Thread: Why

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Why

Do i have to spend today between here and going over my 15,000 word dissertatino checking for any little errors?

Why does my teacher from my history course have to be crazy and thikn we care so much about are subject we want to do all that crap.

Why did work have to flood yesterday so the shifts were messed up and there were points where it was just me v 20-odd people in the queue.

Why did I make this thread.

Why.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default Re: Why

i qualify this as spam.

We do not sow.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I qualifty all of these posts as spam.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Where would the world be without spam?
    Silence is beautiful

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Do i have to spend today between here and going over my 15,000 word dissertatino checking for any little errors?

Why does my teacher from my history course have to be crazy and thikn we care so much about are subject we want to do all that crap.

Why did work have to flood yesterday so the shifts were messed up and there were points where it was just me v 20-odd people in the queue.

Why did I make this thread.

Why.
    Why?

Because!

Aside from the fact that you had better not spell it as "dessertatino" for your teacher, I am very interested in the subject of this 15,000 word work of yours.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Hey bud, it might be lonely at the top, but it's a at the bottom.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Please excuse this outburst of spam, I can almost feel my brain melting these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut View Post
    Aside from the fact that you had better not spell it as "dessertatino" for your teacher, I am very interested in the subject of this 15,000 word work of yours.
    I'm looking at the English Civil War and Scottish Covenanters etc and arguing that it was a British Civil War. Might well be your history if your Canadian (you're an English speaker in Quebec I believe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Hey bud, it might be lonely at the top, but it's a at the bottom.
    You don't really feel like your at the top when you spend most of your time handing out fried chicken and mopping up urine.

I really need to go on a holiday and do something different... or something.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Try writing poetry.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Being around fried chicken all day would be enough to make me plenty happy. The urine would just be a bonus. But I guess we are all different.

Buck up, little camper. And pretending that you are as facinated with the subject as your professor is a great way to come out on top of the grading curve and maybe even on top of the professor, if that be your thang
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

I'm looking at the English Civil War and Scottish Covenanters etc and arguing that it was a British Civil War. Might well be your history if your Canadian (you're an English speaker in Quebec I believe)?
    The war of the Roses?

Yep, I'm an English pig-dog in Kweebek.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    And pretending that you are as facinated with the subject as your professor is a great way to come out on top of the grading curve and maybe even on top of the professor, if that be your thang
    Eh she must be around 60 yrs old.

But maybe if urine excites you so much it would be your thang?

And before I connect the above two thoughts, I'm going to disappear...

The war of the Roses?

Yep, I'm an English pig-dog in Kweebek.
    Nah, Cromwell etc. Much more exciting than the War of the Roses, less old feudal dynastic struggles and more ideological crazyness.

Nah, Cromwell etc. Much more exciting than the War of the Roses, less old feudal dynastic struggles and more ideological crazyness.
    Neat. Just watched the movie (again) a few days ago and have been listening to lectures about medieval (and later) England as well.

15,000 words. I'm impressed. Any parts you would care to copy here I would enjoy reading. If not, s'cool.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I'd still hit it. Older women are prescious national resources, not unlike the Alaskan frontier, who yearn to be exploited, used and drilled. They are not unlike the Empire State Building, where you will climb to the top and yell "hey world, look at me" after inserting a dollar into the looky-thingy. They are not unlike the Grand Canyon, where they yearn to be explored, and have pictures taken by of them by a little Japanese man dressed like Magnum PI.

You, my friend, are only young once. And she will only be old once.

Go for the gusto, and raise that grade.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Neat. Just watched the movie (again) a few days ago and have been listening to lectures about medieval (and later) England as well.

15,000 words. I'm impressed. Any parts you would care to copy here I would enjoy reading. If not, s'cool.
    15,000 words was ridiculously tight, I had it at over 20,000 and had to cut it back, could easily have wrote 50,000+ with the research. You can have the whole thing if you want, unless there are rules about not showing them to people. I can't think why there would be though if they don't give feedback though.

I've only seen a bit of the film myself. I like the bit where Cromwell saw the cross in the church and went into a hulk-like rage and trashed the place. A bit of artistic license there maybe.

@MRD: No. Just. No. You're going to make my 4-5,000 a day calorie diet return with a vengeance upon my keyboard talking like that...
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 02-09-2011 at 02:27.

15,000 words was ridiculously tight, I had it at over 20,000 and had to cut it back, could easily have wrote 50,000+ with the research. You can have the whole thing if you want, unless there are rules about not showing them to people. I can't think why there would be though if they don't give feedback though.

I've only seen a bit of the film myself. I like the bit where Cromwell saw the cross in the church and went into a hulk-like rage and trashed the place. A bit of artistic license there maybe.
    The film, like Lawrence of Arabia, mixes the facts around so as to better suit the picture. So things he might have done five-years apart in real life get done at the same time in the film. But Richard Harris is great as Cromwell.

I can't honestly say I would read the whole thing, but I would certainly like to read some of it. Your opening and closing in particular. How long to write out those 20,000 words, and what level of schooling is this for?

Do you have your own books or use a public library? (Both I would imagine.) And the Interweebs as well, I guess.

It's the big project for my 4 year degree (BA). It's all using the Uni library, about half of it is primary source stuff. Bear in mind though, it presumes a bit of knowledge on the existing historiography, don't know how familiar you are with it.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

so much more respect for writing in about any other country than holland.

We do not sow.

It's the big project for my 4 year degree (BA). It's all using the Uni library, about half of it is primary source stuff. Bear in mind though, it presumes a bit of knowledge on the existing historiography,
    Very cool.

don't know how familiar you are with it.
    On any site but this one, I would say I know more than most. Here, I am average at best. A lot of Orgsters have their history down cold.

Well, if you're still interested, I'll send you it on Monday (the hand in date, just in case there are issues about not showing it to people).

I can sympathize, having finished my own thesis about a half a year ago. What was once a specific, interesting, and self-motivating topic slowly transformed into an insatiable, time-consuming pit of frustration and indifference.
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.