Thread: Problems with playing EB

Default Problems with playing EB

Hi,

I just installed EB but when I click on "EB Play" my computer starts running vanilla.
    I'm using Windows 7 and I haven't had any problems with RTW.
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Problems with playing EB

Don't install EB in Program Files, things can get messy...
    About your problem:
    My EB shortcut doesn't work!
    Sorry about that. A product of lacking experience with creating installers, I made a mistake when creating the shortcuts that start EB 1.2.

* Use the Trivial Script to start EB instead of the start menu shortcut. You need to have installed this as part of EB 1.1.
    * Modify the shortcut target. Move the end quote from the end of the line to directly after RomeTW.exe and it should work (goes for both the new shortcuts in 1.2). For instance, instead of "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -show_err -ne" it should be "C:\My games\RomeEB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne.
    Check the FAQ if you are new to the mod: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84854
    Some frequent issues: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ng-around-them

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Thanks. But I cannot find the trivial script and the shortcut target was correct.
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Trivial Script is a optional feature of EB that comes withe the 1.1 installer, if you opt in four shortcuts are created in your RTW folder (EB Singeplayer, EB Multiplayer, EB Settings, EB Configuration). In case this is unchecked the installer creates the EB-Play shortcut which is incorrect but that is solved by my first post (lokk at the " ).

You always can create a new shortcut to RomeTW.exe, open the settings and edit the target line by adding -mod:eb -show_err -ne to the end of your target line.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions