Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ασια των βαρβαρων - Asia ton Barbaron

Default Re: Ασια των βαρβαρων - Asia ton Barbaron

Maybe, but the game will also be kind of boring in India. After all, there is not doubt in anyone's mind who will always win in India. That is more certain than knowing that the Casse will always conquer Brittania (not someone else). Unless it is the player taking control of the Pandyas, then the Pandyas never would stand a chance, which would really be lame. The power vacuum after the Mauryas' fall would really exciting and up in the air, though, which would help this mod live up to its name.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    Maybe, but the game will also be kind of boring in India. After all, there is not doubt in anyone's mind who will always win in India. That is more certain than knowing that the Casse will always conquer Brittania (not someone else). Unless it is the player taking control of the Pandyas, then the Pandyas never would stand a chance, which would really be lame. The power vacuum after the Mauryas' fall would really exciting and up in the air, though, which would help this mod live up to its name.
    Yet... You like the Getai/Sauro/Sweboz blitz on Eleutheroi cities?

You have no idea how the collapse will be played out, there will be no superpowered maurya, and if there is, well; you could also go to EB and point out why the AS was overpowered.

Cease this discussion please. Thank you.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-10-2011 at 04:28.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

I am just trying to help, you know.

I am just trying to help, you know.
    I know you are, but if you would like to help, go to the freakin dev forums and help there!

~Jirisys ()

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Why do you want Maurya to be dead??(I object to that since my family is originally of that region )
    For the sake of gameplay I think. Not to give the work easy to unite India. Maurya would be a superpower with no challenge in India, but if you begin after his collapse, Sunga can be challenged by other powers (Gandhara, Satavahana, Kalinga maybe....)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFinger View Post
    For the sake of gameplay I think. Not to give the work easy to unite India. Maurya would be a superpower with no challenge in India, but if you begin after his collapse, Sunga can be challenged by other powers (Gandhara, Satavahana, Kalinga maybe....)
    Precisely my reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    I know you are, but if you would like to help, go to the freakin dev forums and help there!

~Jirisys ()
    But those are for members only, right?

But those are for members only, right?
    You can visit and register on our development forum; where you are welcomed to have a good time and chat with either us, or many other fans of this mod. However the development area will be kept secret to many so that we may surprise you; nonetheless you can still post any ideas or suggestions for the mod in the respective section.

Here's the link: Development Forum
    Ugh...

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-11-2011 at 04:15.

It won't let me post in there, foo. You have to have an account there, or something.

It won't let me post in there, foo. You have to have an account there, or something.

Then... MAKE THE ACCOUNT!

Oh the humanity...

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by Ludens; 03-11-2011 at 20:59. Reason: too much negativity

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

well, that's just will make another (insert mauryan colour)-death

but why not earlier as well?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

U14 Footballer Member G. Septimus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then... MAKE THE ACCOUNT!

Oh the humanity...

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by Ludens; 03-11-2011 at 20:59. Reason: edited quote
    x2

Big Romani Fan
    Die Manschaaft
    ]

Der Rekordmeister

Default Pre-Preview 1: Introduction

Ασια των βαρβαρων - Asia ton Barbaron

ΑΝΔΡΩΝ ΕΠΙΦΑΝΩΝ ΠΑΣΑ Η ΓΗ ΤΑΦΟΣ - The grave of great men is the whole Earth.

-Thucydides

Greetings, Europa Barbarorum fans.
    From this day forward we will start bombarding you with previews, maybe this way we can increase our chances of getting our so needed modelers. And maybe get a little more interest coming our way.
    I also hope these few months will be enjoyable to us all and that we finish it in due time.

So; without further a-do.

--------------------------------

Oh great nobles, soldiers and countrymen! Men who make all kingdoms great, for without you, they would not survive, you bring wise advice, you offer protection from the onslaught of other men, whom their eyes are filled with jelousy and hatred; you bring food to all, you give your ruler's army what they most need when they are far from home. You are what keep together an empire, a kingdom, a city.

Yet the kings and emperors do not know much about what you see and what you know, for they are busy men, and cannot listen to every single subject of them. Now I must write what you know, to give it to my ruler, as he is always weary of what step to take next, please oh glorious men. Do not keep any secrets from me, as you will be keeping them from your king.

That is why he calls me, a man whose work is not known and not wanted. However, we have to do it, for the rulers need us, to understand what his lands need, and which ones will become annexed to his great rule.

But what of us? What word do we bring to our noblemen, our kings and emperors, our consules or autokratores?
    Well, here we are all reunited, gathered without any knowledge of the others, but knowing that they will not betray our secret, for the wrath of their rulers will not be the only ones that fall upon them.
    This meeting must be kept secret, our kings will not be happy to hear what we have done.

Now it is my turn to start this meeting, reading the writings that I gave the king a few days ago. His rule is great and his military might is greater, feared by even the bravest man of their lands. But no one knows how powerful we truly are.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-15-2011 at 03:18.

Nice faction symbol!

You misspelled Thucydides.

Nice faction symbol!

You misspelled Thucydides.
    Thank you, edited.

~Jirisys (Ah... The dangers of the Insert key.)
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-13-2011 at 05:31.

Blog Entries

Jiri, ripping up old ATB symbol and stuff up things with incomprehensible and unclear sentences are not good.

~ this hijacked project proved to be hopeless afterall *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf
    Jiri, ripping up old ATB symbol and stuff up things with incomprehensible and unclear sentences are not good.

~ this hijacked project proved to be hopeless afterall *facepalm*
    I would like to assess you that I made it myself from scratch, I have the PSD to prove it. Second, this is not a preview itself, I think that common sense and logic would tell you that what you call "incomprehensible and unclear senteces" (then follows awful grammar) cannot be a full preview. Third, you should not state the same thing on both forums, as it makes you look like you are trolling (which you are)

I'm off, I will leave you with a memetic image for your pleasure.

[Removed - Ludens]

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by Ludens; 03-13-2011 at 11:34.

Blog Entries

hmm... this 3 lion symbol:

has level of details that can only be made by VECTOR IMAGE, claiming that the original file was PSD just prove that you try to claim Skullhead's Work for yourself by making the background blue instead of the original marble green. Plus, the "rim" of the symbol is pretty much too identical, making it obvious you copy the original PNG file that was posted in old AtB dev forum.

It is actually better to say you have their permission (which will be granted easily, and I believe we have no qualms against it), but the very fact that you try to claim that as your own is plain ridiculous and wrong things to do.

that's all

(PS: I make this statement openly on both forum so all could know who you really are)
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 03-13-2011 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    hmm... this 3 lion symbol:

has level of details that can only be made by VECTOR IMAGE, claiming that the original file was PSD just prove that you try to claim Skullhead's Work for yourself by making the background blue instead of the original marble green. Plus, the "rim" of the symbol is pretty much too identical, making it obvious you copy the original PNG file that was posted in old AtB dev forum.

It is actually better to say you have their permission (which will be granted easily, and I believe we have no qualms against it), but the very fact that you try to claim that as your own is plain ridiculous and wrong things to do.

that's all

(PS: I make this statement openly on both forum so all could know who you really are)
    Hey man, chill. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill right now.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jirisys, Cute Wolf, check your PM.

Everybody else, please dial down the hostility a notch.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Pre-Preview 1: Introduction

-Thucydides

Greetings, Europa Barbarorum fans.
    From this day forward we will start bombarding you with previews, maybe this way we can increase our chances of getting our so needed modelers. And maybe get a little more interest coming our way.
    I also hope these few months will be enjoyable to us all and that we finish it in due time.

So; without further a-do.

--------------------------------

Oh great nobles, soldiers and countrymen! Men who make all kingdoms great, for without you, they would not survive, you bring wise advice, you offer protection from the onslaught of other men, whom their eyes are filled with jelousy and hatred; you bring food to all, you give your ruler's army what they most need when they are far from home. You are what keep together an empire, a kingdom, a city.

Yet the kings and emperors do not know much about what you see and what you know, for they are busy men, and cannot listen to every single subject of them. Now I must write what you know, to give it to my ruler, as he is always weary of what step to take next, please oh glorious men. Do not keep any secrets from me, as you will be keeping them from your king.

That is why he calls me, a man whose work is not known and not wanted. However, we have to do it, for the rulers need us, to understand what his lands need, and which ones will become annexed to his great rule.

But what of us? What word do we bring to our noblemen, our kings and emperors, our consules or autokratores?
    Well, here we are all reunited, gathered without any knowledge of the others, but knowing that they will not betray our secret, for the wrath of their rulers will not be the only ones that fall upon them.
    This meeting must be kept secret, our kings will not be happy to hear what we have done.

Now it is my turn to start this meeting, reading the writings that I gave the king a few days ago. His rule is great and his military might is greater, feared by even the bravest man of their lands. But no one knows how powerful we truly are.

~Jirisys ()
    Due to the unfortunate banter, I'll quote the Pre-Preview 1 here

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-15-2011 at 03:19.

nice logo(whoever made it^^) and I like the Image above too but that is no reason to quote it, that just makes the thread longer and less clear.

furthermore I haven't noticed any more real progress since the change in management, I rather have the feeling that this thread mainly features discussions that (in a way)had been held years ago :(
    and hostility

btw I know that concepts, images, historical research etc take lots of time and are important for a project like this(things I often do for mods actually) but in this case it really is time to spread out some texture/ingame previews, otherwise Jirisys will bury the already dead AtB instead of reviving it.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    nice logo(whoever made it^^) and I like the Image above too but that is no reason to quote it, that just makes the thread longer and less clear.

furthermore I haven't noticed any more real progress since the change in management, I rather have the feeling that this thread mainly features discussions that (in a way)had been held years ago :(
    and hostility

btw I know that concepts, images, historical research etc take lots of time and are important for a project like this(things I often do for mods actually) but in this case it really is time to spread out some texture/ingame previews, otherwise Jirisys will bury the already dead AtB instead of reviving it.
    I made it thanks.

I quoted it because of all the banter, the pre-preview will be overlooked.

Do not mind the hostility, moderators are here to remove any sort of it.

Have I told you that our first full preview will be (hopefully) done for friday

You don't see progress because you're outside Santa's factory. If you get in you will notice all the unpaid elves being exploited to death

~Jirisys (I'm kidding about the elves part)

You don't see progress because you're outside Santa's factory. If you get in you will notice all the unpaid elves being exploited to death

~Jirisys (I'm kidding about the elves part)
    Lies...*cough*...kill him...*choke*...please!...*dies*

nah I don't mind the hostility, It's just sooooo entertaining! but I know that it does not belong here, like beer at work!

honestly, everyone who skims through the thread sees this HUGE banner, It's not like there are any other large images that draw ones attention, so no reason to quote it.

if you show me some candy I may come into Santa's factory but when I don't have proof that there is candy inside I have no reason to follow that tired little elf with a chain around his neck into the building!!
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    nah I don't mind the hostility, It's just sooooo entertaining! but I know that it does not belong here, like beer at work!

honestly, everyone who skims through the thread sees this HUGE banner, It's not like there are any other large images that draw ones attention, so no reason to quote it.

if you show me some candy I may come into Santa's factory but when I don't have proof that there is candy inside I have no reason to follow that tired little elf with a chain around his neck into the building!!
    Wait a week more and lots and lots of candy will be given

~Jirisys ()

Default Official Announcement 1

-Thucydides

Official Announcement

Greeting Europa Barbarorum fans.
    I have several announcements to make from the whole team.
    I will not keep you waiting.

1. We are currently working hard on our next preview, however it is possible it will be delayed a few days, possibly until next week. Other matters require a lot from us too.
    2. A contest will be devised: After each preview, you can post here your guesses for the next faction we are going to preview, only one guess is allowed, and the first person to guess correctly before the next pre-preview will be granted Team Member Access to our development forum until the full preview comes out. Of course, as you may have deducted; team members can't participate in this contest.
    3. We are currently in dire need for a modeler and a skinner. While some of us can do a tad of both, we need someone who is can do more complex things. We urge you to help us, if you do; we might even get more and more previews sooner.
    4. Also here we would like to announce our 2D art; first one is the logo, which is in the first post of this thread. The second one is the official banner, used for each preview, announcement or newsletter in the forums. You can see it at the top of this post or on any other official posts.
    5. We will be making a bi-monthly (every two weeks) newsletter here; so you may see how big is our progress. Starting Monday, March 28th.

That is all. Thanks for your support and I hope you have a good day.

~Jirisys ()

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

If you guys want to use my faction symbols or skins, I'm okay with it. If you want a skinner, I'd be glad to help (again).
    This was my old Maurya symbol:
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 03-16-2011 at 14:30.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

I am sure that would be great!

Not to offend anyone or something, but can something be scavenged from previous ATB, of course with permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Not to offend anyone or something, but can something be scavenged from previous ATB, of course with permissions?
    Lots, but we try not to, exhumating a dead body always feels weird.

~Jirisys ()

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast