Thread: Several FM's in one city - who becomes governor?

Question Several FM's in one city - who becomes governor?

Hello everybody,

in my pahlavan campaign i try to send new FM's to certain cities with the academic buildings, as i want them to get some positive traits before i send them to other cities as governors or in the field to fight. But sometimes those new FM's become governor when they enter the city, even though the happiness of the population and the money earned in the city go down! Is there any possibility to manually decide who shall govern the city when there are several FM's in one city?
    Thanks in advance for your answers

Default Re: Several FM's in one city - who becomes governor?

the one with highest management.

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    the one with highest management.
    Sounds logical, but it's obviously not the one with highest management, when hapiness goes down and the city makes less money than before?

Easy way to check - who is shown as the governor when you look at the details of the city? That settles it with no argument.

Two more things to learn: influence has more impact on happiness than management, and the old guy could have had better retinue or fiscal skills than the new one.

In my last KH campaign the older, more experienced FM, had the gouverneur position while another FM was in the town with better management skills then the former. Normaly, the management abilities decide over the gouvernmenship, but sometimes the previous gouverneur keeps his rank despite those abilities. Anyway, playing Pahlava you´ve got the "settled" natures and the once who live on the move, mostly of Dahae tribe, and those guys rock, from my experience. All you need are some healing ancillaries for them, the rest the´ll pick in the fights. And if you want a really bad ass general, pick a selfish Dahae and let him be ol´style - no Ahura Mazda worshiping, but the old gods - loot and plunder, raid and enslave at will ;)
    - 10 mov. points :P

It's the general with highest management who enters a city. If you have a governor with 0 management and a younger FM in a city, the younger FM will not automatically become governor if he develops some management skills, you have to take him out of the city and let him re-enter to make him governor. And yes, influence and traits have much more impact on happiness and income than management.