Thread: You have been monked

Default You have been monked

Anybody have any further info on what the demo kinda hinted at - that enemy monks can trigger upisings. Is this going to be like a random catastrophe kind of thing? Or like a shogun version of medieval mass-migrations/invasions? Or something else entirely?

and while we're at it - does anybody know if there's a way to disable mass migrations/invasions in M2TW? (yeah - i know this is wrong forum - but just while we're on the subject :) )

Default Re: You have been monked

Quote Originally Posted by zarker View Post
    Anybody have any further info on what the demo kinda hinted at - that enemy monks can trigger upisings. Is this going to be like a random catastrophe kind of thing? Or like a shogun version of medieval mass-migrations/invasions? Or something else entirely?

and while we're at it - does anybody know if there's a way to disable mass migrations/invasions in M2TW? (yeah - i know this is wrong forum - but just while we're on the subject :) )
    I bet the monks are functioning bit like the Shinobi in the original STW, causing rebellion when set on enemy province.Though maybe they have specific missions for doing so this time that cost money.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Perhaps Christian daimyos will find monks to be especially rebellious. This could be one more thing to consider when taking up the cross.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Monks are great as they can be used to demoralize an enemy army - preferably right before you attack - and I am guessing they are more effective against Christians.

One feature of agents that I noticed is that sending them on missions as often as you can levels them up despite failures. It seems that the game now rewards OJT rather than just successes. Agents also have their own special ability trees somewhat similar to diamyo arts trees and missions over time accrue points towards proficiency in different specialties.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I liked the fact that diplomatic pieces are producable again. I never liked the spawning diplomatic piece.
    Silence is beautiful

well, unlike the original shogun, monks are certainly not as powerful was they where in the acual battle field. I feel a little uneasy about this rock paper scissors set up..