Thread: New battle voices mod v1.0

Default New battle voices mod v1.0

Hi MTW Main hallers!

I have created new sounds for troops shouting and dying in the battle mode. Finally, we are rid of the
    old Shogun yells and cries which are somewhat unsuitable for the medieval battlefields of Europe.

Now, IMHO the men sound a bit more closer to what they should!

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=90233

Just unzip, and drop the included files in the Medieval - Total War\Sounds\Battle\Troops folder.
    Choose "Yes" to overwrite the files.

Feel free to tell me what you all think...

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: New battle voices mod v1.0

Yup, 1 Download... :)

Trevligt att höra! Hur går det med Redux på sistone då? Det är bara att använda ljuden i din mod om du vill

(I'm just asking Axalon how Redux is going along, don't be alarmed... never mind the IKEA-speak)

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Hahah "IKEA-speak", I love it. I also love IKEA music and IKEA movies (I believe the original title is Låt den rätte komma in)!

Can I ask where did you get the sounds from? Or how did you make them?
    They're quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Even as the eagle, when he mark'th a man straying thereout in the field, doth hastily glide and hover o'er him, that he might pluck what vermin fodder flee before the man, so do I, seeing our fellow Durango make suddenly a thread in this guild, come swiftly to attention, that I might apprehend what advantageous gifts he may yield.

Downloaded.

@Raz: Cool that you like the sounds! They are from my old Half-Life 2 and Counterstrike: Source modding projects
    that I just discovered anew, but I sadly can't remember where I got them from. I would love to give credit to
    whoever found them first, even though they are most likely from some other game. What I did was arrange, normalize
    pitch and adjust volume as well as convert them using audio editing software.

And yes, that movie is quite good

But the Danes are embarrassingly adept at making movies compared to us Swedes.... I'm reminded of that while
    watching Valhalla Rising recently. Highly recommended!

@Glenn: Even though it is naught but a tiny detail, it pleases my mind that Sir Glenn finds this little contribution
    wothwhile.

Thanks for this - will try it shortly.

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Gollum, I hope you are not offended by me saying that the STW sounds are wrong for MTW,
    as I only meant that they are inappropriate

The STW voices sound asian enough that it's noticeable. Especially when the men on the battlefield are
    fighting in small group or chasing routers, they really sounded like Samurai duking it out! And that's also
    where you'll notice the difference my sounds make the most.

I was planning to create completely new order voices too, but to my horror they are totally hardcoded...
    Who wouldn't have loved a Briton, Norse, Steppe etc. category? A real EB style overhaul, with the
    Byzantines sounding greek and all.

Nice voices:) They are better than the ones I intended to use for my mod. May I use them for the VikingInvasion III mod, Durango ? Thank you !

No offence whatsoever Durango.

The vanilla battle cries don;t fit the era - they are great for STW but not for MTW - CA was just saving money in doing it this way, but there's no reason why not to improve on it on mods.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I wonder if it's still accessible anywhere?

Found this on my hdd. The archive has the same date as OP post so I think this is it.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Thank you!