New York, so Franconicus, if you want to take control of the Army of Ohio, just let me know.

Nice to see another TWCer here, Fred :P

Ohaithar MMM :P

Warman has taken control of the Army of New York, so Franconicus, if you want to take control of the Army of Ohio, just let me know.
    Aright, Warman wants to go on fighting - I won't let him down!!
    Fred, could you give me some info about my army, the strength, the units, the moral, supply, experience, position and all we know about the enemy?
    And tell everybody that I will shoot every soldier or officer that even thinks about surrendering without my clear order!

This is most unnecessary, but if you force our hand to crush you, then so be it.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Well, I lost my way in the wilderness of the south. Let us see how you perform in the civilized north!

Fred, could you give me some info about my army, the strength, the units, the moral, supply, experience, position and all we know about the enemy?
    And tell everybody that I will shoot every soldier or officer that even thinks about surrendering without my clear order!
    The Strength and Units are listed on page 2. I update an army's units and their strengths every turn.

Morale is so/so, supply is excellent at the moment. experience is so/so, some units have alot, some have none, but the army has done it's share of fighting against the Army of Virginia. It has been stationed in Columbus, OH for the past 2-3 turns, IIRC.

I say again, guys, start getting orders in please! :)

Blog Entries

Thank you my loyal ally! We will go Frederick the Great on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    This is most unnecessary, but if you force our hand to crush you, then so be it.

You say DC, I say remember the battle of Rossbach .

I would like to remember the honored Kagemusha-san that he may be victorious now, but he may keep in mind that Fortuna is a woman! She may change her favorites soon!

It make take a couple of days until I will be able to send my orders.

Blog Entries

Same here.

Okay, that's fine.

If the confed. armies retreat from Washington and move to Richmond, we would think about giving them a ceasefire and would even think about discussing their political demands.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast