Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Crusades HS: The Levantine Struggle (completed, winner: Thanatos Eclipse)

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: Kingdoms Crusades Hotseat: The Levantine Struggle

Yes, it would beat the one-side view write-up some of us did for the preceding Crusades hotseat campaign
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-21-2011 at 14:33.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Last edited by Lachin; 02-21-2011 at 19:21.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

I'm assuming, unless I hear otherwise, that NB is not making a formal complaint about the alleged destruction of buildings at Ascalon and that I don't need to investigate this. Send me a PM if this is not the case.

Just as a reminder, destroying buildings is banned in this hotseat.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Oh, I didn't even remember it was banned, so I did not mean to accuse him of cheating. I was thinking that it was within the rules, just some sneakiness on his part. I believe him completely that he didn't though, I just thought it started with more buildings in it. Do not bother to check any saves.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Oh, I didn't even remember it was banned, so I did not mean to accuse him of cheating. I was thinking that it was within the rules, just some sneakiness on his part. I believe him completely that he didn't though, I just thought it started with more buildings in it. Do not bother to check any saves.
    I thought so.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

oops, forgot to upload the save. I thought it was my turn again after one day!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid8751
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I bought myself four turns of time. Better than what I was expecting.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

lol, I thought as much. Truthfully I was just advancing full on anyway, I was doing everything I could to provoke you into war with me.
    :)

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan de Castelreng View Post
    Yes, it would beat the one-side view write-up some of us did for the preceding Crusades hotseat campaign
    By the way I greatly enjoyed reading this back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    By the way I greatly enjoyed reading this back in the day.
    And I greatly enjoyed both playing and writing it... Though I used my fair share of not-yet banned exploits in those days... Dirty fighting...

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

And I greatly enjoyed both playing and writing it... Though I used my fair share of not-yet banned exploits in those days... Dirty fighting...
    Ugh, don't remind me. I was using surround-and-destroy on your agents 3 at a time just to break even. If it wasn't for Zim and Doug-Thompson (come back!) coaching me you would have plowed right through Asia Minor.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Doug-Thompson (come back!)
    Yes, come back !!

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Yes, come back !!
    Thirded. I consider Doug-Thompson and Sinan my horse-archer mentors.

The only thing I missed in that hotseat back then was seeing Doug in command of a horse archer army, live... Auto-resolve didn't give him a testimony of his true skills... In retrospect, it's perhaps better or this hotseat would have ended much sooner for me...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-26-2011 at 01:00.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Ja mata

TosaInu

Guys, Tosa has just pointed out to me that we have the ability to upload files directly to the post in this thread using the 'manage attachments' button. So no need to use either the org uploader or any external file hosting sites.

I can't believe I never noticed this before! Thanks Tosa!

EDIT: by the way my AAR for turn one is now complete in the other thread. Please add stories of your own to flesh it out if you are inspired. Just make sure you reference which turn the story relates to so the reader can understand.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 02-27-2011 at 23:49.

Blog Entries

Tristan, how goes?

I'll skip this turn later today to keep things moving if I haven't heard from him by the time I get home (8 hours or so)

EDIT: Unless he is allied with someone who can sub for him? I'm a bit nervous of that in these small games where neighbours can turn enemies at the drop of a hat...
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-02-2011 at 01:44.

Blog Entries

I mean... Jerusalem and Antioch are in-game allies but I couldn't even pretend to say I know Tristan's ultimate intent.

All in all I wouldn't feel comfortable with taking his turn unless he gives me express permission to do so in the future.

Sorry I didn't get a PM (I think...) so I didn't notice my turn was up... I'll play it tonite when I get home...

EDIT : I checked and I did not get a PM and missed the post here.
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 03-02-2011 at 09:48.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

sorry, my fault, I played too many turns in too many games at once and forgot to send some pms.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast